Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Bots 

is there anyway to make it so it automatically kicks a bot if somebody is trying to join the game because the server is full, I'm sick of these idiots joining the server, filling it with bots, then nobody else can join, just seems like a stupid way to try and fill the server

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:13 am
Site Admin

Eh, it shouldn't be possible to jam the server with bots that way. :\

My AMX scripting is a bit rusty no doubt, but it seems to me that the whichbot plugin is doing a lot of things it shouldn't be... Maybe I can look into beating it into submission by modifying some of our scripts.

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW

well, it apparently seems to break when people spam the addbot command, after 1 of the 3 people playing with the 15 bots left I got in and spammed the remove bot command, and after all the bots were gone, alot more bots started joining even though nobody was doing the command which makes me think they spammed it a bunch till it was full of bots, I had to spam the remove command for 5 minutes before all the bots were gone, then I added 6 bots for the 3 of us and it worked fine

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:49 pm

What's the command to remove the Goobag bot?

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:23 am
Site Admin

Think someone ran it - not seen him in awhile... :(

I've got something up that may prevent bot clients from joining when it would result in there being no free slots, but tis hard to test without a full server. Dun think I'll be around this evening to test, so someone will have to report back as to the success/failure of the endeavor.

Now I just need to figure out how to update the PVK server... >_>

Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

you updated it by putting ze_marinebhop in the co co vote

Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:39 pm

oh good, the server is full of bots right now with Tak and Thoth in there and I can't join, :p

Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:37 am
Site Admin

I can't intercept the command, and I can't kick bots as they come in... Running out of idears.

editz: I'm going to add a bunch of extra names and see if that makes the AMXX have an easier time removing them. Bots can't be kicked by Steam ID or index, only by name, so part of the issue comes up whem bots have matching partial names that cause AMXX's name matcher to fubar, and the whichbot bot remover maybe having some similar issue. Figure if the bot generator has more names to choose from it'll be less likely create duplicate bots.

...as for the PVK2 server, I apparently don't have the write permissions to update it. The ZIP file is there, so His Pinkness just has to unzip it and restart the server, and it'll be good to go.

Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:39 pm
Site Admin

I was going to put a post up reviewing version 2.1, but I wanted to wait until the Jiggly PVK room updated. Team Rocket has been keeping His Pinkness so busy as of late, I'm not sure if that's ever going to happen.

PVK could really use that server right now. There are very few straight servers that don't have a map vote system up right now (ie. that thing that forces you to play the same two maps over and over).

Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]