Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Friendly Fire not taking off armor 
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!

what this topic ever discussed or considered?

By having friendly fire not taking off teammates armor, we wouldnt have the problem of team shooting. I wouldnt care if someone is shooting me as long as im not losing armor... I guess unless im sniper, and some soldier keeps blasting me off the deck, but for the most part, I think it would be a good idea.

Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:05 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Makes playing a spy a lot harder -- everyone shoots at everything. Sucks ass for a spy and changes the play dynamic.

We've discussed it here a few times over the years.

Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:07 pm
Site Admin

Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Makes playing a spy a lot harder -- everyone shoots at everything. Sucks ass for a spy and changes the play dynamic.

We've discussed it here a few times over the years.

It might actually be better for spy. At least you wont lose armor from your teamates attacking you for thinking you are on the other team.

Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:48 pm

I think this is an old habit that stretches the span of almost 3\4 of a decade...

Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:23 pm

ke422azn wrote:
what this topic ever discussed or considered?

By having friendly fire not taking off teammates armor, we wouldnt have the problem of team shooting. I wouldnt care if someone is shooting me as long as im not losing armor... I guess unless im sniper, and some soldier keeps blasting me off the deck, but for the most part, I think it would be a good idea.

God I second this. It could only make game play better. I see no reason why some one would complain if that setting was changed to no armor lost.

Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:28 pm

wow... been so long since ive been here. some dont know me but im sure some still remember me. just dropping in to say HI GUYZ!!

Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:34 pm

Q: How can you afford the connectivity?
A: Hehehe.. can't really answer that. Hookups?

<3 TFC server

Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:40 pm

MEANGUNS wrote:
God I second this.

God says no to you.

Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:07 pm

Fireball wrote:
MEANGUNS wrote:
God I second this.

God says no to you.

You're not god. Shut up Fireball

Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Q: Can you please remove armor stripping?
A: I won't disable armor stripping because it's the only thing that makes the spy class viable. Without it, there's no hesitation on the enemy's side to do spy checks on everyone. When you know that you have to check someone and it's going to strip their armor in the process, you're going to be a little hesitant about firing that shot. It's hard enough being a spy...

For those too lazy to actually read the recently linked FAQ.

Personally, I feel that rule was made back when we had a real server (ie. before the era of "All 2Fort") and people played real games, and spys had a function other than, "zomg lolorz I pill sp4m j00!"

But I've no access to the TFC config. It's a looong standing rule though, so I don't see it changing. We like to keep our games vanilla for the most part(default settings), even the bits we don't like.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:11 am
Profile YIM WWW

God wrote:
Q: Can you please remove armor stripping?
A: I won't disable armor stripping because it's the only thing that makes the spy class viable. Without it, there's no hesitation on the enemy's side to do spy checks on everyone. When you know that you have to check someone and it's going to strip their armor in the process, you're going to be a little hesitant about firing that shot. It's hard enough being a spy...

For those too lazy to actually read the recently linked FAQ.

Personally, I feel that rule was made back when we had a real server (ie. before the era of "All 2Fort") and people played real games, and spys had a function other than, "zomg lolorz I pill sp4m j00!"

But I've no access to the TFC config. It's a looong standing rule though, so I don't see it changing. We like to keep our games vanilla for the most part(default settings), even the bits we don't like.

saying disabling armor stripping affects spy negatively is just "theorycraft". Nobody has actually done tests to prove this. Ive played spys on drippy before (a server i hate now) but they have armor stripping disabled, I didnt see people randomly shooting teammates to check spies. I certainly did not have a hard time playing spy or getting kills. TFC has been out 8+ years, people arent retarded anymore, most people dont shoot people unless they have evidence to suggest that it is actually a spy. Besides, if you are shooting at your teammates, then you arent shooting your enemy. And with this many people on jigglypuff, and there are visible enemies everywhere that are more of a concern.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:27 pm
Site Admin

TFC has been out 8+ years, people arent retarded anymore

I could just quote that and not bother with the obligatory comment, "on the contrary, they're more retarted than ever."

However, I think that fact actually adds to the motivations for simply removing the armor stripping, as should the fact that people now shoot each other for any reason except thinking the other player might be a spy. I've my doubts as to how many of our current players even realize that's a way to uncover a spy.

But again, no access. I'm uncertain as to when His Pinkness is returning, but I wouldn't expect a removal of this ancient tradition simply because we've been overrun by llamas.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

if flipping the switch is as easy as typing a few lines, perhaps we could have a test week, and just see how it goes. Buts not, its cool.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:57 pm
Site Admin

It's in the server.cfg - I can "flip a switch" but it'll reset as soon as the map cycles. I've no access to the server.cfg on the TFC server. As I always say: if I did, it wouldn't be all2fort no more.

leafcutter attack: Moved to the place where prayers to The Divine Pinkness are made.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next