Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Start a Fortress Forever Server 

I just started playing FF and I must say its pretty good. 1000 times better then TF2.
Is there any chance of a Jiggly FF server?

Fri May 16, 2008 3:17 am

ff sucks.
so does tf2.

waste of money on both ends..... tfc bitches :D

Fri May 16, 2008 3:25 pm
Site Admin

The TF2 server has zero population, so it may not be such a bad idea to replace the TF2 server with an FF server just to see what happens. However, if you search, I think you’ll find that there about twenty times as many FF servers as there are actual FF players already.

Back in 1.0, I thought FF was going to be the salvation for Valve's butchering Team Fortress for, to use Zero Punctuation’s words, “the console tardsâ€

Fri May 16, 2008 3:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Sadly, as a result of this inability to focus on a goal, I suspect there will be no proper TFC experience for future generations: only pale shadows sharing bits of the name and class motif.

Wait, we consider this to be a bad thing?

Fri May 16, 2008 5:15 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Back in the day, when it was still fresh, and it hadn't deadlocked into the All-2Fort monotony/sh*t talking contest, TFC was a really good game. I've a lot of good memories of rich and involved games made up of intricate team work and wicked strategy coupled lovingly with fast paced action.

I was foolish enough to hope that TF2, with a population flush and a brand new engine, would be able to bring that back, but they gutted the game so badly, it wasn’t to be. FF, sadly, followed TF2’s footsteps after 1.0, so those who were not playing TFC during its golden age, sadly, will never get to experience what elegance a proper TFC game can be.

Thothie

Fri May 16, 2008 5:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dear Leader

those who were not playing TFC during its golden age, sadly, will never get to experience what elegance a proper TFC game can be.

Thothie

Quoted for truth. TFC back in its heyday provided an experience that's never been replicated in any other game.

Sat May 17, 2008 12:15 am
Profile WWW

Mey, I can never replicate the experience of good NS, during all 3 era's 1.xx and 2.xx and 3.xx

Sat May 17, 2008 3:27 am

Sat May 17, 2008 4:08 am

MEANGUNS wrote:
I just started playing FF and I must say its pretty good. 1000 times better then TF2.
Is there any chance of a Jiggly FF server?

I don't know. I found Fortress Forever sort of boring, and I did make an effort to like it. I played it for 2 weeks and still didn't like the feel of the game. TF2 is actually fun if you don't try to compare it to anything.

Tue May 20, 2008 10:09 am

TF2 is great if you're looking for a fast paced pickup and play for a couple hours kind of game where you may plaster a (very small) bit of tactics onto it. That's why I have so many hours logged into it. There are plenty of other games I'd rather play, but it's the easiest to hop into and scratch the random senseless killing itch, 2-3 hours at a time.

Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 am
Profile ICQ

Dark Willow wrote:
TF2 is actually fun if you don't try to compare it to anything.

I made this same argument, and then realized how stupid of an argument it was. Dog shit doesn't taste too bad if you don't compare it to anything either.

TF2 isn't terrible, but it was a disappointment.

Tue May 20, 2008 1:44 pm

TheDoc wrote:
Dark Willow wrote:
TF2 is actually fun if you don't try to compare it to anything.

I made this same argument, and then realized how stupid of an argument it was. Dog shit doesn't taste too bad if you don't compare it to anything either.

TF2 isn't terrible, but it was a disappointment.

I like TF2.

Of course, I didn't play the original TF, so I don't really know the difference.

--Locane

Tue May 20, 2008 2:38 pm

Locane wrote:
I like TF2.

Of course, I didn't play the original TF, so I don't really know the difference.

--Locane

large.

Tue May 20, 2008 3:08 pm

TF2 is great if you're looking for a fast paced pickup and play for a couple hours kind of game where you may plaster a (very small) bit of tactics onto it. That's why I have so many hours logged into it. There are plenty of other games I'd rather play, but it's the easiest to hop into and scratch the random senseless killing itch, 2-3 hours at a time.

The game is much different from Team fortress Classics. I don't like the new medic, but I do like the new Engineer, and the Spy. I just love hanging out in the sewer and murdering people down there!

There are no grenades in the game, but I get satisfaction doing things like playing a Pyro, and chasing people around until I torch 'em good. The satisfaction comes by listening to the screams. Also I like the sniper in the new TF as much as I like the one in TFC, so no biggy there.

Both TF games have their own good and bad points, but has far as Fortress Forever goes...it seems to be missing a series of important elements that would make it a really good game for me to play.

-DarK WilloW

Wed May 21, 2008 2:09 am
Jigglyroom Admin

The satisfaction comes by listening to the screams.

-DarK WilloW

.... thats like saying the satisfaction of fuckin some bitch is for listening to the screams. In case you haven't reached puberty yet, that's not why kids have sex.

You should get satisfaction from the pleasure and enjoyment of the gameplay. Sure the screaming is an added plus, both in intercourse and gaming, but the extra frill doesn't make up for a terrible game.

Personally I find screaming a little tacky and overdone.

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Wed May 21, 2008 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next