Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
TF2 

After all these years they are gonna release a BETA :lol:
And the kicker is they want you to buy hl2 again to get it. :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:37 am

After all these years they are gonna release a BETA :lol:
And the kicker is they want you to buy hl2 again to get it. :lol:

Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:38 am
Site Admin

Yeaah... Luckily I didn't buy HL2 the first time. I dunno if I'll ever get around to playing it... The single player "guided movie" thing just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I did get the Bioshock demo. Neat world concept... Opportunity to make a point likely missed. But it seems they more or less took it as far as they could before the demo was over. Meh, more mazes with zombies.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:13 am
Profile YIM WWW

I'm going to cry YES. Since your new, and probably started playing HL games what like 6 months ago or so, imma explain this kinda short for you.

There once was this game HL, came out in 98 and its the bestest game EVAR. Then the mods started coming out, and it was even BETTER. Nothing compared to it, nothing beat it, it owned, still owns to a degree but whatever anyways.. DoD, CS, Firearms and others were the top mods, oh yeah and TFC. Then valve bought CS and DoD, fucked them up and came out with there shitty program called STEAM. Then after the set release date for HL2, A YEAR LATER they release it, and its subpar compared to the godly HL once was. And thats just a short history, theres plenty of Valve bullshit to be reminisced about that leads up to many pissed off "old skoolerz".

Fact is valve just released dumbed down shitty as games that are all about graphics and not about gameplay anymore, like HL was. And to boot they ruined the best two mods, that i loved so dear. So when valve scapes up a half assed "package", FORCING you to buy other shit you dont want, so you can BETA TEST there MOST LIKELY SHITTY GAME ANYWAYS. Yeah im gonna cry, i hope gabe newell dies in a car accident. Fuckers......

/rant

Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:48 pm
Site Admin

<The above post was in reference to ke4zn's post, which I 'accidentally' deleted.>

Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

As much as I loved the original, and as much as I dislike Steam, I still enjoyed HL2. Yes, it had nice graphics. But I really enjoyed it for the gameplay. In many ways, I think they improved upon HL, adding new gameplay concepts such as controlling antlions and human squads.

But it's quite asinine that you can't seem to buy TF2 on its own. Seriously, I think they'd make more money if they let people buy packages AND buy games individually. I guess they're trying to appease public opinion by offering the Orange Box Gift for those who already own HL2 and Ep1. (But what if all my friends already have it as well?)

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:03 pm

As much as I loved the original, and as much as I dislike Steam, I still enjoyed HL2. Yes, it had nice graphics. But I really enjoyed it for the gameplay. In many ways, I think they improved upon HL, adding new gameplay concepts such as controlling antlions and human squads.

But it's quite asinine that you can't seem to buy TF2 on its own. Seriously, I think they'd make more money if they let people buy packages AND buy games individually. I guess they're trying to appease public opinion by offering the Orange Box Gift for those who already own HL2 and Ep1. (But what if all my friends already have it as well?)

then throw them away. You are getting 3 games for 45 dollars. TF2, portal, HL2 epi2. 15 bucks per game. The other 2 games are free.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:21 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

But what if I don't want the other games? What if I'd never play them? If I could buy just the game I wanted for $20, I'd do it in a heartbeat, as it's significantly cheaper than $45.

It's the same reason I don't pay for television service. Until I can buy the channels I want - even if I pay ridiculously more per channel - I won't buy a damned package where I'll never watch 80% of what I've paid for.

Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:57 pm
Site Admin

Eh, I didn't click on the icon, but from what I could tell, you can buy it on its own, after the release, and it's $39.95... I figured midas well just get the set since I dun have any of it (plus I was thinking I might need HL2 for FF.)

Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:26 am
Profile WWW

=[

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:28 am
Site Admin

I'd pay tripple. At least NS is being made by people who have actually played the game.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW

But it's quite asinine that you can't seem to buy TF2 on its own.

You can buy it on its own. Its like... 29.99$

If you want portals too, its not worth it, but if you just want TF2, you can certainly do that for cheaper.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:48 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

But if it takes me more than 3 clicks, then I call foul play. For instance, I open steam, go to the Store, click on the Orange Box, and from there click on TF2. Now, it says "Packages that include this game", yet nowhere on this screen can I find something such as "buy this game and only this game for less money".

If there's a way to buy TF2 on its own, they certainly don't make it easy to find. I still haven't found it, though I got frustrated enough to stop looking. :x

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:17 pm

Just open up steam. Got to store. In the search box type Team Fortres 2. It should come up. Price = 29.99. If you are searching for orange box you are searching for the bundle.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next