Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Grandfaja has Iphoto issues after updating 

Hi TAK Would you be kind enough to call me at 1-555-555-0578 at your convenience. I am having much trouble with the IPhoto on my Apple. It tells me I have 700 "events" and 7000 photos in storage. Untill last week, I could call up any section and see the photos in it. Now all that I can get is the last section with 39 photos and row upon row of graphic items like Christmas card figures, fancy numerals , stars and circles. None of which I never entered !!! I await your call because I know you will know the answer.
chas

so the grandfather is apparently suffering from an autoupdate of iphoto that has borked things enough by changing them, from what I can understand the pictures are still there it's just has a different client side display settings now. I was going to suggest generic things like look at the display settings, or hunt around blah blah blah it would be nice to give him a more precise thing to look at. He is 89

anyone a mac fanboy who knows the answer?

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:58 pm
Site Admin

Although, even on a PC, my experience is anything that sorts your photos for you is more trouble than it's worth. Easier to just make folders, name the files, stick em in there.

Thothie

Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Force him to take his anti alzheimer pills. And relax mang, take your time, you'll not have to do anything about it. What is his nick? That Lonely Grandpa? He is just being an attention whore.

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:17 am

Charles fell and broke his hip a week and a half ish ago, they did heart surgery then hip surgery, then they moved him to the physical rehab center for the hip and after his first session he had heart failure. He never woke up and died several days later.

I would always try and help him until his computer problems had successful resolution, and I have positive memories of being around him. In the last year or so I had unspoken fear that something would happen to him so I would try and go the extra mile.
the thing that really tears me up is his wife of 65 years wakes up at night and reaches over for him just to realize he isn't there, and my uncle peter (who is 54 and autistic) has been running around the house asking for papa.

He was 91

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 pm
Site Admin

*sigh* Sucks when your relatives start to drop off... I'm amazed I have the one granfolk left. Several of his children have died. My own folks seem to be falling apart on a daily basis. Last time I got together with them and saw a flick, they both fell asleep, and one needed help walking out of the theatre. Age... It sucks.

My aforementioned grandfather's wife died nearly a decade ago now, and he still exhibits much the same behavior you describe in your grandmother - 50+ years of marriage will do that to you I guess. He had a dozen little shrines to her setup around the house before the last of the strokes and shingles finally forced us to move him to the old folks home. Before then, I spent a lot of time watching over him. It's hell to see the one relative I've always looked up to so much so broken, and slowly rotting away. He broke his hip not too long ago as well, but sadly, I think the powers that be intend to torture him for quite a bit longer before finally giving him his much deserved rest. He's 96.

It's bad when they drop all the sudden on you, like you seem to have happened there, but it's much worse to watch them die slowly, both for them and for everyone that loves them.

Still, I blame the Macintosh. If he had to use the motor-coordination to learn to right click, he may not have broken that hip. :P

Seriously though, good luck with it. I know it ain't easy, and it isn't going to get much easier.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:33 am
Profile YIM WWW

Happy to hear that TAK, the end of a cruel pain for him. I hope get enough money for not griefing too much to my fam at the end and psychostrong for avoid falling over my knees begging mercy; I want to be the same summabitch, consistently wearing my boots. Life takes around 650,000 hours, so who's next. GG.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:54 pm
Site Admin

Happy to hear that TAK, the end of a cruel pain for him. I hope get enough money for not griefing too much to my fam at the end and psychostrong for avoid falling over my knees begging mercy; I want to be the same summabitch, consistently wearing my boots. Life takes around 650,000 hours, so who's next. GG.

Thanks. For a minute there I was worried I might have sounded a bit cold. Apparently my worries were unfounded. ;)

Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:36 am
Profile YIM WWW

Oh sorry dear mastah, I barely can say what I want in my poor engrish, but you gays got the gist I guess. I don't understand much about "tact", other than in "tactic"; the fact is, my spine is broken due a tactical airborne practice years ago, I can walk and almost everything but still, I have no words to tell you how much it hurts; then, when you said your old friend is gone, I say lucky bastard, at least his children are twenty year druggadicts like TAK so they can take care of their own shit by themselves.

My daughter is five right now soooo.... I can't imagine this broken body in say, ten years. Wheels? Oh fuck that I have dignity. I'm strong for now, thanks to the pills. The problem is the fact they are expensive and is hard to get money over here in a regular basis. Are you going to pray for yourself at the end? I think is fucking pathetic, I'm gotta blow the shit out of my head with my gun ad maiorem dei gloriam... But agayn, go figure the scene: "where is my dad mommy?" Think about what do you have; perhaps you can realize you have something you didn't noticed before, lucky bastards. /endofrant

Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:45 pm

Man that sucks cake. I'm sorry. I often wonder how my knees are going to be in 10 years if I'm having trouble with them now.

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:25 pm
Site Admin

Man, we are all just a depressing lot, aren't we? ;)
and if He cannot turn their hearts
may He turn their ankles
that we may know them by their limping." - Irish Prayer

Thothie

Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]