Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
TF2 Problem Thread 
Site Admin

TheDoc wrote:
Also, I looked into editing the spawn timer and this is what I was able to come up with.

Yeah, found this link a few days back and couldn't find a Linux-based entity editor to do the job. I really really don't want to transfer huge ass maps back and forth between my windows machine at home just to change the timers. Argh.

I might do it over the weekend but blah. What worries me is the consistency checking/replacing Valve's doing on their srcds files to make sure people aren't hacking up their servers. As mentioned before (to who I forget), but Valve actually de-lists servers that they've found that modify the game mechanics.

Blah.
I don't think VAC checks server-side maps for consistancy, should be fine there. (Otherwise, we woulda had issues with the NS maps long ago.)

Actually, from what I've been reading, VAC doesn't even do model consistancy checking for TF2. Just rendering engine and a handful of hooks.

I've got a lot of experience ripenting maps, so I'll do it for ye if I get the chance sometime. I'll have to rig it so I do it when the TF2 server is empty though - as I dunno what the mapcycle will do if it changes maps and comes accross a half-downloaded one.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW

2. Auto team balancing. I know alot of people hate this, but tonight we had a clan stacking one team, and people kept leaving the other team to join them. On top of that people were leaving our team because we were losing so bad due to stacking/outnumbered. In the TFC room, the teams really don't matter, but in the TF2 room, people are actually attempting to win rounds, and having one team significantly higher than the other causes people to leave. Also it would have been nice if a few of the clanners had been autobalanced.

Hey, apparently TF2 has a built in team scrambler. Here's a post about it on the Allied Modders Forums. click!

Also check here, this might work?

This is a quote from one of the posts about scrambleteams..
Quote:
mp_scambleteams to clarify is already a command that will start a five second count down and then mix the teams up. Very useful for a Public server like ours which has a couple of clans visiting at night that like to stack teams. We use sm_rcon mp_scambleteams at the moment but would like to add a option for people to vote for it within the 45/60 seconds of the 1st setup phase in tf2. (i believe this is a new orangebox command, sorry css). Or to auto do it (might be alittle hard this bit , dam i wish i could code)

Sounds like it all may still be under construction.. I wish I could remember where I saw that team balancer, I swear I did, maybe I'm just getting old.. I dunno..

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:13 pm
Site Admin

Yeeeah, ain't gotten around to attempting to source mod bit... Lotta files to transfer, test. etc. (Plus figuring all the proper switches to get wget to build the proper tree.)

One thing at a time. :shock:

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

The good news, is I managed to download the map and sourcemod onto the server, and I *think* it's setup right.

The bad news is, turns out the TF2 rcon doesn't work, so I've no way of restarting the server to apply the changes. >_> (It's configured right, but the TF2 rcon system can't seem to contact the server.)

It'll have to wait until His Pinkness returns.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW

btw.. has anyone ever checked out JP's other tfc server and fixed the 400min map rotation yet by any chance?

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:06 pm
Site Admin

*sigh* I'm gonna have to rework that plugin. On a windows server, if you have mp_timelimit 30.0 in your server.cfg, it resets the time limit to 30 minutes every time the map changes. Apparently the server.cfg does not get executed on map changes on a linux server. :x

Since the plugin adds to the timeleft to make sure players have time to vote before the map changes, the timelimit is just growing more and more over time. >_>

Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

RE: TFC room votemap

Okay, seems to be behaving now, cept a bit where it spams the instructions 3 times... If it starts doing it so many times it floods people, that maybe an issue.

I was actually able to test it live on the linux server now, so there shouldn't be any unknown issues.

In addition to votemap at chat, you can also, use: addbot, kickbots, and floodbots (adds up to 20 bots, depending on the # of free slots/real players - highly recommend for evening up hunted maps)

Betrayed is also on the server. It's on via fast downloads, but I don't recall where I can upload to Jigglypuff's custom content server, so ATM, it's using mine. Probably slower than Jiggly's - but still hella faster than the direct DL.

TF2 server I won't know about until the rcon starts working, or I find some way to 'attach' myself to the 'window'.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:56 am
Profile YIM WWW

Saint Thoth wrote:
RE: TFC room votemap

Okay, seems to be behaving now, cept a bit where it spams the instructions 3 times... If it starts doing it so many times it floods people, that maybe an issue.

I was actually able to test it live on the linux server now, so there shouldn't be any unknown issues.

In addition to votemap at chat, you can also, use: addbot, kickbots, and floodbots (adds up to 20 bots, depending on the # of free slots/real players - highly recommend for evening up hunted maps)

Betrayed is also on the server. It's on via fast downloads, but I don't recall where I can upload to Jigglypuff's custom content server, so ATM, it's using mine. Probably slower than Jiggly's - but still hella faster than the direct DL.

TF2 server I won't know about until the rcon starts working, or I find some way to 'attach' myself to the 'window'.

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:59 pm

//comment it out?

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:44 pm
Site Admin

If this in regards to the TFC server, well is the last map in rotation, so if it does crash, it at least goes back to the first map in rotation, and thus no one misses out. It only crashes, in my experience, when the fox bots make up the entirety of one team, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Foxbots is a very old plugin, it isn't really setup proper to handle Steam - we're lucky it works at all (I know a lot of bots were killed by the Steam Community add-on, as it fux with the way names are set). I am, however, impressed with the bots performance in certain situations - even on hunted maps. Also impressed with the fact that they seem to have waypoints for Betrayed and Ravelin (in the case of Ravelin, it must have been an addition by someone other than the program author, who presumably abandoned the project ages ago.)

Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW

only reason i noticed it is cuz someone voted for it :/

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:46 pm
Site Admin

Moral to the story: Don't vote for Well unless you have enough players to filter out the bot, or use kickbots in chat right quick. ;)

I might be able to add something to well.cfg to have that same effect. (edit: done, but untested)

Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:03 am
Profile YIM WWW

hehe thanks, dont think i've ever voted for well. the only time i even care to play it was in matches, otherwise it's just a spamfest just like 2fart.

actually, i dont think we had that many bots running on that map lastnight, i dun rememnber, i'm gettin old, we had quite a few people there..

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:57 am

TheDoc wrote:
Also, I looked into editing the spawn timer and this is what I was able to come up with.

Yeah, found this link a few days back and couldn't find a Linux-based entity editor to do the job. I really really don't want to transfer huge ass maps back and forth between my windows machine at home just to change the timers. Argh.

Blah.
What type on entity editor are you looking for?

Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:12 am
Site Admin

He needs a linux variant of Ripent *cough* I mean ented.... The "Source" variant of Ripent.

It's something I could do, but again, it requires uploading multiple 100mb files back and forth, and I kinda wanna see if the RTV Sourcemod thing is working first before I try anything that epic.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next