Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
TF2 

Who wants to sit and wait X amount of time to build shit, when you can go into instant battle. I think COH has a little of both the resource/planning, but meh. I hope something from the NS team comes out of the 31st of this month.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:55 pm

Who wants to sit and wait X amount of time to build shit, when you can go into instant battle. I think COH has a little of both the resource/planning, but meh. I hope something from the NS team comes out of the 31st of this month.

Me. It makes the actual battles worth playing. Without resource collection an RTS loses much of what makes it fun (to me at least) which is the long term planing.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:12 pm

Without resource collection an RTS loses much of what makes it fun (to me at least) which is the long term planing.

I agree with the premise of this, but wanted to note that games where you sit around and spend the first so many minutes just building shtuff... suck. So in that sense, I agree with ZOE. Early combat should be essential (for example, to secure expansions or to prevent harassment by the enemy), and preferably, resource/tech management would be heavier on territory control and good combat skills than on min/maxing your economic micro. There's no reason you can't include planning while slagging. :D

Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:03 am

I guess that came out wrong. I agree that early game battles make the things fun, but without the need to develop a tech tree and large resource gathering there is no real build up of arms as the game goes on. I've heard rumors that World in conflict has removed resource gathering/management altogether.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:14 pm

Its not a rumor its fact, I have the game, I find it fun for instant battle and team play. Just have to keep your units alive for as long as possible, but eventually they will die and you will have to call in another set once you get the points back from the units that have died. I like it for its team play, choice of Armor, Inf, Air, or Support, every branch is important if you want to win, no anti air from support, armor and infantry get raped, no armor or infantry, support gets raped, ect ect.

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8