Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Captured British Troops 

Has anyone been keeping up with this nonsense? That is, of the 15 British sailors being held by Iran.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:36 am

It honestly sounds disturbingly like a terrible backstory for a T's versus CT's game.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:17 am
Site Admin

We'll wind up invading Iran for the same reason we stay in Iraq: damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Granted, Iran is in the same boat, since we made it perfectly clear to them that they have no chance of maintaining their sovereignty, without nuclear arms, when we invaded Iraq. I mean, seriously, if I ran that country I woulda purchased a bunch and set half them off in my back yard by now.

We may wait for a slightly better excuse though.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:57 am
Profile YIM WWW

They crossed the boundry into iranian waters because they were spying :lol: . America and britian are going to invade anyways because iran wants to switch over to the euro. Hence exports of crude will cost mucho mucho. They will find any excuse to invade now :idea:

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:29 am

Any excuse will do.

We'll wind up invading Iran for the same reason we stay in Iraq: damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Granted, Iran is in the same boat, since we made it perfectly clear to them that they have no chance of maintaining their sovereignty, without nuclear arms, when we invaded Iraq. I mean, seriously, if I ran that country I woulda purchased a bunch and set half them off in my back yard by now.

We may wait for a slightly better excuse though.

^That

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:06 pm

I remember reading somewhere that a GPS on a british chopper working with the boats says they were not in Iranian waters...but meh, I don't think the US will do jack shit, cause of whats going on now in Iraq.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Well, they were freed today as an "Easter gift to the British people."

:roll:

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:47 pm

Well, they were freed today as an "Easter gift to the British people."

:roll:

I actually chuckled when I heard that.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:20 pm

apparently NATO has GPS info that shows the brits were in Iraq water, and the Iranians went and nabbed them, I enjoyed watching the footage of the capture soldiers as you can obviously see them reading cue cards / prepared statments, then Ahmedjad let them all go after giving them suits and having a press conference.

Whatever, the mullahs that control Ahmedjad are getting pretty pissed with him in general, he is slowly loosing power and will probably not be president of Iran in a year or two

Tue May 08, 2007 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]