Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Who SHOULD be President 

Ok, who SHOULD be President - not who you think is gonna be President. Explain why you think they should be President.

I like Ron Paul - like me, he's a libertarian/constitutionalist. He votes against any bill that is not authorized by the Constitution. He is for cutting government spending and taxes (including the federal income tax and the inflation tax), ending the IRS and supports a non-interventionist foreign policy with emphasis on free trade and peace (and by free trade, not NAFTA or CAFTA - government managed trade). His greatest strength is that he stands his ground and doesn't flip flop to gain more votes....he's honest and consistent.

Who are YOU supporting and why?

Tue May 15, 2007 6:56 pm
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!

Out of any of the major candidates, I'd go with mitt romney, just because i think he's probably the only one with any kind of moral backbone. I've long since given up on having my political desires implemented (they aren't really possible without revolution/complete overhaul), so I tend to go with the person I think is gonna screw up least. Honestly if a presidential candidate has exhibited failure in everyday life activities (eg marriage, a million other things), theres not a snowball's chance in hell I want them running my country.

Ideally I would like to see a scaling government structure with Rousseau's basic principles in mind . . . predominantly small local governments with true democracy (ie >50% of voters individually represented), with state governments operating in near their current capacity as representative oligarchies (hand off more responsiblity to locals though) as an overhead, and the federal government existing as a confederating agent dealing predominantly (ie almost solely) with issues of unity between the states, constitutionality and international relations and possessing only executive and judicial powers related to those issues (house/senate would be integrated into the local/state level).

Course none of that could ever really happen until we have a meltdown, and then it probably get screwed up again anyway.

Tue May 15, 2007 7:29 pm

Tue May 15, 2007 8:30 pm

Wed May 16, 2007 10:08 am
Profile WWW

Wed May 16, 2007 9:01 pm

peek in the random politicing for 08 thread

Wed May 16, 2007 11:05 pm

Thu May 17, 2007 4:02 am
Site Admin

Meh, I have such a low opinion of all the potential candidates, it's almost an insult to suggest I'd settle for Yogurt over them. I wouldn't want to lower him to a level where I could actually draw comparisons between them.

Really, though, Yogurt is just as likely, if not more, to become president than any of the secondary candidates you guys are on about.

Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel, and like fringe elements of their respective parties are allowed to be there to give us the illusion that there are powerful politicians that aren't under the thumb of the of the program. They know this. The only reason they take the pulpit, is so that they can yell at the wall about the insanity that they have to work under. All this, while the other, real candidates, dance around the various artificial issues to dazzle and galvinmize their votership, while offering no real change, to keep that wall, known as the American people, deaf and dumb.

You'll notice, in the Republican debates, just how quickly they jumped all over Ron Paul, or anyone else who dared to say an iota of truth, and how easily the "kookie raves" of Gravel and Kucinich were brushed aside, even by the most notoriously left-wing news sources.

You midas well vote for Yogurt, if yer considering one of them, all you're going to do is take another vote away from your chosen lesser evil.

Those evil choices are: Hillary and Giuliani. Maybe McCain, but I think the PTB's have found a much better pawn in Giuliani, as he's always been the perfect Bush administration puppet, having done some utterly atrocious things for them already, while McCain, even trying to garnish support by backing the war so strongly now, has made the mistake of speaking his mind once too often (ie. once).

Republican voter fraud is much more effective than Democratic voter fraud. It's harder for Democrats, as they have to disenfranchise rich people, while Republicans have to disenfranchise the poor and the brown. Contrary to popular belief, the black man did not receive the right to vote in 1965. This goes doubly so, if you happen to be a black man in the military. I experienced a lot of that crap, first hand, doing anti-voter fraud volunteer work in 2006, and the machine wasn't nearly in full swing then. So in the end, your "choice" is Giuliani.

So yes, Yogurt should be president, and is at least infinitely more deserving to be so than any of those monsters on the ballot... Ideally, if I were to build my own monster, I think I'd want some hybrid love-child of Henry Kissinger and Mumia Abu-Jamal's, but I suspect the genetic contradiction would cause some sort atomic implosion. 'sides Mumia maybe executed before '08, so there's not enough time to piece together the clone. ;)

As I always say, short of alien invasion or the second coming, nothing is going to change. Carpet bombing DC with nukes during peak hours wouldn't hurt though. (Hopefully Wildcat and Carnivore get that.)
"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die. And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Thothie

Thu May 17, 2007 8:40 am
Profile YIM WWW

Lens flare lol

Thu May 17, 2007 7:10 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

So yes, Yogurt should be president, and is at least infinitely more deserving to be so than any of those monsters on the ballot...

I don't know about infinitely more deserving...I'm going with more deserving in a countably finite sort of way.
:P

Thu May 17, 2007 7:11 pm
Site Admin

The candidates are all inhuman filth, pits of the deepest darkness, mechanizations of unspeakable horror, devoid of all soul, spirit, compassion, rationality, and ability to face reality. They are lost forever in the delusions of purpose, beaten into them by convenience, position, and social circumstance. They are so far removed from the truth they weave an unbreakable web of lies over their own eyes and of any foolish enough to believe them, of which there are many, and will be many more. Any one of them will be the result, directly or indirectly, of the deaths of hundreds of millions, and the misery and poverty of that many times over, within their four to eight year term. They will cause unimaginable fear, terror, and devastation throughout the world, covering their hands in unbelievable torrents of blood, only to wash them clean at the end of the day, just as our current administration does, all while dragging the once proud nation of justice and freedom, further and further from any hope of ever knowing the meaning of those words ever again.

Finite maybe... I dunno about countable though. ;)

...Granted, I doubt any of them /stuck exploit on NS. :P

Fri May 18, 2007 12:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

...Granted, I doubt any of them /stuck exploit on NS. :P

I'm willing to bet at least one of them knows what a /stuck exploit means, however. Law of averages! Or maybe it's the earpiece telling them what to say when we ask questions of them. :roll:

Fri May 18, 2007 6:53 am

Ya, well the world has gone to shit, and its just full of lies, and will always be. Its up to you to believe what you want. To me all politicians are liars, I don't vote, cause I think it doesn't matter, whoever is in office I am their pawn and I do their bidding liking it or not liking it.

Fri May 18, 2007 8:19 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

But you're in the military; that sort of goes without saying. :P

I think voting could matter, if everyone who was fed up with our current system and abstains from voting actually collected as a group and spoke their mind. I believe at least a small amount of change would happen then. But the likelihood of this coalescence of action actually happening is so slim that I too have basically given up hope; I guess I'll just live with whatever is decided.

That or I'm just too lazy; my brain only wants to worry about more immediate things. :shock:

Fri May 18, 2007 10:36 pm

Fri May 18, 2007 11:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next