Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Banned Friday 1/18/08 for no reason given? 

Hi I was banned. Only solution I was given was to post here.

Please keep in mind there was a verbal argument with Cerberus and I. Here is the argument: I was a marine, a RT got killed 10 seconds before I entered the room, I hear a skulk run into the next room, I request orders from the Comm to start building a new RT, he drops RT and I make sure to click on it right away, then I wait for 10 seconds before continuing to build it because of the skulk that just killed the RT and left the room, at which time Cerberus (who was a commanding 0-8 at the time) was calling me a pussy for not building the RT. After I made sure the skulk wasn't going to rush me as I was building the RT I finished building it, I then left the room and the skulk came back in and started hitting it, I killed him. Then proceeded to tell Cerberus to stfu because I was just being cautious and I got the job done.

Why the fuck was I banned? Sorry for my French here but I didn't do anything. There were atleast 4-5 people in the server that agreed I did nothing. Then I was kicked for no reason given, came back into the server and did what any human being would do and asked "Why the fuck was I kicked!?" To which I was responded with a ban for 10080 minutes (7 days).

Then I had my friend Gir, who also frequents this server, get on and asked very nicely why I was banned. He spent 5-10 minutes in the server asking why and was never responded to. What the fuck must someone do to get a fucking answer when there is no reason for them to be banned?

We both asked very nicely for a reason and were ignored. Gir was kicked for "not playing" and "complaining". Well get a fucking clue genius he wasn't playing because he was asking very nicely why I was banned and was ignored by the person that did it. Then after getting kicked twice for "not playing" he came in after that, got 2 kills, continued to ask nicely why I got banned and he got banned as well for 10080 minutes for "not playing". Though he was higher then 3 people on the marines team.

Admin abuse anyone!? This is fucking stupid and childish, all I want to do is get unbanned. This is the only NS server that I feel is worth playing on. I like the community here (up until this fucking ridiculous episode) and would enjoy to keep playing here.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:41 pm

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:54 pm
Site Admin

You were banned for starting a pointless eject followed by recycling base in a winning game, cuz you didn't couldn't just let the crap going on with the fool you were arguing with go.

Gir was banned for sitting around in base bitching and refusing to play, costing the marines yet another game in which they were winning, and was warned repeatedly to play or leave, kicked twice before he was banned.

I'll say that they were temporary, but the fact that neither of you seems to realize that you are doing anything wrong is making me strongly consider moving them to perm.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:03 am
Profile YIM WWW

I didn't start the vote to eject the comm and I didn't recycle base. Sorry you are mistaken.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:12 am

Also how am I more at fault then Cerberus. Honestly answer that question. He was bitching at me non stop just as much as I was responding to him. Why did I get kicked and banned and not him? Especially when I was in the right and playing better and helping my team out more.

I guess if this server can't respect a man defending himself then fuck yeah keep me banned. But if I'm called a pussy for not building an RT fast enough because I wait 10 seconds because I think a skulk is waiting to kill me, and defending myself is against server rules, then you're right, you should make that a permanent ban.

Honestly I'm just at a loss here. This is ridiculous and there is no reason I should be banned. I just want to continue playing on this great server (only one worth playing) and continue contributing to every team I ever play on.

No one can come here and post that I do otherwise without lieing.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:13 am

Gir was banned for sitting around in base bitching and refusing to play, costing the marines yet another game in which they were winning, and was warned repeatedly to play or leave, kicked twice before he was banned.

Maybe I'm wrong here, please correct me if I am. But wasn't Gir bitching and refusing to play because no one was answering him when he REPEATEDLY asked VERY nicely why I was banned. Also keep in mind as Gir was "refusing" to play he had 1 kill before he was kicked once, and 2 more kills before he was banned. Putting him higher then 3-4 people on the Marine team.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:21 am

I am sorry that this whole stupid ordeal happened. I apologize for arguing with someone that was being a prick to me and for defending myself when I had every right to do so. I apologize for jumping into the Comm chair after he was ejected (I didn't initialize the vote). I am sorry for dropping 2 Obs' when I was in the comm chair (no I didn't recycle base the guy that got in the chair after me did). I apologize for asking why I was kicked and then questioning why I was banned.

I don't know what else I can attempt to apologize for. I really really hope you can unban me right away. This is the only game I play and the only server I play on and my fiancee is gone for the entire weekend. I hope I am not in for one boring ass week/weekend.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:38 am

Thank you for unbannning me. I hope that this doesn't happen again and I know that from my end this ALL could've been solved by a little communication.

Instead of me being kicked without a reason given, just say "Hey weezY, I know Cerberus is being a grumpy old asshole for no reason. But you need to stop talking, and he can continue talking, or I will kick you." While unfair still it atleast puts me in the place you desire me to be.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 am

Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:08 pm
Site Admin

We ban for team sabotage, always have, usually permanently.

We don't ban for what he's claiming he was banned for, and it has nothing to do with this ban, but he'll figure that out eventually.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW

VTB Dark Willow

Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:53 pm

Cool. I was just banned again after having played on the server for a good 1.5 hours. Not having a single remote confrontation with anyone. Was just in the middle of fading and got banned?

Can someone please explain what is going on here?

I'm sick of even trying to argue my point that I did nothing. Rather this time can I please get an explanation of what I am doing that is getting me banned???

"We don't ban for what he's claiming he was banned for, and it has nothing to do with this ban, but he'll figure that out eventually."

You ban because someone has done something wrong, also you do it to prevent reoccurence. What you can do for me right here, right now, is take away the guessing game. Tell me what I did and tell me not to do it again. At that point I will say "Okay, I'm sorry, I won't do it again." I'm very serious here, I never have and never will try to ruin this game for anyone around me nor try to break any rules layed down....

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:18 pm

If you ask me, you got my 2 cents for keeping him banned. Kudos whoever did it. I'm a prophet, so, please don't say you were skill banned, because in fact, you suck. Also kill yourself.

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:14 pm

If you ask me, you got my 2 cents for keeping him banned. Kudos whoever did it. I'm a prophet, so, please don't say you were skill banned, because in fact, you suck. Also kill yourself.

I said I was skill banned? I'll be the first one to say that I am NOT good. I've been playing the game maybe 3-4 months now? I'm still learning a ton. I'm a good gamer, just not at this game because I haven't played long enough.

BTW hi C4K3 nice to meet you. Didn't know that I knew you or that I ever offended you. Thanks for your two cents in asking that I stay banned. Sorry if I ever somehow offended you?

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next