Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
TF2 Problem Thread 

I think we might be needing one of these. Also, is the TF2 server down? I can't seem to ping it.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:02 pm

I added it to my fav's yesterday and it didnt show..

Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:13 pm

Last edited by C4K3 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:23 pm

Doc and I went on JP's TF2 server tonite and it crashed on Hydro, not sure why but it did. We managed to actually get some people on it tonite. There was like 10-12 there when I left after 2fort. Might wanna check out Hydro tho, that map seems to bring people and if it's crashing, need to look into it.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:57 pm
Site Admin

His Pinkness has still not gotten my message regarding SourceMod. He is tres busy flying all over the place, helping save Ash from Team Rocket, atm.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dear Leader

Will take a closer look at the sourcemod stuff later... working. Blah.

On a happy side note, the TF2 server's full again :)

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

Yar, I got a chance to play on the TF2 server for a few hours today and I noticed a few things that might need to be fixed.

1. On dustbowl the map always gets cut short, the map will change after the attackers take the first area before they can take the second area. I don't know if its a time limit thing or what, but it won't let you play out a full round. This happened both times we get to the dustbowl map.

*edit* Tested for a third time. The trigger seems to be capping the first point of the second area. Right after the first point is capped the map immediately switches.

2. Auto team balancing. I know alot of people hate this, but tonight we had a clan stacking one team, and people kept leaving the other team to join them. On top of that people were leaving our team because we were losing so bad due to stacking/outnumbered. In the TFC room, the teams really don't matter, but in the TF2 room, people are actually attempting to win rounds, and having one team significantly higher than the other causes people to leave. Also it would have been nice if a few of the clanners had been autobalanced.

Last edited by TheDoc on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:43 pm

Also, I looked into editing the spawn timer and this is what I was able to come up with.

Quote:
Post subject: INSTANT RESPAWN FIGURED OUTPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Site Admin

Location: northern california ok sorry for the all-caps in thread title lol

short tutorial:
(if doing this with steam cache:
turn off steam
back up your team fortress 2 content.gcf file
use GCFScape to extract the map BSP from team fortress 2 content.gcf to anywhere)
(if doing this with HLDS, the map file will already be in your maps folder, just back it up first)

open the map with ented
use search tool to find the entity you want to edit, edit it, save map when done

i'll post more detailed instructions later. questions in this thread please.

i did some diff's on different maps' entities and i found some interesting entries. after hours of experimentation i narrowed it down to these - they have to go in logic_auto:

Code:
"OnMultiNewRound" "tf_gamerules,setblueteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"OnMultiNewRound" "tf_gamerules,setredteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"OnMultiNewMap" "tf_gamerules,setblueteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"OnMultiNewMap" "tf_gamerules,setredteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"OnMapSpawn" "tf_gamerules,setblueteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"OnMapSpawn" "tf_gamerules,setredteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"

and these have to go in team_round_timer entity on maps with multiple phases:

Code:
"On4MinRemain" "tf_gamerules,addblueteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"On3MinRemain" "tf_gamerules,addblueteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"On2MinRemain" "tf_gamerules,addblueteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"On4MinRemain" "tf_gamerules,addredteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"On3MinRemain" "tf_gamerules,addredteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"On2MinRemain" "tf_gamerules,addredteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"OnRoundStart" "tf_gamerules,setredteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"
"OnRoundStart" "tf_gamerules,setblueteamrespawnwavetime,0,0,-1"

there's a lot of other things you can change too:

health packs (small, medium, full are sizes)
Code:
{
"origin" "x y z"
"classname" "item_healthkit_small"
}

ammo packs (small, medium, full are sizes)
Code:
{
"origin" "x y z"
"classname" "item_ammopack_small"
}

lighting, doorways, timers (round duration, bonus added for cap, sudden death duration, setup duration), and a few other things. but most important is the respawn timers can now be set to zero!

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:47 pm
Site Admin

Blah, that means I gotta ented the maps, upload them to my site, and dump them back onto the TF2 server - that's gotta be like 50-100mb per map (if my TF2 access is working, will see.)

As for autobalance - I think the only autobalance built into TF2 simply keeps the number of persons per team even - it doesn't take into account how many kills anyone has SFAIK. :/

Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

There is a auto balance thing for clans, or atleast tags. I've seen it while I was looking for the RTV thing but I'm not sure what it was a part of. Either Meta Mod or Source Mod, I'm not sure but I'll look when I get home from work later.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:17 am

There is a auto balance thing for clans, or atleast tags. I've seen it while I was looking for the RTV thing but I'm not sure what it was a part of. Either Meta Mod or Source Mod, I'm not sure but I'll look when I get home from work later.
Did you say "WORK" Bull!!!??

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:40 am

Still dont have a job yet tho, however, I'm doing some remodeling on someones house for the next 2 weeks or so. God I need a job... The job market sucks so bad here it's pathetic. Been looking for a year now, still nothing...

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:43 am

Here is an autobalance that keeps admin on the same team: clicky

Also I posted about the clan tag autobalance here.. clicky!

You may want to add this to fav's Thoth or JP, you can find some useful info here.. Allied Modders Forums

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:10 am

Blah, that means I gotta ented the maps, upload them to my site, and dump them back onto the TF2 server - that's gotta be like 50-100mb per map (if my TF2 access is working, will see.)

As for autobalance - I think the only autobalance built into TF2 simply keeps the number of persons per team even - it doesn't take into account how many kills anyone has SFAIK. :/

Yes I know, the teams were uneven not only in score but also in number. The server was not autobalancing the teams, so for awhile we were playing 8 on 11, 11 being the team with all the clanners. If you could impliment a clan autobalancing system as well like bullgod mentioned that would be awesome. But I was talking strictly about number of players.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:19 am
Dear Leader

Also, I looked into editing the spawn timer and this is what I was able to come up with.

Yeah, found this link a few days back and couldn't find a Linux-based entity editor to do the job. I really really don't want to transfer huge ass maps back and forth between my windows machine at home just to change the timers. Argh.

I might do it over the weekend but blah. What worries me is the consistency checking/replacing Valve's doing on their srcds files to make sure people aren't hacking up their servers. As mentioned before (to who I forget), but Valve actually de-lists servers that they've found that modify the game mechanics.

Blah.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next