Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Universe At War: Earth Assault 

I'm bringing this up because is currently on sale on steam for 4.99$

I thought about purchasing this game when it was released about a year ago (about the same time as sins of the solar empire) but decided against it. Now however, the sale price has dropped it to 5$ it might be worth taking a look. Let me know if any of you guys get it.

Sat May 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Site Admin

Meh, never really been able to get into RTS'ers. Every time I try playing a new one, three seconds into it I realize, "Hey, this is just Dune2 with prettier pictures." - so far the closest thing I've seen to a real evolution in the genre is Homeworld - and even then, only because it had the 3D gimmick, which sadly, didn't make all that much difference in the end.

RTS really needs to be combined with some other genre to be worth while. Mass production competition just doesn't stand on its own, for me at least.

If yer into RTS though, can't beat $5 for the latest batch of artwork.

Then again, you can play Empires for free... Keep meaning to try that.

Sat May 09, 2009 11:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Meh, never really been able to get into RTS'ers. Every time I try playing a new one, three seconds into it I realize, "Hey, this is just Dune2 with prettier pictures." - so far the closest thing I've seen to a real evolution in the genre is Homeworld - and even then, only because it had the 3D gimmick, which sadly, didn't make all that much difference in the end.

RTS really needs to be combined with some other genre to be worth while. Mass production competition just doesn't stand on its own, for me at least.

If yer into RTS though, can't beat $5 for the latest batch of artwork.

Then again, you can play Empires for free... Keep meaning to try that.

It's pretty slick Thoth, if you're interested you should try it. It's a lot like NS though, in that when you get in you have no idea what the fuck is going on.

One of the big problems with zooming out the scope on multiplayer games and adding more people is that the extent of your accomplishments goes down proportionally to the number of people playing it. I felt that way playing empires. I would lay down some mines, and a tank might blow up, but in the grand scheme of things it was only worth a "HEY WHAT THE FUCK WHY DIDN'T YOU PUT THOSE MINES OVER HERE YOU DOUCHE".

Sun May 10, 2009 4:18 pm

It doesn't work.

I'm too lazy to troubleshoot it any longer than the 2 hours I've spent on it already.

I didn't even get to play it.

Sun May 17, 2009 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]