Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Killzone 2 

So, I never get excited about console shooters, namely because I hate them. I am excited about killzone 2. If you have a ps3 download the demo, because its amazing. I've never seen a game this pretty, it looks incredible.

Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:37 pm

I'll have to give it a look, but I'm generally predisposed to hate shooters also.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:55 pm
Profile ICQ

I want to play it, I wish I had a PS 3 and none of my friends here have one...

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:29 pm

I've seen PS3's selling as low as 199.99$ so now's a good time to buy one.

I purchased killzone 2, the single plays like a very immersive, very pretty console shooter. The multiplayer, plays like it wants to be a pc shooter, but it keeps some elements of the console shooter, probably just enough elements to make pc gamers not really appreciate the multiplayer. Most console gamers though are flipping over the multiplayer, and rightly so, its quite good.

All and all its a pretty decent game, amazing graphically, and if you can get used to console controllers over keyboard and mouse, its pretty rewarding.

Multiplayer:
They made the multiplayer class based with 6 classes, all which need to be unlocked through point grinding, kind of like a mix of COD4 and TF2. Once you've unlocked the classes, you can unlock their secondary abilities, which are usually quite good. One of the neater ideas... once you've unlocked all the classes, you can unlock the ability to combine classes together, similar to working towards the acheivment packs in TF2. I'm not sure exactly how that works yet, but I'm thinking it will play out that you can combine the primary abilities of one class, with the secondary abilities (or possibly weapon) of another class.

So for instance, the tactician primary ability is to throw down spawn portal grenades, and the assault class secondary is a speed boost. So potentially, you could combine those 2 classes, and get a class that can deploy spawn grenades with a speed boost, so say duirng a capture and hold mission, you could speed boost to the capture point and throw down a spawn portal to give your team instant access to that area. I think its a pretty cool idea.

Also, there's a squad system, which allows you to invite specific people in game to squads of 4 people. Squad members can deploy directly to the squad leader and use him as a spawn point. Also, all members of the squad have a dedicated voice channel. It's pretty cool for playing with a group of friends.

Classes:

Default Soldier:
Can use all weapons, no special abilities.

Medic:
Weapon: assault rifle,
Primary: revive downed team mates
Secondary: deployable medkits

Engineer:
weapon: shotgun
Primary: Build automated sentry gun
Secondary: Build ammo despenser/ repair

Assault:
weapon: light machine gun
Primary: Heavy armor, twice the armor of regular infantry
Secondary: Speed boost.

Scout:
weapon: sniper rifle
primary: personal cloaking device
secondary: broadcasts all enemy locations on your team's radar

Tactician:
weapon: unsure
primary: can deploy spawn portals
secondary: remote control flying robot thing

saboteur:
weapon: unsure
primary: disguises self as random member of enemy team (spy from tfc)
secondary: proximity mines

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:00 am

Hmmmm might just get a PS 3... ughhhh maybe I should wait a little longer in hopes the price goes down...

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Hmmmm might just get a PS 3... ughhhh maybe I should wait a little longer in hopes the price goes down...

Well, if you can find one fo 200$ online, might as well jump on it, the price cuts won't bring it down any lower than that.

*edit*
the site i orginally quoted is a scamsite. don't use it.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]