Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
L4D Tank Speed Comparison 

Not really funny per say, but nicely done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0RWVqboVjI&fmt=22

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:47 pm

indeed, it's the skillful camera that really sells it

and the musical score

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:01 pm
Site Admin

Meh, I can get my youtube videos to go into HD mode, but I can never get results that clear, even when my own uploaded videos are much higher quality than that, before youtube rapes them. :/
"This is my cocoon dream: The nightmare that has been tormenting my existence in this world. I was walking along this path. I remember cold winds stinging my cheeks that were wet from tears. I heard a sound from far away. But I was too tired to think. I remember wanting to become a stone. A stone that doesn't feel pain. Or sorrow." - Reiki (whose name means 'pebble'), Haibane Renmei
Thothie

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Tanks run faster when they're on fire.

They run slower when you shoot them.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:54 pm
Profile ICQ

only in campaign do they run faster on fire, they run a tick slower on fire in versus

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 am

this is because in campaign damage makes tanks run faster, in vs, damage makes them run slower. Since the fire produces a constant tick of damage every second, in vs you see the tank slow down, in campaign you see him speed up.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:44 am

Meh, I can get my youtube videos to go into HD mode, but I can never get results that clear, even when my own uploaded videos are much higher quality than that, before youtube rapes them. :/

Youtube High Quality Hack Settings Howto

Select what you want to encode into an flv in total video converter with these settings.
Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
audio bit rate: 320.000 kbit/s
Audio codec: mp3
Custom video bit rate: any
Resolution: any
Codec: Divx?

"While it was certainly strange (and problematic) that YouTube did not allow for FLV upload in the past, it seems even stranger that when it did implement this feature it remains un-declared on the site."

http://webtvs.wordpress.com/2007/10/21/ ... m-youtube/

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:20 am
Site Admin

Meh, none of that worked. I even uploaded an FLV that the article claims "won't be recompressed" - LIKE HELL IT WONT. >< I start with a crystal clear 1280x720, 60FPS, with a bitrate of 30,000, 320kps 44.1k MP3 , and it compresses it into something I can barely recognize. It gives me the "HQ" option (which really doesn't look any better) - but not the "HD" option like this guy's here.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Less falsehoods in this article: http://www.squidoo.com/youtubehd

The biggest falsehood in the other article is that "FLV videos are not recompressed" - so I wasted a lot of time encoding and sending FLV's... The only format I can find that ALWAYS gives HD is the H.264 codec. (Which means, yes, even that fine article has some falsehoods - XVID and DIVX seem 50/50 - and they never upload as good quality HD the H.264 codec - I figure that must be what that guy went and did).

It also takes some time for an uploaded video to "upgrade" to HD after being processed. They seem to show up in low quality only for a half-hour or so.

Thothie

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:59 am
Profile YIM WWW

Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:36 am
Site Admin

I mean, eh... Zombies are COOL! Yeah... >_>

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]