Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jiggly NS needs more admins 

ewww i stepped in steam again...

(yes yes, think about what i just said, many meanings)

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:02 pm

I LIVE AGAIN! But, I also banned myself from the server. Whoops. =D

You would do something like that... I still the cherish the time when we killed your fade with a Hand Grenade back in 2.0

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:20 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

I very conveniently don't remember that. It can't possibly have happened. :oops:

Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:44 pm

Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:30 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:35 pm

Ahh, those were the days! I still want WON back. Bah. But anyways, I'm doing alright. In spite of my senility-ridden pate, I still remember you from way back in The Day(™), too. :) How's it going?

Mmm...let's see...original steam account (was a 4 digit too) got banned by Steam for no reason. They "claim" that they never make "accidents" in banning, but you know how true that probably was when they first had steam.

Now college. Then computer getting outdated. Then now, still on half-crappy half-decent laptop meant for school....but anyways.

Oh, I was banned by Jiggly for a bit, but then Thoth fixed that. Looooooong story.

And in between, a few epic games (though no 5-7 hour mineshaft games), racist names, and a whole lot of re-learning the game mechanics after missing about 3 or 4 patches :P

How about you?

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:08 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Mmm...let's see...original steam account (was a 4 digit too) got banned by Steam for no reason. They "claim" that they never make "accidents" in banning, but you know how true that probably was when they first had steam.

Indeed, do I ever. I had a four digit account too, that up and vanished when they introduced Steam. Took a few months before I decided to buy another copy of Half-Life, and then I spent the next couple years regretting it after finding out that my computer built to be top of the line in 2003 could no longer reliably get 40 fps out of a mod built for a game made in 1998, itself made with a modified Quake engine, released in 1996! Oh, such overwhelming hatred do I hold for Valve...

But anyways. I've basically become a professional student. At the rate I'm going, I should be on track for graduation sometime around 2039. :D

Also got a new computer about six months ago, which took me two-three months of effort and a few RMAs to get functioning again. There were something like 6-10 different distinct problems with it I had to track down, some software, some hardware. :evil:

Works like a charm, now, though. Getting a nice happy 125 fps in game (Thanks, Locane!) and playing marines almost as well as I did back in the days of WON again. Ahh, happiness. Though I keep getting caught off guard by game - and map! - changes all over the place, too.

Spent last winter break in Japan, working and touring the place. That was great fun, though the job was hellish. Averaged out a good 11-12 hours a day, with lots of carrying very heavy shit around and feeling like an idiot for not being able to communicate better, hehe. Not much else has happened in the last few years for me, though! I'm pretty much in stasis.

Edit: Oh, yes! There was also a flood the very night I built my brand new computer. It's a damn good thing I was up at 3 am working on it when it happened, too. My room was in the basement of the house I was renting, and by the time I noticed, both my computers were already an inch deep in water. That could have ended really, really unpleasantly! Instead, it merely claimed the life of my futon mattress and ddr pads. Rawr.

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:21 pm

I very conveniently don't remember that. It can't possibly have happened. :oops:

You're lucky I didn't save the screen shot of it when I reformatted my old comp. :twisted:

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:20 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Thus proving my statement. It must not have happened! 8)

Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:30 pm

Well, if you're as cool as all the people seem to say you are, I look forward to you bringing a little order back into the chaos that is Jiggly NS.

VTB Dark Willow

Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:23 am

No one said he was cool. In fact quite the opposite. Black sun is smokin' hot. 8)

Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:40 am
Site Admin

I LIVE AGAIN! But, I also banned myself from the server. Whoops. =D

ZOMG, the BS returns... Meh, check here if you need a refresher course on how to use the AMX. We've changed to AMXmodX, which has introduced some new bugs.... And IM your current SteamID if you need to be unbanned still. ;)

...and don't worry about the DDR pads, they survive submersion, we've tested this here. ;)

We all miss WON... Even the electrified observatories...
Man, those were fun. ;)

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:31 am
Profile YIM WWW

Remember when electricity was first introduced, and we were promised awesome new marine bases surrounded by eletric fences made out of tfacs?

*cries*

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:55 am

Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:52 am
Jigglyroom Admin

I miss all the old "bugs" and whatnot in WON. They made the game so much more entertaining.

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next