Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
new NS server 

the new server is great most of the time, but occasionally it will go down and not even show up in steam lists while the old one still shows up, is your server company screwing you over?

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:48 pm

the server keeps crashing and resetting to ns_veil, Monday Night, crashing and resetting to ns_veil tuesday night as well

Last edited by Cerberus on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:23 pm

I just thought it was creepy that my avatar is doing that so wanted to get another post under it, :)

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:24 pm
Site Admin

the server keeps crashing and resetting to ns_veil, Monday Night, crashing and resetting to ns_veil tuesday night as well

Noticing this...

I looked all over the configs and plugins and - aside from the custom spray file having gone over the gigabyte (which I reset) - there's nothing unusual going on...

There was an issue with the log system that was recently resolved - so it maybe our log tar'ing script or some such (only thing I can think of that's changed within the past two weeks). I have no access to this (nor could I do much with it if I did). I've sent notice to His Pinkness, hopefully he'll sing the server back down from its rage soon enough.
"And in the first day of the second thousand years, when the gates are golden and rich, on the first moment of that day shall the windows break, one-hundred years shall be lost, and chaos will pour forth upon the Earth." - Bill 20:00
Thothie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dear Leader

Removed the permissions reset script on the logs so we'll see if it stabilizes. Please let me know if there's any change either way.

Thanks,

-JP

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I can't join just now, but I noticed the server made it all the way to ns_nothing, which is further into the map rotation than it was able to make it yesterday, so maybe it be fixed.

The user#'s are in the 80's, which also suggests it hasn't reset/crashed in at least a few hours.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]