Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
since you asked.. 
Site Admin

Meh, I do not think we have an efficient justice system (as if we did, a lot of this stuff wouldn't happen - and a lot of politicians would be in jail). I think what we've been infected by instead, is an over-reaching bureaucracy that, due partly to political motives, and partly to just having so many people to deal with, arrests people for stupid reasons, the most common there of: for being poor. I suspect if we stopped arresting people to possessing handfuls of pot and failing to pay traffic fines, we'd cut our jail population in half. (And some studies I've read suggest it'd do more than that.)

Quote:
am I the only one getting tired of the Bush and Clinton families hogging the white house? All of them are clearly blinded by greed.

Ya know, and I realize I'm incredibly naïve for forcing myself to believe this, but I do not think it is a simple case of "greed". I think the people we elect and the PTB's really believe what's good for them and theirs is good for the nation. The investments they have in the darker American industries are generally so massive and so far reaching that I assume it must be difficult for them not to drastically inflate the iota of truth behind that belief. So they believe, sincerely, in the end, what they are doing is right for the nation. Granted, I suppose that's still "blinded by greed" of a sort, but it at least it humanizes them in some way that allows one to say "but their heart's in the right place".

Granted, certain recent politicians have really been putting that particular belief to the flames as of late. :(

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2