Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Windows Script System is Toast 
Jigglyroom Admin

The "#" has to be on both ends, or as Fixxor can likely tell you, it'll fubar a lot of scripts (any that pull elements by name) and some style sheets.

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have much experience scripting on web pages... But I do know how to read reference material, and when the w3 guys themselves do it that way, it sure seems like it should be right.

Here, I fixed it so that you can use the hash:
Code:
<td width=33% align=center valign=center><a href="##custom"><b>Custom Maps for MS:C</b></a></td>
<td width=33% align=center valign=center><a href="##server"><b>AMX for MS:C</b></a></td></tr>
<td align=center colspan=3 valign=center><a href="##fuznet"><b>[FN] Fuznet Info</b></a></td></tr>

(The problem, being, the name of the anchor it's looking for is everything past the first hash -- not including it.)

Last edited by effDefender on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:01 am
Site Admin

The # tells scripts not to include in the list of objects when trying to reference an object by name. Without it, it kills any attempt to reference any object by name, as it 'breaks' the indexed list of objects as it's already handled (taken) by the anchor tag. This breaks both scripts and various types of style sheets, regardless of browser used. FF is the only browser I've encountered that doesn't realize this.

Tis besides the point, as it's just one minor flaw that chains onto dozens of others. Most of the problems are inconsistency in display though, rather than failure to recognize code HTML proper, until you get into scripts, then everything fubars, but of course, a script that doesn’t work, can’t mess with your system – that seems to be the philosophy people admire – but I still think it’s a matter of laziness, rather than an effort of security, or you’d have the option to turn the abilities on, and they’d just be off by default, as is the case with say Opera, or Konqure.
Screen. Mind. Both are blank." - Haiku For Windows #16

Thothie

Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:08 am
Profile YIM WWW

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/ ... 062,00.htm

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4