Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Obama, Clinton, and McCain 

I blame thoth for hillary taking California. Let it begin.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 am

+1 vote for Obama.

EOF

Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:59 am

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:13 pm
Site Admin

Frankly, in terms of withdrawing from Iraq, which seems to be the subject they are all harping on, I don’t think it’s going to matter which one gets into office.

McCain, despite his willingness to be there for “10, 100, or 1000 yearsâ€

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Last edited by C4K3 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Thoth are you saying you think someone is going to assassinate Obama?

This kind of scares me, because I've heard of him being compared to Kennedy back in the day, and everyone knows what happened there.

I like Obama mainly for 1 reason: He promised to remove the power and control the oil companies have over the US right now, and that's something I've wanted to see done for a long time.

Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:37 pm

We need to find a good alternate fuel source....

Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:15 pm
Site Admin

Thoth are you saying you think someone is going to assassinate Obama?

This kind of scares me, because I've heard of him being compared to Kennedy back in the day, and everyone knows what happened there.

Well, duh. I mean, look at the facts: He’s a black presidential candidate, running on a platform of peace (even if he’s not going to accomplish it, when he dies, he’ll be remembered as a peacemaker, mark my words). NOTHING attracts bullets as well as black activists and peace makers, and putting both in the same package, and making it president to boot, well, he midas well just paint the bulls-eye on his forehead and be done with it.

Quote:
I like Obama mainly for 1 reason: He promised to remove the power and control the oil companies have over the US right now, and that's something I've wanted to see done for a long time.

This may sound good, but that’s basically the only reason he’s said it. I’m sure he’s been beaten enough with the reality stick to at least know better than that. There’s also “problemsâ€

Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW

We also need really inept aliens to attempt an invasion of the planet, and the return of Jebus. :roll:

lawl

QFT.

I've been saying that for a long time now. If aliens invaded, we'd have something to hate! HUMANITY UNITE! Yeah!

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:06 am

I like McCain's economic policy regarding a return from deficit spending, and a reduction of taxes for the middle class. I also like that he is not insanely religious or socially conservative. I like his view on healthcare, which appears to be to make slight adjustments to our current system than to completely reform healthcare.

I'm not sure I like his policy on Iraq, but to be honest at least he's taken a realsitic stand that will most likely lead to a swifter and happier ending than either Hillary's or Obama's plan. Yes he says initially we should send more troops into Iraq, which sounds like a nightmare, but I think increased manpower over there will bring about a swifter resolution, and a quicker return home for our truths, as opposed to Hillary who states "she will start bringing troops home of conditions allow." That really just sounds like more of the same of what's going on now. If conditions allowed us to bring troops home without causing the country to collapse, we would have already done so. Same with Obama, his theory that threatening to remove our troops will jump start the Iraq government into action is ridiculous.

Both of them make promises that sound good especially to a younger and more liberal audience, but they are unrealistic, and either one of them will getting into office will result in insane tax raises, which might help to correct the deficet on paper, but in the long run will end up crippling the disposable incomes from the middle and upper class.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:45 pm

I personally like Obama's plan on iraq as it is more of an isolationists idea. I really don't care what happens to the country, I care much more what happens to this country as well as it's people.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:59 pm

I personally like Obama's plan on iraq as it is more of an isolationists idea. I really don't care what happens to the country, I care much more what happens to this country as well as it's people.

I think its kind of an irresponsible point of view. We made a mess and we should clean it up, despite the fact the rest of the world can only wave its finger at us instead of lending a helping hand. I like McCain's stance on swift action and finally finishing what we've started as opposed to letting this war fester anymore.

Plus, both Clinton's and Obama's standpont say that they won't leave iraq crippled, but instead will only cripple our military presence there. I think this will only serve to make the situation worse. They want to start pulling us out before the project is finished and not invest anymore manpower into it, but at the same time, they don't want to leave the country in a state of chaos. I think this "change" they promise will ultimately lead to more of the same, because they won't pull troops out right away, but at the same time they won't invest more troops to the situation to finish it.

In both Clinton and Obama's plans for reforming Iraq, we sill pour tons of money into Iraq which will come from raised tax revenues.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:29 pm
Site Admin

What’s happening in Iraq has nothing to do with that country or its people.

If we just vanished from Iraq today, after a brief pause of “wtf?â€

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Hooray_Yogurt wrote:

I think its kind of an irresponsible point of view. We made a mess and we should clean it up, despite the fact the rest of the world can only wave its finger at us instead of lending a helping hand. I like McCain's stance on swift action and finally finishing what we've started as opposed to letting this war fester anymore.

Yes... we made it a mess. The middle east hasn't been a mess since the first world war now has it.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:11 pm

Just because there is a puddle of vomit on the ground doesn't mean you can piss in it and walk away.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next