Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Online Gaming withdrawal 

I haven't been playing any FPS games since my computer blew its power supply last week and also the motherboard is cracked. This the first time in years that I haven't played a game, and I am noticing something about myself. I seem to be full of anxiety which is something new for me, and also I've taken up pacing around the house, and also I seem to argue a lot more. Is this normal? has anyone ever experience this where games are concerned?

Also the only game I play right now is a game called SINGLES, and that gets boring because all I ever do is make the girl beat up the guy; bored now...

My new and improved computer will arrive here next week. I made sure this new computer will have all of the bells and whistles and I can't wait! Also this stupid dual core, VISTA laptop I purchased on the side to keep me occupied is only serving to make me angry. When Microsoft put together Windows VISTA they must have been laughing, and snickering on the side; I hate them, and I HATE VISTA!

Also I am concerned about being able to recover all of my music and videos from itunes. I have $4,000 worth of content and it would be a shame (and time consuming) to have to purchase it all over again. I found out that all the games I purchased on Steam will automatically start downloading the moment I install Steam on my new computer and enter my password! This is a relief.

Thank goodness I backed up everything else on storage drives!

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:58 am

How does a motherboard crack. Maybe you getting confused by the crack your doing? Argue a lot more? Your kidding? Get a hobby, like knitting or something....

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:08 am

Dark Willow wrote:
Also the only game I play right now is a game called SINGLES, and that gets boring because all I ever do is make the girl beat up the guy; bored now...

Seriously dark, go away. How you ever managed to learn to read is beyond me, but I really hope that something breaks both of your hands so this forum will be rid of your obnoxious lesbian hate-filled posts.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:51 am

How does a motherboard crack. Maybe you getting confused by the crack your doing? Argue a lot more? Your kidding? Get a hobby, like knitting or something....

Why? I like FPS games. Its fun and a challenge. Also I don't do drugs, and yes I AM more cranky than normal. I seriously think I'm going through gaming withdrawals here.

Last edited by Dark Willow on Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:33 am

TheDoc wrote:
Dark Willow wrote:

Seriously dark, go away. How you ever managed to learn to read is beyond me, but I really hope that something breaks both of your hands so this forum will be rid of your obnoxious lesbian hate-filled posts.

Why would you say something like that? I am no lesbian, and it would really suck if my hands were broken because then I wouldn't be able to play computer games. Why are you so hostile? Also I am no more obnoxious than most of the users on this board.

What's the matter with you? Can't you see I'm trying to reach out and make a connection?

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:36 am

Okay guys is there a way to have a cease fire here?

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:42 am

quit posting your man hate then. its not funny its obnoxious. believe it or not, guys have feelings too and you're making me cry. :(

Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:55 am

quit posting your man hate then. its not funny its obnoxious. believe it or not, guys have feelings too and you're making me cry. :(

I rather doubt that I'm making you cry, but I guess if it really bothers you I'll stop the guy bashing. I just get so much crap from guys on other servers that I automatically assume ALL guys are assholes. I guess I just sort of got used to it.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:06 am

TheDoc wrote:

I rather doubt that I'm making you cry, but I guess if it really bothers you I'll stop the guy bashing. I just get so much crap from guys on other servers that I automatically assume ALL guys are assholes. I guess I just sort of got used to it.

because generalizing 51% of the global population based on what you have experienced on a small online gaming community full of social rejects is always a good idea.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:15 am

Dark Willow wrote:
TheDoc wrote:

because generalizing 51% of the global population based on what you have experienced on a small online gaming community full of social rejects is always a good idea.

51%? I don't think so, its more in the area of 95% of the gamers I meet are guys, and almost ALL of them are bad news. I learned quickly that in order to beat the enemy you must become the enemy, but whatever. I guess our experiences are different and there is no way you are able to see my point of view without becoming defensive, so let us just leave this alone and enjoy the rare peace that we have.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:57 am

pop out old hard drive and attach it as a slave in the new system. For anything else I'd like to introduce you to my good friend Mr. Internet. He has hooked me up with countless goods in the past. I'm sure he could help you out.

On a side note I believe the male population is actually something more like 47% and the gaming portion of that would be a fraction of a single percent.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:09 pm

Doc hurt my feelings once. I forgave him...

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:44 pm

On a side note I believe the male population is actually something more like 47% and the gaming portion of that would be a fraction of a single percent.

According to the 2000 United States Census, the male/female demographic is 49.1% male 50.9% female.

According to this website http://www.xist.org/earth/pop_gender.aspx

The global male/female demographic is 50.3% male to 49.7% female. I wouldn't assume either of them to very reliable. Regardless, the point remains that attempting to generalize 3 billion people based on a cross section of maybe a few hundred gamers is intelligent.

Its not about me being defensive, its about you repeatedly making asinine and ignorant comments, but whatever beat up on those mean and nasty boys until your heart is content.

Quote:
I learned quickly that in order to beat the enemy you must become the enemy, but whatever

well good luck on your operation.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:22 pm

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:56 pm

Hooray_Yogurt wrote:

According to the 2000 United States Census, the male/female demographic is 49.1% male 50.9% female.

According to this website http://www.xist.org/earth/pop_gender.aspx

The global male/female demographic is 50.3% male to 49.7% female. I wouldn't assume either of them to very reliable. Regardless, the point remains that attempting to generalize 3 billion people based on a cross section of maybe a few hundred gamers is intelligent.

Its not about me being defensive, its about you repeatedly making asinine and ignorant comments, but whatever beat up on those mean and nasty boys until your heart is content.

Quote:
I learned quickly that in order to beat the enemy you must become the enemy, but whatever

well good luck on your operation.

Whatever. The fact is that there are more male asses out on the internet, gaming scene, and my job is to gut them one idiot at a time.

So much for attempting to be nice.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next