Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Banned from TFC server. 

I was playing in the 2fort server within the last half hour and I ended up being banned from the server. I didn't do anything different than I normally do, I was defending the water entrance as an engineer. I had my SG in the water and dispenser at the bottom along with my tele. The only thing I could think of was the fact of the location of my teleporter exit. It was under the spiral and a player or two got caught under the stairs, but I told them before hand to duck if they were going to use my teleporter. I didn't build it for them unless they might want to help me down there. It was mainly for me because that is the quickest way to get back down there. I took two screen shots of the console text and as you'll see in the console the log follows one another. The only editing I did was cancel out a swear word.

-->Section 1 http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... nt=ss1.jpg

-->Section 2 http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... nt=ss2.jpg

My steam ID is 0:1:288178, thanks.

edit: Forgot to add my name in the server was orange box what?

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:26 am

It is my belief that you cannot read directions and thus hould not be permited back into said server. Good day to you.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:42 am

Not sure what you mean by that, I read everywhere on the site and this is maybe the 3rd or so time that I've played on the server. No, I didn't read the server rules but if one person might have said hey, take that down, I would have. I don't think this would be counted as something that was a serious game halt. If I didn't like the server or was there to cause problems, I don't think I'd put forth this much effort to reverse it.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:54 am

Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:07 am

Forgive me, I made a mistake. I wasn't sure the forum, if I could move it over I would. Thanks for the warm invite to the forums. Perhaps an administrator could move it for me.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:42 am
Jigglyroom Admin

I gave you the ban, and yes because of the placement of your teleport .

yes I saw / read your warning about ducking before using it.

no, i do not give warnings.

I don't care. reasoning with me is futile. Your ban is either 2 months or 2 years. (depending on how many 9's I typed in when giving the ban )

on the bright side, your sacrifice shall inspire others to read the rules and never to create teleport exits which get people stuck.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:35 pm
Profile WWW

Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:14 pm

on the bright side, your sacrifice shall inspire others to read the rules and never to create teleport exits which get people stuck.

I was not aware this was possible in tfc.... I must boot that game up some time :D

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:56 am

Definitely a contribution to the deterioration of the game community that is TFC, among many other things, but again is still a contribution to it. You are a bright bulb Hooray_Yogurt, I'm sure you'll understand the meaning. Thanks for the few days worth of gaming.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:07 am

Given that I want tfc to die, I don't think that works in the way you want it to. Thank you though, I'm glad my efforts will bear fruit.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:10 am
Site Admin

Letting people build teleporters that send people into walls will no doubt improve TFC greatly, well, from Yogurt's perspective, in anycase.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:31 am
Profile YIM WWW

Although I suppose tfc is lacking in the ability to move your base and would thus lead the game to a quick end by having people stuck in a wall.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:40 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Ahh, good times. Can you still build an IP in that grating by Data Core where it sinks into the abyss, taking the poor hapless spawning marines with it? Or the vents by Biodome? I can only imagine how confused the skulks must have been, chewing on nothing but the marine's boots. :D

Ahh, I miss all the insane stuff you could do to screw around in the older versions. ZOE and I whiled away many an hour late at night just messing around with that stuff.

Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:24 am
Site Admin

Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

<_<

Whoops...

Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next