Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Drugs are bad... But we do them anyway. 

i spend a lot of time observing people, and i can definitely say i'm no worse off than 65% of the population (so far as to possessing a "sound mind") even when im stoned.

just cause you can't handle it doesn't mean other people can't

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:07 am

i spend a lot of time observing people, and i can definitely say i'm no worse off than 65% of the population (so far as to possessing a "sound mind") even when im stoned.

just cause you can't handle it doesn't mean other people can't

It has nothing to do with "what you can handle." It has to do with the fact that you're not of sound mind and you're more apt to make poor decisions. Doing it at a party where you're not stumbling around through a public place is one thing. Doing it and going to Target is completely another.

And how may I ask can you make an objective opinion about how you are when you are under the influence anyway? You think the people that walked into the CD store slurring their words and making absolutely no sense because they were baked off their mind had any idea that I knew they were stoned? Obviously they thought they were normal enough to go out in public.

I don't know how it is in Hawaii or California, but I can tell you in Texas, if you get caught by a cop smelling like pot and giggling like an idiot, chances are you're spending the night in jail. And god help you if you have any on you.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:11 am
Site Admin

I don't know how it is in Hawaii or California, but I can tell you in Texas, if you get caught by a cop smelling like pot and giggling like an idiot, chances are you're spending the night in jail. And god help you if you have any on you.

...and you're proud of this? ;)

I mean, it's rude to be high in public and all – and yeah 90% of these folk seem to think we don’t realize they’re high, when it’s so painfully obvious - but if yer not causing any problems, you shouldn’t be incarcerated for it. Granted, I could say the same for drinkers too, save for the fact that’s really just to clear out the homeless, and they get into fights by tradition, in addition to puking up on perfectly good carpet. So long as you aren’t causing any major disruption though, you shouldn’t experience any major disruption.

That’s just my internal sense of justice, however, and I wholly realize this world wants nothing to do with justice. ;) ‘sides – they get a few thousand a head per day each time they manage to keep some poor stoner in jail, so who needs justice when you can have profit?

Now, if only they could do that for people who post in public forums while high, I'd be with you there! :roll:

Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:05 am
Profile YIM WWW

It's not a matter of being proud. Its the fact that it's illegal, and regardless to whether or not you think its alright to act like a jackass in public by walking around high giggling at large paperclips, its just stupid to take such an uneccessary risk. Its not a matter of do I agree with the law or not, its a matter of, it is the law and if im going to break it, im going to be smart enough to do it discretely.

If you're going to do an illegal substance you're already taking a big enough risk, you don't need to take the risk of walking around in public. It's inconsiderate, dangerous, and you could be arrested. All i'm saying is if you are going to break the law, at least be smart enough to not do it out in the open.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:42 am

Ahahahah! You guys act like youre going to make a difference for people who smoke weed. Mmmm more motivational speech please. LOL so funny. Besides here you wont go to jail ^^ I love cali, you only get a ticket unless you have more than an oz of good shit with ya. But ya know what, who gives a fuck! Live it up, I think you need to get out more doc fyi. Instead of sitting on the forums trying to judge people you dont even know. I dont know why youre trying so fuckin hard. Whether if its smart or not, youre not going to change their minds or mine. Hey I guess you just have nothing else better to do. But, whatever floats your boat. Some people like friends in real life, some dont. Have a nice day! Locane I hope you and your gf last forever, she seems wonderful. ^^

PS. umm ya guys might wanna check the topic and first post to realize what doc asked. I didnt post here for some dick to tell me I'm an idiot, just cause my decisions and my way of life is different than his...

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:42 am

It's not a matter of being proud. Its the fact that it's illegal, and regardless to whether or not you think its alright to act like a jackass in public by walking around high giggling at large paperclips, its just stupid to take such an uneccessary risk. Its not a matter of do I agree with the law or not, its a matter of, it is the law and if im going to break it, im going to be smart enough to do it discretely.

If you're going to do an illegal substance you're already taking a big enough risk, you don't need to take the risk of walking around in public. It's inconsiderate, dangerous, and you could be arrested. All i'm saying is if you are going to break the law, at least be smart enough to not do it out in the open.

Yeah... the flaw in your logic is that cops smoke it too, and don't really care. Especially in California. Or Seattle. Or anywhere in Canada.

No offense, Doc.

Cops might be pricks in Texas, but Kitty being high in public is the least of a police officer's worries. After all, he has speeding ticket quota to meet.

--Locane

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:17 am

TheDoc wrote:

Yeah... the flaw in your logic is that cops smoke it too, and don't really care. Especially in California. Or Seattle. Or anywhere in Canada.

No offense, Doc.

Cops might be pricks in Texas, but Kitty being high in public is the least of a police officer's worries. After all, he has speeding ticket quota to meet.

--Locane

I'm not sure what about enforcing the law makes you a prick? MJ is illegal, if you are caught doing something illegal, causality states you will be punished. As you said, if they give out speeding tickets why wouldn't they prosecute illegal drug use?

California MJ laws might be more lenient than the rest of america since you are the only state to have legalize it for medicinal use. There are 49 other states in America, and agree with it or not MJ is illegal (technically its illegal there too).

As for cops smoking it, what's your point cops speed too, law enforcement is above the law. That doesn't mean they won't write you a ticket for speeding. Also, cops who do smoke pot most likely don't do so while they're on duty. It is their job to uphold the law. Regardless of what a cop does in his personal life, his job states that he should write you a ticket and or take you to jail. Cops who smoke pot MIGHT be a bit more lenient, but that's purely speculative as the reason they became cops in the first place was most likely to grant themselves authority. It's completely their discression rather they write you a ticket or not, my philosophy is you should just assume they will and not take the chance.

LostKittie wrote:
Ahahahah! You guys act like youre going to make a difference for people who smoke weed. Mmmm more motivational speech please. LOL so funny. Besides here you wont go to jail ^^ I love cali, you only get a ticket unless you have more than an oz of good shit with ya. But ya know what, who gives a fuck! Live it up, I think you need to get out more doc fyi. Instead of sitting on the forums trying to judge people you dont even know. I dont know why youre trying so fuckin hard. Whether if its smart or not, youre not going to change their minds or mine. Hey I guess you just have nothing else better to do. But, whatever floats your boat. Some people like friends in real life, some dont. Have a nice day! Locane I hope you and your gf last forever, she seems wonderful. ^^

PS. umm ya guys might wanna check the topic and first post to realize what doc asked. I didnt post here for some dick to tell me I'm an idiot, just cause my decisions and my way of life is different than his...

I am not judging you because you smoke in public, I was simply asserting that it was a bad idea, and you could avoid citations by simply smoking privately. I called you an idiot because of your asinine replies to some helpful criticism. If you feel the need to take uneccessary risks to get your jollies, then by all means, go smoke in public and pay tickets. You can condone your behavior however you wish, but think of all the weed you could have bought instead of paying a ticket for getting busted in public. I'm not going to waste my time trying to sway the opinion of an idiot.

As for my OP, the purpose of this thread was to share your experiences experimenting with drugs in a safe and intelligent manner. If someone comes in here and advises people that overdosing is fun, I would jump on them too. I am not trying to tell you you shouldn't smoke marajuana, obviously if I was I wouldn't have started this thread in the first place. The purpose of this thread is to inform people how to use drugs to enrich their lives in an intelligent manner, pretentious as it may sound. I'm not sure why anyone on this forum would advise someone to do something that would put them in harms way or possibly put them at greater risk of getting in trouble. Be smart guys, that's the point.

Last edited by TheDoc on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Last edited by C4K3 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:54 pm

TheDoc wrote:
I have noticed we have never had a substance thread on the Jiggs forums. Not that I condone the abuse of illegal (or legal) substances or anything, however if anyone has any stories to tell of past experiences or reccomendations, I figured this would be a good place to voice them.

*note* caffeine high you got from downing a case of Bawls at last weeks LAN party does not count as an experience.

Where does it say this is a topic to inform people? And why are you like writing a whole story.. quit crying about whats illegal and legal, whats dangerous and not. Get over it, you dont make a difference. So just stop.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:29 pm

LostKittie wrote:
TheDoc wrote:
I have noticed we have never had a substance thread on the Jiggs forums. Not that I condone the abuse of illegal (or legal) substances or anything, however if anyone has any stories to tell of past experiences or reccomendations, I figured this would be a good place to voice them.

*note* caffeine high you got from downing a case of Bawls at last weeks LAN party does not count as an experience.

Where does it say this is a topic to inform people? And why are you like writing a whole story.. quit crying about whats illegal and legal, whats dangerous and not. Get over it, you dont make a difference. So just stop.

It's implied. If you don't care what I have to say, then quit posting in response to my posts and this forum would be a much happier place. I'm not attempting to make a difference, if you don't care about other people's opinions then what is the point of you posting here in the first place?

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Do you believe in the principle of civil disobedience? Do you believe that laws can be WRONG? Do you believe that as a good citizen you have a responsibility to improve society, including fixing wrong laws? If you answered no to any of these questions, you are a member of the apathetic ignorant tyrant majority, and you are my enemy. Not in an "I don't like you" sense, but in a "You are opposition to my way of life, my beliefs of objectivity and justice, step aside or I will push you aside" way.

Do you know the difference between the acute and chronic effects of marijuana? Do you know that when I smoke every day, I'm almost never "stoned off my ass"? slightly impaired yes(and very high), but I've been pulled over in what may be the most anal city in california (not for any traffic violations, merely "checking up" ie profiling (which is WRONG if you ask me)) right after smoking a bowl and running to carl's junior, had like a 5 minute conversation with the cop about amphetamines(which i have never touched), my car, my criminal history, my traffic history, where I had been/was going, WHILE IN POSSESSION, without batting an eye or giving this trained professional (or arbiter of objective justice, in your eyes) the slightest clue I wasn't "normal." It was easy, I WASN'T DOING ANYTHING "WRONG," I wasn't any worse of than any other joe blow, I WAS "normal."

Do you know that THIRTEEN states have medical marijuana (and it has been decriminalized in 10 of them for the past 30 years)? Maybe out there in the old bible belt prejudices still ride high enough to make it seem criminal, but 13/52 is a VERY significant ratio (especially when it accounts for a much larger portion of the population).

The reason many cops are considered pricks is that they allow an arbitrary creation of human conscience to entirely override their own human conscience, even when they have firsthand knowledge. plenty of cops aren't pricks, plenty of cops are freaking amazing people, amazing cops, etc. the problem is that THATS THE REQUIREMENT FOR BEING A COP, thats why they don't get much recognition, because they're just doing what they should be doing. its the ones that aren't living up to the job that make all the bad impressions.

And as to how I can make an objective opinion about how I am when I am under the influence . . . well it isn't easy or simple, but its quite possible. When you smoke every day and are actually IN these situations, it falls into place if you pay attention. You make the mistake of thinking i don't care . . . I pay attention to the ways I do/have interact(ed) with people, I would say that NOTHING I do or say escapes some form of internal judicial review, but I can't guarantee that 100%. Don't get me wrong though, I have been really stoned in public, and had trouble functioning in some specific (and largely unimportant, which is what you fail to realize) way . . . and I felt bad for the person/people I inconvenienced. Yeah if I walked around completely out of my mind that would be pretty assholish to everyone else, but I don't. I know I can handle it because I have mountains of evidence of me handling it. All you have is speculation and your own personal failures. Those people that you think thought you didn't know they were stoned off their asses? They know. They just DON'T GIVE A FUCK. Oh I'm sorry Mr. target clerk, DID I HURT YOUR FEELINGS CAUSE I WAS HIGH? Well sorry, but I don't care if its more work for you . . . you must have such a hard job! Just pretend I'm one of the COMPLETELY SOBER IDIOTS that come in all the time anyway.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Last edited by C4K3 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:12 pm

I do believe in the principle of civil disobedience, however I don't consider illegal drug usage to fall within the bounds of this principle. Tell me how you are improving society by advocating the use of a potentially hazardous substance?

1. you aren't saccrificing anything for your cause, in fact you are doing something that pleases you. Using marijuana isn't any more civil disobedience than wanking off in public.

2. Driving while "slightly" impaired is still driving while impaired, and its irresonsible plain and simple. The same goes for driving after consuming alcohol, even though alcohol is a legal substance. You never know when your slight impairment might be the difference between getting into an accident or nearly avoiding one.

3. You're fighting to serve your own personal needs as opposed to the needs of a group of people. You can say "no i'm fighting for stoners everywhere" but... are you? If you didn't use marijuana would you still campaign for it simply because you beleive its right?

4. Do I believe there are laws that shouldn't be in place? Maybe, but wouldn't you also agree that most of the laws that are in place are there for your own good, or at least for the good of the majority of people who are stupid and would do stupid things without the place of those laws?

5. The argument of "sure I'm an asshole when I'm high, but no bigger than other people who are assholes when they are not high" is flawed in that... if could be avoided why would you want to be a dick at all? Why give people a hard time needlessly. "Just because other people are" is not a justification to do anything.

6. Have you ever considered that you might just have a substance addiction, and maybe it would be better for you to quit anyway? I'm sure you have, and I'm sure you've weighed the pleasure you get from using said substance over the health benefits of quitting. Even so, how can you consider a dependence a good thing?

7. How often is medicinal marijuana abused for the purpose of recreation? Is that any better than using any other perscription drug inappropriately? How is that different from popping vicadin?

Look, my argument has never been it's wrong to smoke marijuana. I'm indifferent really, since I don't smoke it on a regular basis it doesn't really effect me enough to campaign for the legalization of it. In fact, I think the world is probably better off without the legalization of more addictive substances that have negative effects on one's health. We certainly already have enough of those in America. You can argue maybe that its form of population control, but that's pretty morbid.

No one is chastising you for using marijuana, but I will chastise you for using it and being a dick in public simply because "you have seen sober people act like more of assholes before." I mean... do I really need to say "if you saw a sober person jump off a bridge, does that mean you would do it too?" It's the same concept.

Last edited by TheDoc on Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:23 pm

you keep spelling marijuana wrong....

fixed, thanks.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next