Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
TF2 
Jigglyroom Admin

I'd like to think I'm not stupid, but I seriously can't find where to purchase TF2 separately.

After typing "team fortress 2" in the search window, I get this screen:

After clicking on Team Fortress 2, I get this screen:

I've searched the TF2 page up and down, yet can find no link to purchase JUST TF2. It's always a damn package. I realize this is a silly, small point, but it really bothers me that I can't seem to buy TF2 on its own. Especially when they list a price of $29.95 to "prove" that the package deal saves you money.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:32 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Apparently, after finally breaking down and searching the intarweb, it seems you can't pre-purchase it outside of the Orange Box. But I see rumors of the game itself being available on 10/10/07 through Steam.

You'd think they could at least say that on their Store page if it's really true.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:43 pm

I'd like to think I'm not stupid, but I seriously can't find where to purchase TF2 separately.

I've searched the TF2 page up and down, yet can find no link to purchase JUST TF2. It's always a damn package. I realize this is a silly, small point, but it really bothers me that I can't seem to buy TF2 on its own. Especially when they list a price of $29.95 to "prove" that the package deal saves you money.

Skell, I went through the same thing man. I actually ended up not buying it simply because I couldn't get it separate. I already have HL 2 and Episodes 1 & 2. Why should I pay for them again? The only thing I'd be getting out of the deal is "Portal". Whatever the fuck that is.

--Locane

Last edited by Locane on Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:37 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Did you really have to quote the pictures again? =P

Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:44 pm

Ah, well I suppose that makes sense, since the game isn't actually out yet. Purchasing the Orange Box just gives you access to the beta.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:27 am

Did you really have to quote the pictures again? =P

I wanted to quote you accurately.

:'(

--Locane

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:25 pm

Just spent a good few hours playing, and I can't say its very good. Besides the fact that I can't change my name, its extremely annoying not being able to throw nades to do cool jumps or anything of the sort. It seems all you need is a cluster fuck of medics to win.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:50 am

Just spent a good few hours playing, and I can't say its very good. Besides the fact that I can't change my name, its extremely annoying not being able to throw nades to do cool jumps or anything of the sort. It seems all you need is a cluster fuck of medics to win.

Spy > cluster of medics
demoman = awesome grenades
change names via steam community, most hl2 mods are going that route now

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:24 am

Changes/Additions
Added option to change Field-of-view, between 75 & 90, from the Options->Multiplayer tab
Added option to disable Player sprays
Increased flamethrower damage at point black range
Demoman grenades (not stickybombs) no longer explode on contact after the first bounce
Bug fixes
Fixed flamethrower hit detection

Demoman got nerfed. Pyro got buffed. Sounds good to me.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:01 am

Zorlac wrote:

Spy > cluster of medics

I played spy for a while, pretty easy to get kills unless a pyro feels like calling you out. Demo's have a pretty hard time unless they play defense. Also because of the nature of my steam account, I cannot log unto steam community. Either that or its just bugged.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:05 pm

TheDoc wrote:
Zorlac wrote:

Spy > cluster of medics

I played spy for a while, pretty easy to get kills unless a pyro feels like calling you out. Demo's have a pretty hard time unless they play defense. Also because of the nature of my steam account, I cannot log unto steam community. Either that or its just bugged.

before they nerfed the demo it was the easiest class to rack up kills. his proximity pipes do ALOT of damage, on top of that they seem to bounce right at other players and explode on contact (now fixed so they only explode on contact pre-bounce). AND on top of that, you could lay down your remote pipes at your flag/capture point and detonate them while you had your proximity pipe launcher out, meaning you could defend and be on offense at the same time.

The spy is fun, nuff said.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:44 pm

There is a plugin which removes the spawn timer from the game. I played on a server with this plug-in and it makes the game 100x better. I never noticed just how much i loathed that spawn timer.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:34 pm
Site Admin

Server IP please. I've not played in a week or two, but that'd give me an excuse to risk it again.

Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:48 am
Profile YIM WWW

Server IP please.

lmao, poor thoth with his tfc2 dreams crushed wants it to work out soo bad. :lol:

Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:02 am
Site Admin

I funded the eater of babies for nuttin! ><

Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next