Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
TF2 

I stupidly didn't save the IP, but i have a feeling that the plugin will catch on very fast. When I find it again (losing internet for about a week due to moving) I will post the IP.

the new pyro btw is badass, I got 18 kills in 1 life on gravelpit.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:36 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Not a plugin, but I believe a server-side setting which removes the spawn timers.

One of them running it is:

64.34.212.154:27016

24/7 Dustbowl

Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 am
Site Admin

Jeeze, 24/7 maps already? That was quick.

I was told there was no server side setting for that...

...then again, the server hosts were professional sh*t talkers, had the all talk on, and indeed, I suspect may have been the first Jigglyroom All2Fort members to host a TF2 server.

I'll try that IP - I wonder if there's any chance they fixed me being [unknown] yet. (Been three weeks)

edit: edited wrong post. :|

Last edited by Saint Thoth on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:28 am
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

I wonder if there's any chance they fixed me being [unknown] yet. (Been three weeks)

Ah-hahahahaha! Three weeks is mere seconds in TF2 development time!

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:13 am
Site Admin

I've a feeling TF2 development ended before the beta-test. I've seen nothing but bug fixes in the changelogs. No new balancing or features (save a buff for the pyro). When I talked to them, they seemed to think the name problem was the Steam Community's fault, rather than TF2's, and beta-testing for that ended months ago, similarly.

edit:
Blarg,
] connect 64.34.212.154:27016
Server is full.

Meh, don't have time for a sincere test atm anyways.

Last edited by Saint Thoth on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:28 am
Profile YIM WWW

I doubt they plan on making it so you cna change your name in game without using steam community. Your steam community is also your in-game name and directly linked to your steam id (i think). I don't know what they will do for people who plan on disabling steam community. Maybe they will fix steam community so it works better with your computer thothie. They did make some bug fixes on it in the last patch

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:30 am
Jigglyroom Admin

so i've been playing tf2 a little. So it's not terrible. Certainly not as terrible as this forum has made it out to be. Yes the spawn timer sucks... it sucks balls... but i have a feeling it will fade out with server side mods, just like almost every NS server has the extra levels for combat (save for the jigglyroom). Playing on servers with fast or instant respawn makes the game much more enjoyable. I hate well. I hate 2fort. But some of the new maps aren't so bad. I dislike all the newbies. There are just too many idiots playing this game right now. Its not competitive enough for me. In my first hour, i dominated the top of my team every round on hydro for the entire map. I shouldn't be able to do that. Overall, I'm still on the fence, and probably will be for another 2 months. FF is really fun and really fast. TF2 is a different game and is fun, i'm just not sure how long i'll like it before I get tired of the same old tiny maps and nerfed medics.

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Someone get me that plugin! I will spread it far and wide! (peeps keep telling me its not a cvar :/ )

I kept trying to get onto the respawn delay free server, but it's 32 person, and ALWAYS full. :...(

I will give TF2 that THIS is something you could never see in FF. ;)

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I hate well. I hate 2fort.

How can you hate 2fort? it's the exact same layout from TFC with exactly 2 changes.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:05 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

FF or TF2? (I've not seen FF's 2fort yet).

TF2's 2fort is nothing like TFC's 2fort, strategy wise. That bridge cover that nullifies snipers, and aids scouts, and the shrunken size of the map coupled with ultra-cramped hallways makes all the difference. Then there's the fact that you have to go all the way to your own basement to cap the flag. Obviously the TF2 people did not understand that the reason the cap point is on the battlements is so you don't waste so much time winding through friendly territory - but the TF2 crew does everything they can to remove intensity from the game.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I've now played both FF and TF2. Gotta say TF2 is very much a pick up, play a few rounds, go to class game. Very console-y albeit fun. FF seems pretty much like TFC which I never really liked so the wait for NS 2 continues.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:50 am

I too wait for NS 2, I haven't even installed TF2 when I reformatted my comp. All I do is play WIC and COH.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:19 am
Jigglyroom Admin

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=instant&type=server&game=tf2

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

I think those of us that want a complex game that takes hours to truly play out are a dying breed. Hell look at the RTS games in past years. The focus has shifted from resource management AND battle management to simply battle management. More killing less planing. I blame stupid people for making children and who ever the fuck made games "cool" -_-

Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next