Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
WARPATH SERVER 

Hey thanks for adding avanti Jp. As for well I believe its always had a problem with bots spawning properly on it.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:31 am
Dear Leader

TFC map rotation on the normal TFC server. Nobody wants to play with a bunch of bots. :\

Most people would rather play with bots than with nobody.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

TFC must have had a sudden influx of nubness, seems everytime I've been in there, the bots have been better backup than the fleshie folk. ;)

edit: Bah, crashing on well, again... WTF. >_>

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Shutdown 2 might be a good substitute for well, will require a download though.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:25 pm

TFC must have had a sudden influx of nubness, seems everytime I've been in there, the bots have been better backup than the fleshie folk. ;)

edit: Bah, crashing on well, again... WTF. >_>

SUDDEN influx? I hate to tell you this, Thoth, but people have been sucking on TFC for a long time. Count the times you get killed by grenades as opposed to anything other than sniper fire.

VTB Dark Willow

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:45 pm
Site Admin

I haven't been playing in a long time... I feel like some sort of TFC god now... At least until someone who has some clue what he's doing shows up, at which point I have to explain to the rest of my team "No, he's not hacking, I just suck."

Getting very few grenade deaths actually, seems to be a theme amongst nubs not to know how to use them these days. (Several seem to have come from TF2 to "check it out".) Sometimes they've played CS or such, and thus are fairly good shots with the shotgun, and surprise ya though. (Yes, mr. scout, you can solo me with a the mini-shotgun time after time, and yet your corpses are piled a mile high around my SG - work it out.)

PS. Moar maps!

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Had fun on the server late lastnight with a few of the regulars (or non-regs like JP, WT and a few more) and didnt notice any real problems with the server with the exception that the server seemed to be stuck on the same 3 maps, flagrun, casbah and avanti? Was nice not seeing 2fart however flagrun was overplayed with so few people. Add a couple maps? Or is there somekind of problem with the other maps that are loaded?
Anywayz.. had fun lastnight, we played till about 4:30am est. (it's been a while) GG pplz! Thanks! :D

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:57 am

Having a problem today on both servers it seems, not sure if it's my ISP or maybe the servers need to be restarted?

ping sux.. My ping has been around 100 on the 2fort server and 150 on the rotation server usually.

Netgraph is going crazy.. Didnt have this problem on either server ever..

**Ok, nm. Seems to be working now, musta been my ISP or something. 3:30pm est.

Last edited by bullgod on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:36 am
Site Admin

All the Jiggly server are pinging 20 or less for me right now. :\ (Granted, I'm just looking at the browser list - be an hour or two before I can actually go in.)

IDEAR:

Is there a way to setup vars for humans vs. insane number of bots, the way you can for the NS server? Usually a, say, 3 humans vs. 8 bots co_faceoff game tends to fill the NS server right quick, and is good for some mild entertainment. The TFC bots are pretty sophisticated, so maybe doubly so, and might help populate the server quicker / give the vets an opportunity to help n00bs instead of pwning them / give the n00bs a good training ground until the server fills up. What bot plugin are ye using anyways?

And yeah, the only maps I see are: flagrun, casbah, well, avanti, and ravelin. One thing I've noticed - while Ravelin is HUGE - it's not so bad with only a very few players. So I R thinking maybe we should just go for the full, more or less, unrestricted map rotation, sans the 2fart, hunted*, cz2 (scout race with few players), and epicenter (plain broken).

Proposed mapcycle.txt ?
Code:
casbah "\minplayers\0\maxplayers\32\"
crossover2 "\minplayers\4\maxplayers\32\" //needs 2 per team for D (+bots dont conc jump)
dustbowl "\minplayers\4\maxplayers\32\" //(it'd actually be 8 players w/bots)
cz2 "\minplayers\10\maxplayers\32\" //any less than 5v5 becomes a scout race
avanti "\minplayers\0\maxplayers\32\"
flagrun "\minplayers\0\maxplayers\32\"
push "\minplayers\0\maxplayers\32\"
ravelin "\minplayers\0\maxplayers\32\"
rock2 "\minplayers\4\maxplayers\32\"
badlands "\minplayers\4\maxplayers\32\"
warpath "\minplayers\4\maxplayers\32\"
well "\minplayers\0\maxplayers\32\" //I figure make well last in rotation in case it crashes

With this config, I'm assuming the bots will make sure there will be at least 4 players per team, and that mapcycle isn't counting them.

* As much as I love Hunted (and more so Betrayed), I have to admit, it's useless with just a few players, and v. hard without players who really know what they are doing, while at the same times scaring away nubs who don't know what is going on. I dunno how the bots handle it though - I'd be interested to see that.

Last edited by Saint Thoth on Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I didnt see well or ravelin lastnight, it had only 3 maps running. Maybe because of min. players in the cfg?

Also when I was on earlier in the day yesterday, the server didnt crash during well, it seemed to play fine. We may have actually had 6 people on the server, I dont remember if the bots were on or not. I talked to JP at that time, he was on rcon and I told him is was working fine. However I didnt stay that whole map, my dog was buggin the hell outta me to take her for a walk. I couldnt get back on the server till later that night., when I did, I never seen well again. Just the 3 maps listed above.
WT and I musta played flagrun & casbah like 20X in a row.

*Also.. Does the minplayers include the bots as a player or "actual" players?

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:31 pm

That was some good games last night. Fukin jiggly sniping me :/

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:55 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

it cut out avanti after only one play through for me :shock: no fun :P but was nice playing something other than 2fort

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:42 pm
Site Admin

Well today it's apparently decided the only two maps are Casbah and Flagrun. (This was, painfully, verified when I set mp_timelimit to "0.1" to switch maps, without realizing this was not set in the server.cfg - and it switched from Casbah to Flagrun, about a dozen times, before I managed to send a command to set it back to 30.)

I dunno if there's some odd character or something in the mapcycle (linux carriage returns maybe?), but that ain't right.

I tried to enable map voting to help get around it, but it failed (couldn't figure a way to do it via vars alone, even changing the default access).

I switched to Hunted, and flooded the server with bots, and it populated the server pretty quick (they actually handle hunted kinda okay - even el presidente...) Had some fairly decent 5vs12 Hunted games for the first instance since the beginning of time. Oddly enough, it only unpopulated after it switched from Hunted to Flagrun. So apparently, there is no logic to filling a server, it's all by the roll of the die. ;)

PS. Please re-add Betrayed to the server so we can vote it in. ;)

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Whats the actual mapcycle.txt?
I think flagrun is a server killer.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:58 pm

I think flagrun is a server killer.

I agree, I love the server rotation, other than this map.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next