Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Zombie Panic! 

JP has a server up for Zombie Panic. ip: 72.35.235.130:27024

D/l the mod Here.

I'm gonna give it a shot. Let us know whatcha think.

Oh yeah, they have Zombie Panic mods for HL1 and HL2.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:12 pm

Sounds good, I remember reviewing that mod for halflife.org back while it was on the halflife engine. I remember it being pretty fun, but it was kinda like a perpetual alamo.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:17 pm

Ok, so I'm having issues trying to get ZP working. I downloaded the HL2 1.01b (patched) version, and restarted Steam so it now shows in my games list. So when I tried to launch it I got like a 1/2sec flash of a main screen and then my screen went black. Every time I've tried to start it since, all I get is a black screen. Is this game only like a 1/2 second long? Did I already finish it?

If thats the case, I'm not sure if I like ZP. It's too short. Whats with game developers these days? I'm not even sure if I was the zombie or a human. It was fun while it lasted? I guess if the screen is all black I must be in Pergatory cause my mouse cursor still shows.

Last edited by bullgod on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:02 am
Dear Leader

Ok, so I'm having issues trying to get ZP working. I downloaded the HL2 1.01b (patched) version, and restarted Steam so it now shows in my games list. So when I tried to launch it I got like a 1/2sec flash of a main screen and then my screen went black. Every time I've tried to start it since, all I get is a black screen. Is this game only like a 1/2 second long? Did I already finish it?

If thats the case, I'm not sure if I like ZP. It's too short. Whats with game developers these days? I'm not even sure if I was the zombie or a human.

I had a similar problem and it was related to Windows XP's firewall trying to block it out and asking for confirmation. Of course you can't see the dialog box because of the overlay on top of it.

Played last night and it was quite fun and surprisingly scary :)

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:04 am
Profile WWW

Alright, I checked my firewall and it's exceptions, All of my hl/steam stuff is allowed. The only problem is that I dont see ZP anywhere in any of my Steam folders by browsing thru windows firewall C/Program files/Steam/SteamApps/My Acct/? Any suggestions? I was trying to make sure it was allowed, but cant find it. I checked my HL2 folder, nothing there except HL2. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:15 am
Dear Leader

The installer dropped it into the wrong directory for me. Had to manually move it out to: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\ZPS

...but then again, I think I have some weird install of steam so it may or may not be valid

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:25 am
Profile WWW

Thats weird, mine is already there in the sourcemod folder, and Steam and all my HL stuff is allowed in my firewall. I'm trying to manually add it to XP firewall and cant seem to do it. I'm trying to add the Source Mod folder, but it's looking for the .exe file and I cant find the .exe anywhere in my ZP folder lol.

This is too wierd. I did a advanced search thru windows for the .exe file in the ZP folder and it couldnt find it. I right clicked on my desktop icon for zp, went to properties and it says c/prog files/steam/steamapps/my acct/source mod/zp. So I searched that folder for the .exe witch i couldnt find thru the search thing. I cant manually add a folder to my firewall, it has to be a file. So, I figured it should work because all of my steam stuff is allowed. There is nothing on my firewall to allow like TF2, just HL2, so I figured TF2 must be allowed thru Steam, same for FF and it's in my source mod folder and not listed on my firewall as well.

I tried to restart ZP, the screen still goes black, and I have to do ctrl/alt/del to get out, when I do it says zp is not responding, and just as it's closing ZP, on the bottom of my screen it shows it running, then task manager closes it.

Do ya think I should uninstall it and reload it?

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:50 am

So it works. For some reason it just takes an excessively long time to load.

So Doc, yours may be working as well, it's just a freakishly long start up.

Go figure.

Thanks for your help JP.

I'm gonna go check it out after dinner tonite, if anyone would care to join, I'm going to JP's server probably around 9pm est.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:28 am

Hmm mine is still not working on my laptop, Im yet to try it on my desktop. My laptop gives me some error that its unable to something with verticle sync. I restarted my computer, reinstalled, etc. but it came up with the same error repeatedly so i just deleted it. I'll try it on my desktop asap. I really enjoyed the original, I hope this one plays just as well.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Trying to get some people together to play tonite on JP's server at 9-9:30ish E.S.T. Join us if you like.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:17 pm

Alright I finally got ZP working, but I get alot of system side lag when I play. I guess I can probably try to eliminate some processes to see if it runs any smoother. I think it all boils down to its time for a new computer.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:53 pm
Dear Leader

I personally have an incredibly difficult time running it. Unless I start from a cold boot, I can almost never get it to load - it blue screens. Weird because i never have overheat issues even after playing HL2, oblivion, etc for extended periods of time.

Anyways, when I can get it to run, it's pretty rewarding :)

Surprisingly, it's been pretty busy. As I speak, there are 19 players on it and I haven't gone to any other server to try it out because it seems to (so far) consistently have people in it... a very pleasant surprise.

Also, the logs show that the TF2 server has had a total of 122 connects to it whereas the ZP! server has already had 144.

Long live ZP :)

Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:25 pm
Profile WWW

Its fun, but i still feel it gets repetitive. A nice change of pace from the mindlesness of TF2 and TFC, however not enough content to keep it as entertaining as NS. Still, I vote I like it.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:27 pm

I raped doc in a corner, i just laughed. buahhahha

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Good times tonight, I have to admit it gets addicting. The fuller the server, the more fun it is.

I wonder if they ever plan to do something about balancing, of if they intend it so the zombies win 90% of the time.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next