Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
fortress forever released 

few things i don't like...

NO MORE TELEPORTERS!?!?!? :(
no more ~ for console.. unless theres a way i just don't know about
and no more "friends" on the right hand side of the start FF screen.. boooooooo!!!

Teleporters were added in on the last update by valve for... i have no idea what for anyways...... None of the maps were designed for them in mind anyways. Just another bullshit "cool feature" to add to the mix.

Tilde ~ works, you have to goto options>keyboard>advanced button and click to enable it.

They couldnt add steam on there for some reason i heard, anyways use the steam community: Shift+Tab. I have i disabled as i hear it eats packets and fps.........

Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:43 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

I hated the teleporters. I liked original TFC... where the demos and the heavies got 4 of the MIRVs and the ceilings were higher outside on two fort... conc jumping was better back then, too.

Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:41 pm

Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:51 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

also a big change is pipe bombs are extremely powerful. I launched two pipe bombs in the same place, jumped over them, right clicked, and then proceeded to hit the roof of the map and land in the enemy water from my front bridge on well. It's insane. So far, i've been having a good time playing it. Cloaked spies are fairly easy to spot, at least compared to slow moving cloaked things in NS. Medic seems alot easier to contact with the AIDs machine. And there is some green gas that i'm not sure where it comes from that seems to poison you. Also I like the impaired vision from being tanqed or on fire.

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

And yeah, even dead still, those spies are spottable, I managed to snipe a fews that way (only thing I can snipe, as they tend to stand still). ;)

I guess no one was using it the first time I played. The spys are still a LOT more effective than the old TFC variant, all in all.

..also Spy vs Spy is funny as hell... Both cloaked... Both trying to sneak up on each other...

Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I need help. I downloaded ff. it shows up on MY GAMES in steam. I can load ff..but when i try to connect to a server....my computer either reboots or freezes. wtf can i do? cheers.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:44 pm

I need help. I downloaded ff. it shows up on MY GAMES in steam. I can load ff..but when i try to connect to a server....my computer either reboots or freezes. wtf can i do? cheers.

that happened to me, then i asked Defcon/Fixxor what i should do.. your computer isn't actually freezing (if it stops), its just that FF maps take almost 2 1/2 minutes to load if you see the start up screen stay the same for a while (on my computer at least, 1/2 the time a TFC map takes to load).. just wait 5 minutes, if nothing happens i suggest reinstalling steam?

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:51 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

maps take me 15 mins to load the first few times, then the next few it gets quicker to 2 or 3 mins.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:01 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, maps load for me in less then a minute if that. Running a 3700+, 2 gigs corsair, and a 7800gt.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:10 am

fixxor, do the tf2 maps download faster than ff maps?
did tf2 installation go easier than ff?
cheers.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:07 am

i may be a noob too, but when i try to get on server on ff, eventually my comp just goes to the windows icon desktop and acts really slow. cheers.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:09 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Wow, maps load for me in less then a minute if that. Running a 3700+, 2 gigs corsair, and a 7800gt.

maybe i need more ram... i wouldn't think video card should affect load times.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:38 am
Profile WWW

Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:57 am

fixxor, help me out and answer my question please. chhers.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:14 pm
Site Admin

fixxor, help me out and answer my question please. chhers.
Can you play any other Source mods? What gfx card do you have? What version drivers are you using? What sign were you born under?

TheHornet wrote:
maps take me 15 mins to load the first few times, then the next few it gets quicker to 2 or 3 mins.
I think TF2 pre-caches more stuff before game start. TF2 takes longer to start, while FF starts instantly, but takes longer to load maps. (That being the one place where I think TF2 took the better route – but unlike TF2, I know where the developer FF forums are, and they already took one suggestion from me, so maybe we can change that…)

Quote:
Memory would be a factor, but more so - what sort of HDD setup do you have?

I’ve got around those same stats and maps take about 15-20 seconds to load. Problem I have is I can’t change windows during that time, or the program can’t be restored. (That maybe fixed by this last Steam update, which mentioned something about that, but I’ve not been home to check.)

I have to monitor servers while I play these games, and thus run in a window, which may also be a factor to that buggary. Seems I can browse other windows fine, as long as I don't do it during map load though.

Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next