Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures 
Site Admin

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... e-of-Conan :lol:

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I saw this, I think he didn't give it a fair review based on the fact that he played one of the 3 out of 12 magic classes in the game. The main selling point of the game has always been it's melee combat, and for some reason he decided to completely ignore that point.

However, the rest of the review is pretty spot on. I'm not sure it tried to be WoW, I think instead it tried too hard be the opposite of WoW with emphasis on pvp over PVE. However they did everything shitty, and the asshole player base certainly was the final turd in the septic tank.

I think the difference between WoW and AoC as far as asshole player base goes, is that wow at least had 2 factions, so theoretically you at least had to get along with 50% of the people you played with. Thus there was some general medium for which you could talk to people, develop guild relationships, etc.

If you played WoW on a pvp server, you must have noticed that every time you were in a contested zone there would be some fuck from the opposite faction 30 levels higher than who would always gank/grief and piss on your corpse for hours. This gave players the impression, man the opposite faction is a bunch of assholes. In reality however, your faction was just as big a group of assholes you just didn't realize it because they couldn't kill you. In AoC, they've illustrated just how fucked the internet gaming community is by taking away factions. So now that 50% of the player base you could associate with is gone and everyone runs around griefing everyone. It's fucking ridiculous.

If you play on a PVE server there's fuck to do because the game is only half finished at best. You also realize just how shitty the PVE is in AoC.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:56 pm

This gave players the impression, man the opposite faction is a bunch of assholes. In reality however, your faction was just as big a group of assholes you just didn't realize it because they couldn't kill you. In AoC, they've illustrated just how fucked the internet gaming community is by taking away factions. So now that 50% of the player base you could associate with is gone and everyone runs around griefing everyone. It's fucking ridiculous.

winrar is doc

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:53 am

winrar is doc

look at that, proof of concept.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3