Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
WARPATH SERVER 
Site Admin

I'm still not sure if it's working quite right. It does change maps to what was voted for, however it changes the map as soon as voting is over. And it seems like the vote is very short, like 30-45 sec or something. Also it seems like it cuts off the last 5 mins or so of the current map. Shouldnt the map that was voted for start after the current map finishes on it's regular run time at the regular mapchange? I dont know, just seems a little weird to me, maybe it's correct. Just seems weird so close to the end of a map. If voting started like at the 15min mark then I could understand it changing before the map finished but the vote is near the end of a regular map cycle, like the last 5 min or so. And isnt there a way to start a vote during gameplay other than waiting for the vote to come up at the end of the map by typing in mapvote? I dunno, atleast it seems to be working. :)

/me :shrugs:

Thanks for everyones hard work & time on this matter. d(^.^)
Well, I dunno... My new one allow players to start vote mid games, if they so desire. It also lets the scoreboard hang in your face about 10 seconds before the map change, and if no one votes for anything, it just goes about it's usual cycle. It also lets you vote for all the maps, instead of just a random handful.

Downside to it is though, you have to type the map name you want in chat - as the main reason I made the plugin was to get around what seemed to be a bug where the key I pressed did not give me the map I asked for under Linux (but worked fine in Windows).

I dun have low level access to that server - however, unlike the All 2Fart server, I can promise not to do anything evil to it if I did. ;) Until then, it's up to Jigglypuff.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:48 am
Profile YIM WWW

I think i remember it being different. Windows was 1-1, 2-2 ect.. but linux was 0-1, 1-2... Maybe im just remembering something completely different.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:44 pm
Site Admin

Yeah... It's somethin with that linux keycode - it's still givin me random maps when I press a key. Ya think the linux SMA would be different to compensate, but it doesn't seem to be, thus the whole new system. *sigh*

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

just switched maps in the middle of rock2 to 2fart disconnecting me...restarting? :?

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:42 pm

Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:02 pm
Site Admin

For some reason I read that, "'sounds like the server is retarted."...

...Jiggly still hasn't gotten my PM with the plugin and instructs, so yeah... Hang in there a bit longer.

WigglyTuff wrote:
just switched maps in the middle of rock2 to 2fart disconnecting me...restarting? :?

Out of curiosity, were there a lot bots on one team at the time? I've seen an all-bot team on Well kill the server a few times now, wonder if Rock2 has a similar issue.

BTW (admins) Ye can control the bots on the server if you have access to amx_cvar:

• amx_cvar bot "kickall"
- kicks all the bots (they may rejoin if you don't change one of the following:)
• amx_cvar bot "min_bots #"
- where # is the min number of players bots will allow per team before joining it
• amx_cvar bot "max_bots #"
- Where # is the max bots on the server, set -1 to stop extra bots spawning, but still allow adding of bots manually
• amx_cvar bot "addbot"
- adds a bot, provided max_bots will allow
• amx_cvar bot "addbot [team] [class] [name] [skill]"
- adds a bot to [team] (1=blue 2=red) of [class] (1-9, 1=scout ... 9=engineer, etc. as on the class menu.) with [name] (must not contain spaces), and [skill] (1-5) - all parameters are optional.

The quotes are required.

I've not yet figured a way to stop bots from autobalancing between the teams. It seems this is a feature in newer versions of Foxbot, although those seem designed for use with NeoTFC. *shrug*
"Ironic, isn't it, Smithers? This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election. Yet if I were to have them killed, I'd be the one sent to jail! That's democracy for you." -Mr. Burns
Thothie

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:39 am
Profile YIM WWW

For some reason I read that, "'sounds like the server is retarted."...

...Jiggly still hasn't gotten my PM with the plugin and instructs, so yeah... Hang in there a bit longer.

WigglyTuff wrote:

Out of curiosity, were there a lot bots on one team at the time? I've seen an all-bot team on Well kill the server a few times now, wonder if Rock2 has a similar issue.

BTW (admins) Ye can control the bots on the server if you have access to amx_cvar:

• amx_cvar bot "kickall"
- kicks all the bots (they may rejoin if you don't change one of the following:)
• amx_cvar bot "min_bots #"
- where # is the min number of players bots will allow per team before joining it
• amx_cvar bot "max_bots #"
- Where # is the max bots on the server, set -1 to stop extra bots spawning, but still allow adding of bots manually
• amx_cvar bot "addbot"
- adds a bot, provided max_bots will allow
• amx_cvar bot "addbot [team] [class] [name] [skill]"
- adds a bot to [team] (1=blue 2=red) of [class] (1-9, 1=scout ... 9=engineer, etc. as on the class menu.) with [name] (must not contain spaces), and [skill] (1-5) - all parameters are optional.

The quotes are required.

I've not yet figured a way to stop bots from autobalancing between the teams. It seems this is a feature in newer versions of Foxbot, although those seem designed for use with NeoTFC. *shrug*
"Ironic, isn't it, Smithers? This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election. Yet if I were to have them killed, I'd be the one sent to jail! That's democracy for you." -Mr. Burns
Thothie
Thoth you wrote an additional plugin for amx for voting? If so do you have the code for that? And can I look at it? Or did you rewrite an already exsisting plugin? Gah Ill go research it and fire up the linux box.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:21 pm
Site Admin

Wrote a new one, although it's not as flexible as the standard, as it uses a fixed set of maps (reason for this is I don't trust our AMX is parsing Linux carriage returns correctly in line-input files, based on some of its odd behavior). It's also limited in that it can only display about 20 maps - although it could be tweaked to do more, so long as the map list did not execede 1280 characters - then ya need a multi-step menu or somethin.

Source: http://www.thothie.com/4jiggly5/mapchooser.sma.txt

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Wrote a new one, although it's not as flexible as the standard, as it uses a fixed set of maps (reason for this is I don't trust our AMX is parsing Linux carriage returns correctly in line-input files, based on some of its odd behavior). It's also limited in that it can only display about 20 maps - although it could be tweaked to do more, so long as the map list did not execede 1280 characters - then ya need a multi-step menu or somethin.

Source: http://www.thothie.com/4jiggly5/mapchooser.sma.txt

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:50 pm
Site Admin

No, mapmenu.amx is a seperate standard plugin. mapchooser.amx is a standard plugin that normally lets players pick a map at the end of the round, this replaces that.

PS. Jigglypuff has still not checked his messages - nor has he responded to IM's. :\ Hope he wasn't kidnapped by aliens.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dear Leader

No, mapmenu.amx is a seperate standard plugin. mapchooser.amx is a standard plugin that normally lets players pick a map at the end of the round, this replaces that.

PS. Jigglypuff has still not checked his messages - nor has he responded to IM's. :\ Hope he wasn't kidnapped by aliens.

Sorry, I had a very unexpected um, turn of events Monday and I'm currently hundreds of miles from home. I should be back at my desk and back to the daily grind tomorrow. Apologies for the delay - these aren't the ideal conditions to do work on the server.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

...Good thing he has a good wireless plan.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:04 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

thoth, think you could add that list of commands to the ongoing instruction guide for the disciples of his divine pinkness?

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ja... Assuming the power holds out here. Got some lovely winds going atm. Jigglypuff's mothership must be making some low passes.

Back in the day it used to be fun to setup a HUGE army of engineers on Well and try to get past them (they'd setup SG's everywhere, and were not fooled by spies), but I've not figured a way to set this up with this version of Foxbot, due to the auto-balancing thing.

Last edited by Saint Thoth on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next