Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Cheaters/Trolls/Hackers/General Server Issues 

almost all pros hack . . . just not always (or even usually, for most)

Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:05 am

Captain Kirk steam_0:1:3739158
Captain Picard steam_0:0:14471804

morons that just started using racist language in chat and over comms, also Kirk got in comm chair start of map, dropped TF and about 20 turrets and recycled the IP, they don't want to play the game, yet keep stacking together for the detriment of it

[9/11=Awesome]Captain Kirk: 9/11 Was awesome

#10 "[9/11=Awesome]Captain Kirk" 815 STEAM_0:1:3739158
#14 "Captain Picard" 866 STEAM_0:0:14471804

QFT. Geez ban the fuckers please.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:09 am
Site Admin

Banned Kirk yesterday. Hrmmm... I see his ID in the banned.cfg, but can't pull it up with the HLSW update function. :\
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand." - G'Kar, B5
Thothie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW

shark wielding bear is pretty pro, I think he is on demo detectives as inconclusive, then again what do they know.

I know that Demo Detectives is full of crap. ChimpZealot is one of the group and that guy is a complete homo...

In fact, I've met/seen/know ccnncc99, TheAdj, ChimpZealot, and Underwhelmed... All of which either being complete nubs at spotting hackers, or being hackers themselves...

Also Thoth... Where have you been??!?!?!?!?! 8(

Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:00 pm

kthx

Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Site Admin

Nox isn’t so much the problem as the bastards who keep stacking with him, although I do realize that eliminating the former would take care of the latter – it wouldn’t be very fair to the former.

Tempting though it is – I’ve seen his presence kill the JR, as it desperately crawled back up from the ashes, more than once now.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:19 am
Profile YIM WWW

Maybe some of you, uberadmins, gotta walk downstairs and push the restart button of the box soon? because there is a new steam bug... Eerr... Autodelivery piece of shit; most servers are down... My client took 34 mins downloading... Now... It is broke:

LAWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL

Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:23 pm
Site Admin

Hrmm... I'm getting reports of this from other servers and HL mods... I suspect it maybe the HLDS needs an update. I can't do anything about that until I get home, but even then, I've my doubts - most likely will require The Pink One.

If we're lucky, the PTB's at Steam will realize what a stupid idea it was to switch the protcol for 50,000+ servers without notice, and undo their change. Several mods are dependant on old versions of the HLDS to function - so if they don't - it'll spell the death of a lot of games.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

wo wo wo, did anyone notice that he has youtube goin and hes watchin somethin with the title "cock and balls?"
i guess this goes along with his friend calling him a fag in the chat screen.
also this comment he made
C4K3 wrote:
Wanna fuck him? I do.
:wink:
haha

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:35 am
Site Admin

Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:37 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

His Pinkness will have to do the protocol update change - I don't have write access to the proper folders. Been paging him, but no response yet. :\

This latest update is actually going to kill several old HL1 mods - as many simply cannot run on the newer versions of the HLDS. :(

I guess that's another reason for NS2 to be on its own engine. If Valve insists on fuxing with the DS - eventually your mod will die from something they do, if you aren't around to constantly adjust for their tinkering.

Thankfully, NS survives this time around - just need an update.

Oh, if you know another server host that is having trouble - remind them that the HLDSUpdateTool.exe is apparently broken, and they will need to manually add a text file "steam_appid.txt" to the same folder their HLDS.exe is located in with the number 70 in it. *sigh*

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Steam really FUBAR'd with this latest update, thousands of servers are still down. Some old mods are dead for good.

The Jigglypuff sever, according to the HLDS Update Tool, is fully updated - but somehow STILL running on Protocol 47 (needs to be 48). I've had to jump through quite a few hoops to get some other servers back up - but His Pinkness has jumped through all these same hoops for the Jigglypuff server, and it still refuses to update.

It may come down to completely wiping the drive and rebuilding the server from scratch or some similarly ridiculous effort. It may also be that Valve simply neglected to update the Linux servers (as the majority of servers are Windows), in which case, even that wouldn’t help, and we’re just at their mercy.

Valve hasn’t made any announcements regarding this. It suggests that either they don’t know what’s going on, they don’t care, or that it’s a deliberate effort to drain the HL1 community and move them to Source quicker. I can’t think of anything that justifies them effing with the Goldsource HLDS as often as they do, much less not undoing something that cuts the number of active servers in half straight away.

Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

The HL1 mod community has been utterly devastated by this latest update. Active server counts are down 70% across the board – for every mod. No update has screwed with the HL1 community this much, not since we went from WON to Steam.

The more I ask around, the more I am convinced that Valve is actively seeking to eliminate the HL1 community in hopes of forcing more players to buy Source. Whether this is out of greed and malice, or just incompetence, I’m not entirely sure - but the problems this update has caused are too numerous to list (even beyond the sheer number of missing servers), and Valve seems to have no intention of rolling it back.

In any case, it seems, at the moment, Linux based HLDS servers cannot be updated. The only person I’ve managed to find, thus far, who was able to trick the Linux HLDS Update Tool to update his servers, found the updated HLDS to be incompatible with his Linux build.

Some people have actually resorted to running the Windows HLDS under WINE to make this beast work on their Linux boxes. I’m not sure if this is an option for the Jigglyroom, and even if it is, it’s asking a hell of a lot.

So, what I’m saying is… This maybe the end for GoldSrc mods in the Jigglyroom… And that may, effectively, be the end of the Jigglyroom itself. The only Jigglyroom Source mod that gets any clientele is the PVK2 server, and even that’s pretty damned rare. (And, somewhat ironically, it too, is in desperate need of updating.)

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:57 am
Profile YIM WWW

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 am
Site Admin

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next