Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
WARPATH SERVER 

argh i don't remember that map. I think i'll have to play it to remember it, but I have a feeling that if I don't remember it, I didn't like it back then. What was the map with all the canals everywhere, and the starting point that had the high wal and you had to get a demoman in and blow the wall out to be able to cap it or steal the flag, or whatever said objective was?

also, the frontpage makes me smile. Yay!

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:22 pm
Site Admin

I like what they did with it in FF, where there's some shadowy bits near the control room a demoman can hide in, if you don't check it with your flashlight regularly.

Plus the fact the flags don't slow you to a snails crawl, also nice.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Profile YIM WWW

Argh, lots of tweaking to do - I'll integrate Thoth's suggestions.

Also, here's the current mapcycle:

//Final Rotation
casbah
#well
badlands "\minplayers\16\maxplayers\32"
dustbowl "\minplayers\16\maxplayers\32"
rock2 "\minplayers\1\maxplayers\16"
flagrun
avanti "\minplayers\8\maxplayers\32"
2fort
epicenter "\minplayers\1\maxplayers\16"
ravelin "\minplayers\16\maxplayers\32"

Also... holy crap, there are 21 people in the TF2 server. We may make a name for ourselves in that arena after all :)

...guess that means even more round table discussions about making that server better sometime in the near future. Speaking of populated servers, here's the current load:

8832 panduck 15 0 349m 278m 23m R 30 5.1 118:02.56 srcds_i486
16698 panduck 15 0 117m 92m 11m S 5 1.7 124:18.83 hlds_i686
12635 panduck 15 0 122m 103m 11m S 3 1.9 197:03.56 hlds_i686
6063 panduck 15 0 105m 78m 9008 S 1 1.4 15:19.70 hlds_i686

Basically, the server is 10% utilized with all that's going on. Yay headroom
So badland, dustbowl, avanti, ravelin wont cycle unless the min player is hit? Maybe swap out flagrun for hunted? Why not just take out well for now.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:10 am

I do have one request to ask for the tf2 server. I know you're not usually into server plug-ins. But is there any way you would consider a quick respawn or instant respawn server. I'm not sure if they are 2 different plugins or if its the same plugin that allows you to manually change the respawn timer for specific maps or what. I know on voogru's server they have what they call a "quick respawn" plugin. The respawn timer isn't instant, but depending on the team and the map the respawn times are shortened. For instance on 2fot its a 3 second timer instead of the regular 15 seconds, on gravelpit and dustbowl the attacking team have an instant or 1 second spawn (seems instant) and the defenders have like a 5 second spawn. On hydro and well all the spawns are either 1 second or instant (seems instant).

It makes the game about 300% more enjoyable and i know voogru's servers never have any trouble filling. I think Thoth and a few other regs would really like the instant/fast respawn plug-in if they had never tried it out before. It speeds up the pacing of the game significantly.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:36 am

Yes i like the fast respawn. I get angry and tired when i have to wait 20 seconds to spawn. Gives me time to think about why im playing the game in the first place.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am

Thats the reason I dont play TF2, cant stand the respawn times. That and I've found like 2 people that actually understand the fact that you are supposed to get the intel and bring it back to your base or actually cap & defend a point. And omg.. try and get a medic woking with you that knows how to use uber...

man I hate that game.. buncha retards playing it.. wonder if it's like that because it's geared more for xbox than pc? I dunno.. I've only played one map that I had fun on and it was like a DM map, it was a boxing ring and everyone had their melee weapons. Weee fun!

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:17 am

So I played alot of flagrun today. The current jiggly room map rotation seems to be

flagrun
flagrun
flagrun
flagrun
flagrun
flagrun
flagrun

Not that I don't love flagrun, but if someone could fix that, I'm sure we would all be very appreciative.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:18 pm
Site Admin

*sigh* I r thinking maybe min/max players thing is just bugged to hell in TFC. (Or again, maybe the carriage return thing)

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Doc and I didnt see a carriage while we were there, just alot of flagrun. =]

heh.. and I thought the all 2fart got old.. :D

Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:47 pm
Site Admin

Well, it should have a full map rotation now, but it also has a map vote at the end of each round... Problem is - it doesn't work quite right (it'll pick some random map, rather than what you choose). I'm going to work on fixing this in a few minutes, and try to get the tweaked plugin to Jigglypuff. (It's a bit tricky, as there seems to be some subtle difference between Linux and Windows compiled AMX plugins that use key menus - I may have to just give up on em and make people type the name of the map they want or something.)

Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

didn't realize 2fart was on rotation :cry: almost jumped outta my seat seeing it pop up on mapvote :shock:

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:23 pm

map vote is working, it seems to change the map almost instantly tho. i'm also not sure, but i think it cuts off like the last 5 min of the map. anywayz, had fun, nice to have a change. playin maps i havent played in years. thanks for hookin it up. =]

GG's

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:25 pm
Site Admin

He fixed it? Damn, I went and coded a whole new map vote plugin for nothing then... Last I was trying the old one, it seemed to pick some random map whenever I chose a map from the list. Sometimes it'd pick a map not even on the list, which drove me a tad batty[/er]. (I'd understand if it was always +1/-1 the key I pressed, or some such - but random is well, random.)

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:52 am
Profile YIM WWW

Just think of it as a surprise thoth. A little custom tfc I see?

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:47 am

I'm still not sure if it's working quite right. It does change maps to what was voted for, however it changes the map as soon as voting is over. And it seems like the vote is very short, like 30-45 sec or something. Also it seems like it cuts off the last 5 mins or so of the current map. Shouldnt the map that was voted for start after the current map finishes on it's regular run time at the regular mapchange? I dont know, just seems a little weird to me, maybe it's correct. Just seems weird so close to the end of a map. If voting started like at the 15min mark then I could understand it changing before the map finished but the vote is near the end of a regular map cycle, like the last 5 min or so. And isnt there a way to start a vote during gameplay other than waiting for the vote to come up at the end of the map by typing in mapvote? I dunno, atleast it seems to be working. :)

/me :shrugs:

Thanks for everyones hard work & time on this matter. d(^.^)

Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next