Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 53  Next
Cheaters/Trolls/Hackers/General Server Issues 

"makaveli" is either 1) makaveli, who is insanely good 2) other really good people being "makaveli" for lulz 3) other people (who know the game well) hacking while being "makaveli" because hes actually that good(ish), and cause being good at the game is more significant than hacking any way 4) other people smurfing as makaveli

and in all of those roles hes a total asshole :D. being "makaveli" generally consists of buying a new steamid and parading around etc

Sat May 03, 2008 1:09 pm
Site Admin

Silverwolf/Mak is another old-skool ex-cal, currently ansl member. Top dog on Prevert team to boot. Like Hawthorne, I've likewise had the privilage of having my ass kicked by him for the past four years or so.

True neither of these guys has any business wiping the floor with our poor nubs though. It gets to the point where you have to kindly ask the super-1337s to leave after awhile, shameful though that is.

Sat May 03, 2008 3:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Dunno people, was just a contribution under my small posibilities but, the ENSL has a very clear idea who is this moron any way, so get a clue..

Sat May 03, 2008 3:15 pm

well, IMO anybody that always goes marines and never aliens and can't seem to miss, probably has an aimbot, but looking at the bad stats, he completely sucks at alien which also makes him look questionable

I don't know who your talking about Thoth, I was looking at the stats that C4k3 posted for Makaveli, don't know who hawthorne is

Last edited by Cerberus on Sun May 04, 2008 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 03, 2008 9:10 pm
Site Admin

Ratio of 300:11 as fade? Yeah, terrible alien. Set against his 1548:505 on marine, it's amazing he even ever bothers playing alien. And how dare Hawthorne only play marine for the three games we have stats on him.

Sat May 03, 2008 9:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW

The server sometimes feels laggy... wondering if... wondering if...

It could be the new crap outside... something that let the flashlight of the "player" blink 1000/sec in RR... I have saw that many many times lately, in <BAD> wich has the same lag problem... as well as in GigglyPuff's; no idea what is it, but is not a macro for sure... maybe some sort of speed hacking or rate-ish thingy; what if the server can't stand a couple of that kind of clients?

I suggest try out some sort of rates validation under a "normal range"... I saw something like that running in Tactical Gamer a moth ago or so.

Tue May 06, 2008 1:25 pm
Site Admin

I know how that's done, and I don't want to encourage it, but I will say it doesnt involve rate or speed hacks... While it might cause FPS lag on some gfx cards (specially ATI), it shouldn't cause any server lag.

Tue May 06, 2008 1:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I know how that's done, and I don't want to encourage it, but I will say it doesnt involve rate or speed hacks... While it might cause FPS lag on some gfx cards (specially ATI), it shouldn't cause any server lag.

If you mean this is an AnyKey programming time/strokes using DOS MODE, this is not, is another different thing related with HL command spam via injection I guess in order to bypass the wait time/command.

*/duck Thoth's iron fist*

Tue May 06, 2008 2:16 pm
Site Admin

No, I didn't mean anything along those lines... And my fists are like my feet these days: made of clay.

Tue May 06, 2008 4:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Glad to see the server back!!!! Thanks his pinkness, you make possible all this!!!

In the Hottest Fashion Emergency news section:

STEAM_0:1:443302

1482! - aka Maruchan! got caught... this is the third time, the firsr one was in CAL, lawl, as Peter Gabriel said, this is an amuse that never ends!!!:

http://demos.h4x.cc/index.php?page=demo ... ore&id=172
http://nsbadclan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1766
http://nsbadclan.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1788

Wed May 14, 2008 10:00 am
Site Admin

STEAM_0:1:443302 is in my HLSW database, also already flagged as banned... Sure it was Jigglypuff's you were on when you saw him? Cuz I still can't contact the server.

PS. For those who haven't already asked via IM - it seems the CPU/Mobo exploded. They are under warranty, but it'll take time for the service to go through. His Pinkness is being flown all over the world, at the moment, so it'll also take time for him to do the necessary software repairs as well.

Wed May 14, 2008 10:28 am
Profile YIM WWW

What's the ruling on recyclers these days? Especially the kind that do it multiple games in a row, even after the vocal complaints of the marines during the first game? And that do it as soon as the game turns sour for the little TSA fascists, but long before the commies have turned it into an inevitable victory for the proletariat?

In particular, I'm referencing Fairy, 0:0:10650679. For all I know, Goo's already given him a verbal lashing or something, but after sitting through a game that he probably WOULD have recycled if he didn't get commjacked (a disastrous game, by the way), I felt that I should post just in case.

Also, hi!

Tue May 27, 2008 2:18 am
Site Admin

Premature recycling tends to lead to premature comm banning. Unless all the marines are dead, the obsv is down, and your portals are being camped, one recycles at his own risk.

(Once upon a time, we had a script that would automagically flag you if you recycled IP's while the arms lab was intact, so we can be pretty vicious when it comes to cowards.)

Since Goo was there, however, it's his call. We trust the AI admin, for he is well coded.
"Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame." - The Stolen Journals
Thothie

Tue May 27, 2008 2:45 am
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

You shouldn't trust me. If I were admin, everyone would be banned...

Tue May 27, 2008 12:03 pm

thats a good thing, everything dies at sometime.

Tue May 27, 2008 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 53  Next