Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Banned for 10800 minutes. 

Spyder wrote:
Otherwise read as: Thoth checked the server logs at the timestamp given to find out that you were in fact spamming the bots.

Pardon Denied...

If the logs prove my guilt, then show them.

Thoth really has no need to show you the logs, what counts is he went in, saw what he needed to see, thought about it and came to a conclusion. That conclusions is apparently your b&, for abusing the bots

I wouldn't think this to be permanent, pm him and grovel and I think you will do okay

Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:28 pm

I don't know what Thoth saw, and frankly, if Hi is banned that's fine with me, I'm tried of getting owned by him.

However, I do need to say the following:

If someone spams "/wb add" in chat over and over with a bound key, it will only appear to everyone the first couple of times, but it will still take effect.

Additionally, if the server is full, or the maximum number of bots has been reached, the server keeps track of how many times someone tried to add a bot, and then adds them when it's available.

For example:

I have "K" bound to "say /wb add".

If I hit K 560 times, it will only appear in chat the first time (maybe 2), but it will still register the other 558 times I tried to add a bot.

So the game adds as many bots as it is allowed to add, and queues up the rest. Let's say it added 5, because that's all it could add. It would keep the other 555 on standby.

So, when C4ke joins, and starts typing "/wb remove" it removes one, but then adds another, ticking the count down to 554. He types it again, it removes it, and adds another ticking the total to 553.

That may have been what was happening here. C4ke joined and tried to remove some from the server, only to be overwhelmed by the number in queue that someone added unknowingly. It may not have actually been "Hi" that did it.

--Locane

Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:46 pm

No Locane, we (bloody and me) were playing a co in faceoff, then -hi- came with his antics, switching teams like crazy (I saw that) and spamming bots (I guess) just for ruin or kill the server, dunno. I left upset after several atempts for remove them binding a key and ask him to stop, but no luck, so I left pissed off; then I rejoined for get the steam id, in case someone were impersonating -hi-.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:55 pm

No Locane, we (bloody and me) were playing a co in faceoff, then -hi- came with his antics, switching teams like crazy (I saw that) and spamming bots (I guess) just for ruin or kill the server, dunno. I left upset after several atempts for remove them binding a key and ask him to stop, but no luck, so I left pissed off; then I rejoined for get the steam id, in case someone were impersonating -hi-.

Ok, so the bots appeared while you were playing? You didn't join the game and try to remove the ones that were already there?

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:01 pm

Yes, in the middle of the game, while we were playing, -hi- came and the bot spamming was started. I binded a key for remove them while playing, but I fail; then Gir asked me via steamchat remove them for let him join, cuz the server was full; I tryed, but failed in that atempt so I left pissed off, and rejoined when the map was changed (and all the bots removed automatically) for get the steamids of the ppl at the timestamp. :roll:

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:14 pm

If someone spams "/wb add" in chat over and over with a bound key, it will only appear to everyone the first couple of times, but it will still take effect...

If I hit K 560 times, it will only appear in chat the first time (maybe 2), but it will still register the other 558 times I tried to add a bot.

Okay, so in order for this to work, it would have to have shown up in the console at least once?

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Locane wrote:
If someone spams "/wb add" in chat over and over with a bound key, it will only appear to everyone the first couple of times, but it will still take effect...

Okay, so in order for this to work, it would have to have shown up in the console at least once?

If you were using the say command to do it, yes.

I don't know about any console commands (IE silent, and not globally broadcast to all players) to add or remove bots, and that's what Thoth is saying he saw in the logs.

--Locane

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:50 pm

But if it was done through say or console commands, it is visible in the server log, right?

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:59 pm

But if it was done through say or console commands, it is visible in the server log, right?

I would assume that everything is logged, but I don't really know.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:17 pm

-hi- wrote:

I would assume that everything is logged, but I don't really know.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

You've been plenty helpful, I never executed any commands using 'say ' or the console (of which I just learned was possible upon its mention in this thread) in order to add bots. The absence of these commands will prove that I did not add any bots, the action of which I am currently accused of and banned for.

Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:33 pm

Spyder wrote:
Otherwise read as: Thoth checked the server logs at the timestamp given to find out that you were in fact spamming the bots.

Pardon Denied...

If the logs prove my guilt, then show them.
YES COUNSELLOR! :roll:

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:21 am

That fucking motto "Innocent etc" has nothing to do here, plus is sooooo wrong... Grrrr, I keep forgetting you are an EMO; get a brutal death.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:12 am

GET TO THE DOUBLE GAD GUYS

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:16 pm
Profile WWW

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:07 pm

Apparently someone thinks just because they use the wb console commands it never gets logged anywhere. As this is not being entirely true, the ban stands… Humbolt is also being rather abusive with the bot system.

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next