Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
No NS? 

Come thru sometime DW, us NSers would love to give you some pwning

True, but there actually has to be people on that server to do the "pwning" as you said, and no one is ever there.

-DarK WilloW

Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:46 pm

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:23 am
Jigglyroom Admin

NS' following is almost a cult, at this point. It always has been, perhaps. The game style is too difficult and too niche to ever achieve mainstream popularity, and the playerbase has dwindled significantly over the years. Most of those remaining end up on the 30 player servers, which utterly destroy the gameplay, or on CO servers, bane of NS that they be. Still, Jiggly's is the only server remaining with a reasonable player limit and lack of inane mods, so it attracts most of the people left who actually want to play NS instead of some bastardized mockery, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding a game in the evenings. 6 pm to 2 am or thereabouts seem to be the window of opportunity, in my experience.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:59 am

lies, cause I'm there all the time

Are you calling me a liar? I start up the program. I go into steam. I select NS, and I search for the Jiggly's NS server. I go into that server and there is no one there. Is it possible that I imagined that I did all of these things? I would not have said it if it were not true.

I may be a lot of things but I am not a liar, and I won't have you speaking to me in that manner rabbitboy.

Out of all the forums that I have been in you people here in the Jiggly's forum room win out in the being rude to people department.

I'm in the valley of assholes.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:07 am

I go there

that makes your statement lies

[edit]
unless I fail at logic, or don't count as a person
[/edit]

Last edited by That Annoying Kid on Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 am

NS' following is almost a cult, at this point. It always has been, perhaps. The game style is too difficult and too niche to ever achieve mainstream popularity, and the playerbase has dwindled significantly over the years. Most of those remaining end up on the 30 player servers, which utterly destroy the gameplay, or on CO servers, bane of NS that they be. Still, Jiggly's is the only server remaining with a reasonable player limit and lack of inane mods, so it attracts most of the people left who actually want to play NS instead of some bastardized mockery, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding a game in the evenings. 6 pm to 2 am or thereabouts seem to be the window of opportunity, in my experience.

I can find an NS game with no problem, but I was specifically trying to find a game with Jiggly forum players, and in that I have failed because they are never on the server, or at least when I try to get on.

-DarK WilloW

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 am

lets do this!

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:11 am

you said "no one is ever there"

I go there

that makes your statement lies

I stand correct rabbitboy

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:12 am

I'm going to stop posting, and go idle in the jigglyroom

see you there

[edit]
Hrmmn, I joined @ 02:15, and there are 10 people on the server! 3 of them at a glance are forum regs

GFG Dark Willow
[edit2]
are no or
[/edit]

Last edited by That Annoying Kid on Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:13 am

I'm going to stop posting, and go idle in the jigglyroom

see you there

[edit]
Hrmmn, I joined @ 02:15, and there are 10 people on the server! 3 of them at a glance or forum regs

GFG Dark Willow
[/edit]

I suspect that his might be a timezone issue.

Its 02:20 in the morning for me right now, and I'm on the West coast.

Let me go and take a look in that server. I should be going to bed for my sleep, but rabbitboy wants to start something...

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:22 am

lawl forums haven't done daylight savings, it's 2:33

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:31 am

lawl forums haven't done daylight savings, it's 2:33

Okay I found it. WoW! Thats pretty hard! I keep dying. Everything is happening so fast!!!!!!! This is the 1st time I've ever seen this server with a lot of people in it. Those aliens are creepy and what's with the creepy music?

I'm tired and must sleep, but I plan to return to that server. I hate dying for nothing.

-DarK WilloW

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:49 am

Okay I found it. WoW! Thats pretty hard! I keep dying. Everything is happening so fast!!!!!!! This is the 1st time I've ever seen this server with a lot of people in it. Those aliens are creepy and what's with the creepy music?

I'm tired and must sleep, but I plan to return to that server. I hate dying for nothing.

-DarK WilloW

NS is one of the hardest mods to get into because the learning curve is huge.

Keep in mind that you're going to die. A lot. Death in this game is very temporary, and only really matters when your team spent a lot of resources on you in some form or another. For example, if you're a marine, and the commander drops you a heavy armor suit, mines, a welder, and and HMG, he just spent 45 res on you. If you get eaten by an onos and die, all that goes to waste.

Making things worse is the fact that to win at NS you have to play cooperatively with your teammates, and if you lose everyone blames everyone else. The game is not newbie friendly, if you make a mistake or don't respond quickly enough to a request, you could be losing the whole game for your team.

So, I would just let everyone know that you're new, no matter what team your on. This will reduce the amount of garbage people throw at you, and may even garner you some helpful play tips.

--Locane

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:17 am

Welcome to the NS dear. I suck as well but you also can play using the brain instead an uber pro skill, I mean, you can play with strats. You look like a smart person to me so, good luck, I'm pretty sure you will learn all in no time :P

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:01 am

Dark Willow wrote:

-DarK WilloW

NS is one of the hardest mods to get into because the learning curve is huge.

Keep in mind that you're going to die. A lot. Death in this game is very temporary, and only really matters when your team spent a lot of resources on you in some form or another. For example, if you're a marine, and the commander drops you a heavy armor suit, mines, a welder, and and HMG, he just spent 45 res on you. If you get eaten by an onos and die, all that goes to waste.

Making things worse is the fact that to win at NS you have to play cooperatively with your teammates, and if you lose everyone blames everyone else. The game is not newbie friendly, if you make a mistake or don't respond quickly enough to a request, you could be losing the whole game for your team.

So, I would just let everyone know that you're new, no matter what team your on. This will reduce the amount of garbage people throw at you, and may even garner you some helpful play tips.

--Locane

Well that explains it. I went into that game looking for something to kill. I went down those hallways with that totally useless gun, and whenever one of those impossibly, fast moving aliens showed up I let 'em have it, and I swear I emptied the whole clip into those freaks and I STILL died! Meanwhile in the background theres all these guys talking, and that creepy music going on and on.

I guess I should pay attention to what those guys are saying next time. Also it takes my eyes time to get accustomed to the enviroment.

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next