Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
WARPATH SERVER 
Dear Leader

Okay, installed the plugin - sorry, thought that this hotel was blocking SSH - took a while to connect.

So yeah, Mr. Thoth's plugin is in place and fixed up the TF2 server - it's been complaining about needing a server restart to apply an update for several days now. That pretty much kills the server. Grrr. There's gotta be a better way to do this - I think hlds, unlike srcds, autoupdates.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

kkz! If the power holds out I'll try to get on and make sure its working smooth tonight.

TheHornet wrote:
thoth, think you could add that list of commands to the ongoing instruction guide for the disciples of his divine pinkness?

- See also comment to this on previous page. Be very careful with amx_cvar on the TFC server, as a lot of critical cvars are not yet in the server.cfg, or so I notice - if you set sv_alltalk, for example, it maybe wise to remember to set it BACK. Also, needless to say, don't fux with the game rules or physics in anyway, cuz it can be hard to figure out what ye did and fix it later when we get the bitchfest of e-mails.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

*sigh* I think I fuxed when I used the line:
Code:
get_players(player,n_players,"c")

Which means to get all the players, sans the bots.

Problem is not getting the bots fuxes with the indexing, meaning some, or all of the players, will fail to get the vote menu display. (They can all still vote though.)

There's also the possibility that the menu will fail to pop up, or get wiped when players die.

Both issues are fixed in this version:
http://www.thothie.com/4jiggly4/mapchooser.amx

I grabbed foxbot for my own HLDS, and it seems to behave with it - but of course, tis a winderz server.

Two things:
Ye MUST set mp_timelimit 30.0 in the server.cfg
...and if ye want map voting before map end, ye must set amx_allow_chatvotes 1 in the server.cfg

May also want to mention something about saying "votemap" to vote for maps somewhere in the MOTD.

todo's:
- maybe rig it to accept more common votemap system commands, like "rtv" or "rockthevote" etc.
- maybe add a vote for adding or removal of bots as well
"If we were to do the Second Coming of Christ in color for a full hour, there would be a considerable number of stations which would decline to carry it on the grounds that a Western or a quiz show would be more profitable." - Edward R. Murrow
Thothie

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:53 am
Profile YIM WWW

May also want to mention something about saying "votemap" to vote for maps somewhere in the MOTD.

todo's:
- maybe rig it to accept more common votemap system commands, like "rtv" or "rockthevote" etc.
- maybe add a vote for adding or removal of bots as well
"If we were to do the Second Coming of Christ in color for a full hour, there would be a considerable number of stations which would decline to carry it on the grounds that a Western or a quiz show would be more profitable." - Edward R. Murrow
Thothie
Maybe mention the votemap in scrolling coloured text across the bottom of the screen. My experience of being an admin is new peeps dont even read motd.
Are you getting the voice to work "Time to choose"?
Anywho I have been looking through amx pages of plugins for examples.
One more thing, did you work in a cancelvote and a rockthevote for your admins?

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:11 am
Site Admin

Maybe mention the votemap in scrolling coloured text across the bottom of the screen. My experience of being an admin is new peeps dont even read motd.

I think that the amx_scrollmsg block is full, but yeah, could stick it there too. ('specially since I dun think we actually have a floating motd for the TFC server.)

Quote:
Are you getting the voice to work "Time to choose"?

Yeah. Tis an easy one.

Quote:
One more thing, did you work in a cancelvote and a rockthevote for your admins?

No, but admins can use ye old amx_votemap at console, provided they don't try to start a vote for more than one map (that seems to break).

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:57 am
Profile YIM WWW

Map rotation is now stuck on 400 minute cycles I believe. I had to play the entire cycle on rock2 :D

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:56 pm

More bots would help maybe to get the attendance up.Pretty boring for the 1st few people joining to play with 4 bots.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:07 am
Site Admin

Thar be control for adding/removing bots, if ye watch the instructions at the bottom of yer screen, ye shall be enlightened.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7