Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Banned by Blondie... without warning... wtmfh? 
Jigglyroom Admin

Some of us like to play in stealth mode...

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:20 pm

lawl hax

other steamids for admins

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:50 pm

well the whole point of this thread is that I didn't know I was doing something wrong. The MUTE feature is supposed to quell any non-interest in sounds being played. I agree with in NS it shouldn't be allowed, but that night in 2fort we had a few of us playing some funny/good stuff and most everyone likes it. Then withing 3 minutes in comes pseudo-blondie and zap. Just don't think it's right, being that this is the LAST good 2fort server out there to play on, non-bots.

It would just be totally and completely sad if this server started banning people or adjusting the rules to emulate Drippy's... that would be a sad sad day.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:05 am

being that this is the LAST good 2fort server out there to play on

I dont know what he's talking about.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:17 am
Jigglyroom Admin

ducket$, I no longer have a Windows machine that can run steam.. I've refused to pay for another version of Windows since '98 and I don't want to pirate it. Steam requires an OS I don't have and therefore I can't really do anything about your problem....

When I get the cash together (which means when I stop taking weekend trips every months) I'll probably buy a new 'puter and re-install HL. Therefore someone else will need to look into your issue for the time being. Try Thoth.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 am
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!

Some of us like to play in stealth mode...

Well theres always steam friends & the player list.

We don't need AMX_WHO to see what admins are on usually.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:19 am
Profile WWW

ducket$, I no longer have a Windows machine that can run steam.. I've refused to pay for another version of Windows since '98 and I don't want to pirate it. Steam requires an OS I don't have and therefore I can't really do anything about your problem....

When I get the cash together (which means when I stop taking weekend trips every months) I'll probably buy a new 'puter and re-install HL. Therefore someone else will need to look into your issue for the time being. Try Thoth.

PROTIP: Steam runs on wine too.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:21 am
Profile WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

At one time I got HL to run under wine on FreeBSD 4.8.
It was a pain in the ass and I never did get the sound right.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:44 am
Site Admin

Therefore someone else will need to look into your issue for the time being. Try Thoth.

There ya go again with yer buck passing! :P

I wasn't there, so I dunno... I'm sure it's a temp ban in anycase. (Not that the TFC room would suffer from one less HLSS spammer.)

It does seem a lot of people are running HL on alternative OS's these days, but yeah, it can be a pain.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW

At one time I got HL to run under wine on FreeBSD 4.8.
It was a pain in the ass and I never did get the sound right.
Thats because you needed an updated alsa driver. I found that pre alsa driver running games on redhat 9 (even ones native to linux) gave me choppy sound. Then when I figured it out ..alsa solved that issue. If you do go with a linux platform effDefender pay for a one month membership to cedega (like wine but better) download the engine and all the archived versions of cedega, then cancel your membership. So in the end you only pay fifteen beans for version present to past.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:50 pm

I agree dont give Bill Gates any more money for his crap software. Switch over to linux, I prefer fedora core OS. I got tfc and Ns working under cedega no problem.
I had hl 2 working under it also.
If you have any problems installing, dont hesitate to shout

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:56 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

As I recall getting that wine to compile on my system was a fucking nightmare. I'm sure things are much better now -- that was like 4 years ago.

Nowadays I'll probably just buy a windows PC for games -- less hassle.

My main *nix machine at home now is my OS-X laptop... I love it.... and I use IRIX all day at work (God I hate Irix).

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:02 pm

well thnx for the replies, I needed to vent. Sorry about the commotion.

and Fixor... what other 2fort servers are around that are decent to play on anymore?

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:38 pm

As I recall getting that wine to compile on my system was a fucking nightmare. I'm sure things are much better now -- that was like 4 years ago.

Nowadays I'll probably just buy a windows PC for games -- less hassle.

My main *nix machine at home now is my OS-X laptop... I love it.... and I use IRIX all day at work (God I hate Irix).
Yeah I bought one of those little mac books and found the transition from linux to OSx 10 very nice

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:52 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Yeah, even nicer was the transition from FreeBSD to OSX.

The switches used in commands are a little different between Linux and FreeBSD.. In general I prefer FreeBSD, but Linux has a nicer top command.

I went to the apple store and typed:
ls -lhtrFG and it did exactly what I wanted, long listing, human readable, sorted by reverse time with directories, executables, etc listed with symbols with color.

I then typed du -hd1 which doesn't work in Linux... in Linux you gotta type du -h --max-depth=1
... or just do a du -sh *

I then checked to make sure it was my favorite version of grep (has -A, -B, -C, and -o switches).... then I was sold.

I guess I gotta be careful: my nerd is showing.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next