Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
alot of server lag??? 

Is it STEAM or Jiggly server that has been lagging really bad lately.

Sat May 12, 2007 5:51 pm
Site Admin

It maybe the TFC server needs a restart, the user counter is over 12,000 (meaning, it ain't been restarted in a looong time) but I dun have direct access to that one. If I run a quit command on it, I can't guarantee it'll come back. (Ask V2 about "30 second thoth" next time you get the chance) ;)

The NS server was doing some weird nasty lag bursts the other night, but I think it went away... Maybe it was doing some sort of maintence cycle (tar'ing logs, downloading poképr0n, or some other such critical task).

Sat May 12, 2007 11:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW

the jigglypuff in the hampster wheel that provides bandwith just needs to pedal faster

[edit]
how did I miss the "in"
[/edit]

Sun May 13, 2007 12:19 am

It maybe the TFC server needs a restart, the user counter is over 12,000 (meaning, it ain't been restarted in a looong time) but I dun have direct access to that one. If I run a quit command on it, I can't guarantee it'll come back. (Ask V2 about "30 second thoth" next time you get the chance) ;)

The NS server was doing some weird nasty lag bursts the other night, but I think it went away... Maybe it was doing some sort of maintence cycle (tar'ing logs, downloading poképr0n, or some other such critical task).
Servers running gentoo?

Sun May 13, 2007 6:06 pm

There was a 70 minute game before I joined, but people were all pinging triple digits, I was averaging 260 ='(

Wed May 16, 2007 11:04 pm
Site Admin

Long games will do that. CPU can't handle all the ents...

I think towards the middle of that 7hr mineshaft game we had, back in the day before everyone recycled at the first sign of things going wrong, we had all the pings over 400. ;)

Thu May 17, 2007 7:22 am
Profile YIM WWW

Long games will do that. CPU can't handle all the ents...

I think towards the middle of that 7hr mineshaft game we had, back in the day before everyone recycled at the first sign of things going wrong, we had all the pings over 400. ;)

I was there :\. I think that was right after we switched over from WON or something? Or maybe it was only a 4-5 hour game :P

Anyways, I have been getting really bad lag on the NS server lately, regardless of game time. Basically, it's as if I lose my connection to the server for anywhere from 2-6 seconds at a time. I know it's not my connection, because I've played on other NS servers, and on the Jiggly TFC servers with no problem.

Anyone know if the problem is on Jiggly's side, or maybe it's time for a reformat on my computer?

Thu May 17, 2007 12:09 pm

the jigglypuff in the hampster wheel that provides bandwith just needs to pedal faster

Fireball, I don't think it's your comp that needs to step it up

[edit]
I fail at bbccode
[/edit]

Thu May 17, 2007 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]