Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Just Cause 2 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... st-Cause-2

I'm thinking about buying this.

I played the demo and it was pretty epic.

Thu May 27, 2010 6:05 pm

It's a pretty uninteresting one-trick pony. I'd rent it not buy it.

Fri May 28, 2010 8:55 am

I just downloaded the Mario Galaxy 2 iso from TPB and ran it with dolphin wii emulator using the biggest rig avail at home, almost got 45 fps. :? It looks ok for underaged / lame players in a TAK fashion: you should give it a try instead those bloody trash titles driving your mind to the sickness. Bwahahahaha

<3

Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 am

Or you could play some sc2, maybe learn a thing or 2 so you don't suck so bad.

Fri May 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Fri May 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Or you could play some sc2, maybe learn a thing or 2 so you don't suck so bad.

SC2 feels kinda bland now.

Whereas before, there were all kinds of tech options to explore in SC1, like if I was protoss. Do I tech 3/3 carriers? Coat the map in photon cannons? Go Archons? Maybe scouts and arbiters, and some zealots? Or reavers too. Or maybe I should just mass dragoons and roll.

But in SC2, protoss is: Chrono boost zealots for 3 gateways, get some stalkers to defend against all the cheese (reapers, mutua rush, void rays) then tech to void rays.

It kinda sounds like I'm dissing on Protoss' unit spread, and I'm not really. I have very few complaints about toss units, but the amount of special purpose units in the game like reapers means that I have to build the counter to them to make sure I don't fall victim to it. It's really limiting, every game feels similar, if not exactly the same. I basically have to research all parts of the tech tree to win, so there aren't any "unexplored" sections to it.

Or maybe I'm just not used to competitive play. I don't know. From what I read on the forums SC1 had a lot more options in that regard.

Sat May 29, 2010 11:44 am

I don't really find that to be the case at all really, if anything I'd say there are more strategies available now than there ever were in brood war. Not to mention the improvements they made in units to allow easier micro etc.

Really though, the game all comes down to how efficiently your spend your resources and macro about the map. In fact, a lot of what units you should build depends on what map you're playing and of course what units your opponent is building.

Zealots are good early on especially against zerg since they're not able to build both offensive units and workers units at the same time. If you can get a few zealots to a zerg base and get them to over commit in making a bunch of zerglings early on instead of building drones, you can get the edge in the economy game and get a head start on your opponent. Then its just a matter of scouting, gathering intel on their tech, and exchanging blows until someone makes a mistake or over extends in the wrong direction.

You should watch some of the pro games on team liquid's live stream, especially the show matches where they're playing for money.

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php
I recommend watching LZ's channel if its ever up.

Sat May 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Sat May 29, 2010 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]