Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Having a problem viewing some websites. 

When I loaded Bioshock I had to update my video drivers to try and make it run smoother. I also went and updated my Motherboard drivers and BIOS. After doing that, some websites now I can barely or not at all read the text. This only happens on "some" websites, like ATI's website. Any suggestions how to fix it? Like in the forums here, everything works fine. Most websites work fine actually, it's only some and usually it's the ones that I'm actually interested in, go figure..

Here's a screen shot of how I actually see that ATI page. Here.

My resolution is set for 1024x768

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:58 am
Dear Leader

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:14 am
Profile WWW

Actually I found a fix for it. If you go to the top of Internet Exp/View/text tab you can change text size. The forums stayed the same size, but that ATI page is now readable. Some of my other stuff like Internet Exp or my home page is a little bigger now but it works. I have no clue how that setting got changed in the first place or even if that was the problem.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:47 am

The suggestion of his pinkness still valid. Get firefox for the love of dog.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:32 am
Site Admin

Yes, because god knows you can't resize fonts in Firefox by accident. ;)

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:45 am
Profile YIM WWW

You guys really like FireFox? I'm not familiar with it at all, so I'm kinda nervous about changing.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:23 am
Site Admin

Don't get me started on my h8 for firefox... <_<

Granted, it's mostly due to reasons tied to previous profession...

You also don't have to "switch" - you can just have it as an alternate. I've got five different browsers installed on this puppy for those occasions where the aforementioned comes back to haunt me. It's just a stripped version of IE with a different interpreter in the end.

PS. Ctrl+MouseWheel changes font sizes in BOTH IE and Firefox - so be careful of that :) (although IE7 has that 100% magnify button in the bottom right corner, should that happen again.)

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 am
Profile YIM WWW

I'll give Firefox a shot when I get the rest of my issues fixed.

I was just in the middle of a long drawn out post about whats going on with my machine at the moment when Norton poped up and told me it found another problem.

I got a virus/spyware/bs today. And it's being a real pain in the ass at the moment.

I'm not going to drag this out again cuz I dunno if Norton is gonna pop up again and me lose my post again so here it goes.

I'm having a problem with Windows Update. I downloaded like 90 updates, but I cant install them. I tried a fix that I googled, and it didnt work. The fix was to go into C/Windows/somefolder and delete all it's contents, turn off auto update, and shut down my computer. Did that. Then restart and turn on auto update again then go to the Windows Update site and update again. I can download all the updates, but it wont install. Any suggestions that will help? Other than wipe my hard drive and start all over, or get rid of windows?

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:21 pm

Sounds like a registry problem, if you are using XP try this:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2048

If you are using Vista, well... format that crap and install XP because Vista sux if you are a gamer. XD... I'm not sure if there is a WinUe english version... but here is one you must try:

http://www.gigabriones.net/windows-ue-7 ... d-edition/

I'm using it in spanish, and believe me, it rocks!

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, my comp is screwed. gonna have to wipe it and start all over. I'll be around when I get it fixed. Later guys.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:25 pm
Site Admin

I got a virus/spyware/bs today. And it's being a real pain in the ass at the moment.

Yeah, because if *Norton* detects a Virus - you know you have to have more than one. Time to format c:

I've a folder of 47 viruses I use to make sure my virus scanners are working. Wasn't too long ago I ran tests on various virus scanners to see which was most effective.

This is how many viruses of that set each virus scanner found (between them they find them all):

Norton: 6
Mcafee: 6
Avast: 22
Trend Micro: 27
AVG Free: 39
BitDefender: 42

So, in conclusion, Norton sucks. Besides, I met the guy's dominatrix, and she says terrible things about him. ;)

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:36 am
Profile YIM WWW

Norton and mcafee have always sucked. Cant believe anyone would use them. I have avg free and run the trend micro online virus scan, they seem to do a pretty good job. Firefox ftw.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:10 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Between them, they catch them all. Wouldn't it be nice if they, I don't know, shared virus databases and let their products stand on features and ease of use or something? *sigh*

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Site Admin

Corporations cooperating on a project for the greater good? That'd be akin to Communism! What are ye, a damned commie!? GITMO Commie! :P

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dear Leader

In hindsight, my post was pretty crappy trolling. Whoops, sorry about that. In my job, I have to deal with lots of Java issues and IE handles most java/jvm requests POORLY. It sorta got me to cringe anytime IE had to be used - it's almost like a knee-jerk reaction now.

Anyways, try holding down ctrl and scroll your mouse wheel.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next