Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Sins of a solar empire 

Ok, so I finally got to play this game in a 3v3 multiplayer game. I have to say, it was pretty amazing. I think this game could possibly be one of the best RTS I have ever played.

Props to yogurt for convincing me to buy it.

Anytime. Perhaps you'd like to buy a second copy?

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:42 pm

TheDoc wrote:
Ok, so I finally got to play this game in a 3v3 multiplayer game. I have to say, it was pretty amazing. I think this game could possibly be one of the best RTS I have ever played.

Why, are you selling yours?

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Hooray_Yogurt wrote:
TheDoc wrote:

No. I was just illustrating the sincerity in my "Anytime" remark.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:49 pm

TheDoc wrote:
Hooray_Yogurt wrote:
TheDoc wrote:

No. I was just illustrating the sincerity in my "Anytime" remark.

We need to get a game going sometime so you can see just how terrible I am with the Vasari.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:53 pm

Ya the lack of any real story is a downer. If we get a few more jiggly regulars to buy it we'll have to start up a multiplayer match :D

I'm down. I was actually looking at an advertisement in GFW today thinking that I should buy that, and then read a letter someone had written about it not having single player, and immediately discounted the idea of actually purchasing it.

I would buy it though, if I could play with you guys. I'd be willing to throw my $.02 and some time into playing, but only if you guys would too. Maybe we can even convince Thoth to play.

--Locane

Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:54 pm

I'd be up for that. Thoth, buy the game :D

Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:13 pm

Yogurt and myself already have the game; its a good game, and i have heard whispers on the forums about an upcoming campaign for it. I wouldn't hold my breath though, perhaps in an expansion pack. Single player aside, the game is really well done and each of the 3 races play noticably different. I think some jiggs games would be alot of fun. I have a vent server we can use if we ever do get a game going.

Yogurt have you played much with the advent yet? I can't seem to get in to them. I've looked for a few strategies online, but it seems like most of the ones suggested only work against incompetent players who don't know how to counter culture. Have you had any luck with them?

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:07 am

Yeah, my roomate has it. I played it, good game. It will, like the other semi-famous Stardock 4X game Galactic Civlizations, require an expansion pack to fully realize it's potential. All of the blocks are in place, as it were.

If it expands anything like GalCivII did with it's expansion (which made a good base game about 16x better) then Sins will be THE 4X game to buy/play.

But I won't purchase a copy now, because games are long and you require other people dedicate the time as well as you to play it to fully enjoy. SP sandbox is only so much fun with no driving force.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:06 pm
Profile ICQ

Yogurt have you played much with the advent yet? I can't seem to get in to them. I've looked for a few strategies online, but it seems like most of the ones suggested only work against incompetent players who don't know how to counter culture. Have you had any luck with them?

I have indeed. They're nice, but I'm not really sure how to explain how to use them :p

I'll be playing a game with a friend in a few hours if you care to join shoot me a message on AIM/MSN.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3