Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
NS2 

Post NS2
So, anyone check out the latest update on it? Seems like its making progress. How do you think its gonna turn out? How many of you will come back for NS2 or you just can't wait forever, just like TFC2 and Jigs??

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:50 pm

With any luck it comes out good. More maps and maybe some new equipment/evolutions/chambers (keeping it balanced of course) would be nice. I would really like to see the game move outdoors as well :)

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:29 pm

Hmmmmm the problem would be JPs and lerks if it was outdoors. If outdoors would happen, there probably be vehicles and what not. Maybe the marines can get a APC and run over the anything smaller than an onos like in aliens...

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:21 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

honestly i have no interest in it unless the amp up the gameplay A LOT. I'm tired of the same 5 evolutions and the same 5 guns. I dont care if it looks prettier... i want more options with the same style of game.

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That'd be nice, but I can see, from a developer's perspective, why they'd be hesitant to do so. It'll always be mucho hate mail about, "Zomg! The new gun/alien is incredibly under/over powered!", and many peeps would have a good case. I'm sure we'll see a new thing or two in NS2, but they'll probably stick mostly to tried and tested as a result, since basically if you add anything to this game, you wind up making balance adjustments to everything across the board.

I'll settle for getting the laser option back on my damned mines. ;)

Oh, and combat die, I want to see Combat die. If combat dies, I'll buy 20 copies.

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

But Thoth, if combat dies, what will happen to co_totoro?

:P

Mon May 07, 2007 11:26 am
Site Admin

Hard drive failure killed that project already. :(

Really, what I've learned about HL1 mapping since then, I would have wanted to start over on it anyways. Layout needs re-think for FPS optimization. Hard to make a house in the middle of a field FPS friendly. But I r having my hands full lately. NS2 will likely be out before I get back to that. :cry:

Mon May 07, 2007 6:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

My point still stands: if combat is removed for NS2, what then? I assume the Jigglyroom will move on to the latest and greatest, and then no more in-game traveling catbus. :cry:

Though I do understand about having too much to do. I was that way for, well, awhile in the recent past.

Mon May 07, 2007 6:51 pm
Site Admin

My point still stands: if combat is removed for NS2, what then?

Then I'll make ns_totoro :P

Mon May 07, 2007 8:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW

O_O
DO WANT!!!

Mon May 07, 2007 8:30 pm

, and then no more in-game traveling catbus. :cry:

I think they made catbus satic in 3.2, he/she/it no longer moves... Maybe it was messing up r_speeds or some other weird maping related thing

NS2 still has at least a year and a half I bet, whatever happened to the Big Unnanounced system

Tue May 08, 2007 1:38 pm
Site Admin

Actually the rotator on Ayumi just locks up sometimes. It has a conflict name with some other entity on the map (I forget which), either that or has an issue with the ns game reset function, as it seems some other rotators do.

Co_Totoro was going to have two physical cat busses you could get in, and ride, via a large tunnels going two and from the alien hive. Again, dunno if I'll ever get back to that... I still have the skins for the brush model laying about though.

Tue May 08, 2007 9:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!

1/3 same, 1/3 improved, 1/3 new. at least thats what they say they are targeting.

Wed May 09, 2007 9:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]