Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Microsoft Flight Simulator X 

Hi!

I love flight sims, and I've had MS Flight Simulator 2004 for a while, and I love it, but yesterday I purchased Flight Simulator X and it's the best flight sim I've flown around in in a long time! Can you say eye candy??!? There's so many new features in this new version. You really get the sense that you are flying around.

I give it a 9 only because I don't like its multiplay.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:56 am

fucking spam bots

Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:12 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

A combat helicopter sim to end all combat helicopter sims.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Waiting for Black Shark.

A combat helicopter sim to end all combat helicopter sims.

Black Shark? Isn't that from the same people who made Lock On!? When is it due to come out? The last great helicopter, combat sims to come out was Jane's Apache Helicopter. Microprose totally blew it with Gunship, and Novalogic totally goofed with Comanche 4.0

Last week I also purchased Falcon 4.0, Allied Forces. Have you played that one? Its fun and very detailed. My Brother got me hooked on simulation games as well as first person shooters. Have you played Silent Hunter 3 and 4?

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:02 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Yep, Black Shark is being made by the same folks that did LOMAC. They are going into crazy detail w/ that bird, and apparently as it stands, the manual is supposed to be some 450 pages long.

Last bit of simming I did was the Flaming Cliffs add-on for LOMAC, buzzing around in the Su-25T. I always liked the Frog. SH 4 is one of those games I keep meaning to get around to buying and playing, but just hasn't happened yet. Might scoop a copy out of the bargain bin one of these days.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:53 pm

Yep, Black Shark is being made by the same folks that did LOMAC. They are going into crazy detail w/ that bird, and apparently as it stands, the manual is supposed to be some 450 pages long.

Last bit of simming I did was the Flaming Cliffs add-on for LOMAC, buzzing around in the Su-25T. I always liked the Frog. SH 4 is one of those games I keep meaning to get around to buying and playing, but just hasn't happened yet. Might scoop a copy out of the bargain bin one of these days.

Well, I certainly hope my new computer will be able to run this Black Shark simulatior. If you hear about it coming out before I do send me an email!!

After I left that post to you yesterday I played LOMAC, FLaming Cliffs. I played the campaign, and one of my missions was to protect a flight of A-10s doing a CAS mission. My group of 3 F-16s did fine for awhile until that group of Mig-29s showed up. All of my wingmen got killed, and I shot down 3 MIGS, and was damaged, and then they chased my ass back to base where the bases AA defenses dealt with them. I ended up crash landing on the runway, but I survived. Pretty fun game.

I still like the F-16 as my airplane of choice because its small, cute, and deadly.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:25 am
Jigglyroom Admin

I personally am a sucker for the MiG-29 in A2A. Must be my inner Communist, but I always liked Soviet/Russian aircraft over Western aircraft. Whatever their faults, the Russians always had a bit of a brilliant streak when it came to their aircraft. First aircraft w/ IRST (Infrared Search & Track), first aircraft w/ thrust-vectored missiles (R-73), first aircraft w/ helmet-mounted sight... Seriously, the ability to fly up right behind an enemy aircraft, lock them w/ IRST and fire a heater up their tailpipe w/ no warning whatsoever... Pure gold.

Anyway, odds are that if Black Shark comes out sometime in the next half a year, you will probably hear about it before I do, seeing as I'm off to sunny Afghanistan this next week for 6 - 7 months. Be sure to email ME if it does come out while I'm gone, and hopefully I'll still have enough appendages to make a go of it when I get back.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:29 am
Site Admin

I thought Canada pulled out of Afghanistan... WTF? :(

Good luck... Don't smoke any funny-colored flowers. (Good thing we got in there sot hey could grow those again!) ;)

Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

Geez, Thoth, you're killing me! No, Canada is still down in Kandahar province. Our "obligation" officially ends in Feb '09, but the Conservatives are currently trying to extend it against the wishes of the NDP and the Bloq, who want out now, and the Liberals, who want to rotate out of the south into a non-combat function.

The only thing that's been of note lately was a report released by an independant panel headed by John Manley, which recommended a min of 1000 troops from NATO be shifted to the south, where the vast majority of fighting is taking place, and to shift transport helicopters and UAVs south where they will have a much greater effect. This was backed up by the threat of Canada completely pulling out in '09, but TBH, the demands are extremely reasonable. You guys are sending something in the neighborhood of 3,200 Marines down to RC South in April and the French of all people have apparently committed some 700-odd troops to the Panjway district of Kandahar province, one of the big Taliban hotspots. The Poles are apparently also committing transport helicopters, so I honestly don't see Canada pulling out in the near future.

And yeah, first poppy harvest is taking place not that long after we get there. Will also attempt to stay upwind of any marijuana fields that get torched over there as well. :roll:

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:15 pm
Site Admin

Meh, some rep. over here was admonishing Canada for reducing it's commitment to Afghanistan, so I thought it was a sign they were going to pull out. No such luck eh? Oh well… Try to come back alive. We’re running out of Jigglyroom admins.

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I personally am a sucker for the MiG-29 in A2A. Must be my inner Communist, but I always liked Soviet/Russian aircraft over Western aircraft. Whatever their faults, the Russians always had a bit of a brilliant streak when it came to their aircraft. First aircraft w/ IRST (Infrared Search & Track), first aircraft w/ thrust-vectored missiles (R-73), first aircraft w/ helmet-mounted sight... Seriously, the ability to fly up right behind an enemy aircraft, lock them w/ IRST and fire a heater up their tailpipe w/ no warning whatsoever... Pure gold.

Anyway, odds are that if Black Shark comes out sometime in the next half a year, you will probably hear about it before I do, seeing as I'm off to sunny Afghanistan this next week for 6 - 7 months. Be sure to email ME if it does come out while I'm gone, and hopefully I'll still have enough appendages to make a go of it when I get back.

The MIG-29? Yes, its a nice and deadly fighter, but I will still go with the F-16. I guess when it gets down to it, it is all about the pilot. That's what my brother always says. "Whoever knows himself, and his fighter best wins the fight" He said this crap all the time. I miss him. He's in Iraq flying one of those Kiowa, scout choppers around. I hope he comes home soon because I miss him.

Any way you are in the service? I didn't know this. I respect everyone in the service because I come from a family where everyone serves. When I become of age I will serve. This is a given.

If Black Shark comes out and if I hear about it I will email you.

-Dark WilloW

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:01 pm

F-15 strike eagle is waaay sicker

fucking spam bots

Are you talking about the Microprose version of F15 Strike Eagle from like a thousand years ago?

Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]