Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
2FORT server down ?? 

Looks like the ALL 2FORT server is back up at

72.35.235.130:27017

Thanks Jiggly

wait..this server is not all 2FORt despite its name....

Last edited by Bishop on Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:07 pm
Site Admin

Blah, you can't remove both rock2 and epicenter. Those are some of the most creative maps on the rotation, and alot of fun to boot. I wonder what could be causing the gas leak on rock2, I never seem to recall it having that problem in the past, unless someone stood on top of the door when the other person capped.
Random Steam updates messed up the way some of the TFC goal triggers work. I think this only affects one of the gas chambers, oddly enough.

The ladder on Epicenter has always been broken as the mapper who made it was amateur (he's even got some conjoined brushes - I think Valve brought the map in when someone won a prize). My peeves about epicenter are the broken ladder that makes one side impossible to defend from conc jumpers, that the map is always reduced to either a conc race, or a fun fest of exploiting the various map flaws around the spawns. Sadly, even the FF variant has the conc-race flaw, and thus is rarely seen in rotation.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

dude thoth... youre reasons for not liking the map are equivalent to people who complain about spamming, camping, chasers, wall strafing and bunny hopping...

If it's a conc race, you can always stop them before they get close enough to conc to the APC. We all know the flag opens in 40sec. we know there are only 2 doors they come out of. we know where the most effective conc spots are. It's not to hard to make a SG or even snipe them before hitting these key spots...... Even if the latters broken, you can always jump on top of the APC and then jump from there. all expliots i know of on that map are pretty useless if you can cap the flag and reset the game.

I dont know.. I guess only a hand full of people feel this is more of a challenge then others.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:25 pm
Profile WWW

Both Rock2 and Epicenter needs to go, and how about increasing the number of bots on the server when no ones around and make the settings really hard?
The floodbot/kickbot command already gets abused when there are people already populating the server and the skill level is 1 if Im not mistaken.

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:46 pm

dude thoth... youre reasons for not liking the map are equivalent to people who complain about spamming, camping, chasers, wall strafing and bunny hopping...

If it's a conc race, you can always stop them before they get close enough to conc to the APC. We all know the flag opens in 40sec. we know there are only 2 doors they come out of. we know where the most effective conc spots are. It's not to hard to make a SG or even snipe them before hitting these key spots...... Even if the latters broken, you can always jump on top of the APC and then jump from there. all expliots i know of on that map are pretty useless if you can cap the flag and reset the game.

I dont know.. I guess only a hand full of people feel this is more of a challenge then others.
I always liked the conc racing on epicenter. Can you not just shorten the epicenter.cfg file to run for only 15 minutes or sooo.. :D

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:51 pm
Site Admin

You can always vote it in (or out), but yeah, I've never seen anyone mount a successful defense against decent conc jumpers on Epicenter. The best defense spots are broken on one side, and only for the one team, thus destroying all balance. In both TFC and FF, that means 60 seconds to play before the flag goes, then another 10 seconds to play before the map resets, tops – meaning: not much real play time. Most often people are so frustrated with that, they decide to start exploiting the spawn map bugs instead, causing mass mysterious deaths, usually on their own team, without really playing. They fixed that on FF, but that seemed to hurt the map’s popularity even more.

If the map didn't reset with each score, that'd do wonders for it - I dunno if we could ripent it to arrange that - or fix the ladders that way. (Actually, I know I could fix the ladders, but it'd be a major pain.)

Meh, not sure what to do to stop bot abuse, save to only allow so many uses of the command per game, or some such. Any ideas?

Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I'm sorry Willow, but there's a delicious irony in watching you step on your own dick here. For God's sake, please take the time to read things through before you start spouting off!

LOLZ :lol:

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:26 pm

Iron Legionnaire wrote:
I'm sorry Willow, but there's a delicious irony in watching you step on your own dick here. For God's sake, please take the time to read things through before you start spouting off!

LOLZ :lol:

Step on my own dick? ROFL!!!

I get it though.

Thanks Jiggly

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:14 am

Dark Willow wrote:
Both Rock2 and Epicenter needs to go, and how about increasing the number of bots on the server when no ones around and make the settings really hard?
The floodbot/kickbot command already gets abused when there are people already populating the server and the skill level is 1 if Im not mistaken.

But that's not hard enough because I OWN 'em in my sleep. There's this one server out there that I can't seem to remember the name of, but the bots there were evil. They conc jumped, and they attacked and made your life a living hell. I had way too much fun on that server until one day the admin was playing and I thought he was a bot and I OWNED his ass. He kicked and banned me. What a creepoid!

I really hate this world.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:19 am

Do you ever read your posts before you post them? :?

Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:01 am

Do you ever read your posts before you post them? :?

? I type really fast and then I head back to my YouTube page. Why?

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:37 am

? I type really fast and then I head back to my YouTube page. Why?

ARE YOU REAL? Or are you just Scouts or Beowolf playing a terrible joke on all of us.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:51 am

ARE YOU REAL? I swear to god you have to be Scouts or Beowolf playing a joke on everyone.

Who is Scout and Beowolf? What joke are you talking about? Also the map on the All 2fort server is stuck on the map called Well. Are we switching to an all Well server now? That map is too big!

Also, why do you guys give me such a hard time? You all are allowed to be pushy, but when I'm pushy its suddenly a bad thing? How typical.

I'm off to shoot my video.

Have a nice Sunday.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:59 am

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:20 am

TheDoc wrote:
ARE YOU REAL? I swear to god you have to be Scouts or Beowolf playing a joke on everyone.

Who is Scout and Beowolf? What joke are you talking about? Also the map on the All 2fort server is stuck on the map called Well. Are we switching to an all Well server now? That map is too big!

Also, why do you guys give me such a hard time? You all are allowed to be pushy, but when I'm pushy its suddenly a bad thing? How typical.

I'm off to shoot my video.

Have a nice Sunday.

I no longer belive you are real. You are scouts, viral, or beowulf.

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next