Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Banned? 

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:07 pm

I was banned 3 times total today, and I commed a perfect shotty rush, and had sex with an Onos, and a fade, and Utah's skulk body.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:08 pm

To you the truth Skele, drama was the only reason I played at JP. It made this ancient game entertaining. You can only play the same game the same way for so long until you need another game, or a new form of entertainment. Almost everyone can vouch for this, I was only there as a drama machine. I feel sad for the server without the touch of Scouts 8-)

I was expecting this for months, so not really a huge deal. The bans should of been done in a more...exciting way. Kinda boring to just log on to find yourself IP banned 8-/

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:11 pm
Profile WWW

To you the truth Skele, drama was the only reason I played at JP. It made this ancient game entertaining. You can only play the same game the same way for so long until you need another game, or a new form of entertainment. Almost everyone can vouch for this, I was only there as a drama machine. I feel sad for the server without the touch of Scouts 8-)

I was expecting this for months, so not really a huge deal. The bans should of been done in a more...exciting way. Kinda boring to just log on to find yourself IP banned 8-/

My second ban was pretty funny, to me it was, I barley picked up a shotty, then I get IMed over AIM, then I tab back in and I got this message from an "Admin" saying I've been kicked and banned.

Yes, I put quotes on the word admin because you can't really concider yourself one JP.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:21 pm
Dear Leader

ScoutsOA wrote:

My second ban was pretty funny, to me it was, I barley picked up a shotty, then I get IMed over AIM, then I tab back in and I got this message from an "Admin" saying I've been kicked and banned.

Yes, I put quotes on the word admin because you can't really concider yourself one JP.

I'm a crappy admin - that's why I went into management.

Duh.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

V1ral wrote:
ScoutsOA wrote:

I'm a crappy admin - that's why I went into management.

Duh.

Management? As in banning OA because we made the server fun, and had people complain about us.
Then you go into our forums, and look for any reason to ban us, what the hell do you care about us doing to Fireball? We never even hacked on your server. That's about all the reasons you could come up with to ban us, besides your "on notice" bullshit, come up with something not stolen from TV for once.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:28 pm
Dear Leader

wah, wah, wah, you got butthurt by two out of place (and control, i agree) posts two weeks apart, found a bunch of guys talking about shit they never even did and banned everyone associated with them. congrats. its nice to see you pop in every once in a fucking blue moon and take our your regular life depression on a bunch of guys that like to fuck around and have fun, yet still manage to contribute quite a net positive experience to the server. OH WAIT, you wouldn't know about that, you just take a look around, find something to piss you off, beat the shit out of it, and then leave everyone else to sort out whats left.

real pro jp, real pro.

Yeah, I feel bad for Mr. Thoth... he does all the work nowadays as does most of the other admins.

P.S. My life is seriously miserable. I cry myself to sleep every night.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

Hi, was wandering about getting unbanned? I wasn't around for about a week, was at girlfriend's brother's wedding and I come back and am banned. I don't know what drama was going on with OA really, never even came on the forums before now and have never been on the OA forums till see'ing what you link JP. Pretty much all the regulars on the server know me and know that I'm not drama and am a good player who likes to enjoy the game and have fun.So I dont know what was going on really. May I get unbanned please? :)

Kenshin
STEAM_0:1:1545850

Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi, was wandering about getting unbanned? I wasn't around for about a week, was at girlfriend's brother's wedding and I come back and am banned. I don't know what drama was going on with OA really, never even came on the forums before now and have never been on the OA forums till see'ing what you link JP. Pretty much all the regulars on the server know me and know that I'm not drama and am a good player who likes to enjoy the game and have fun.So I dont know what was going on really. May I get unbanned please? :)

Kenshin
STEAM_0:1:1545850

this guy seemed un oa to me when i saw him with an oa tag. he was using his mic to direct the game in a positive manner, ervery match.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:49 pm
Site Admin

You've been one of the more problematic OA. Everytime yer in the chair, it's always shotty/ip rush, and everytime yer alien, it's always DC. If I could just comm/chamber ban people I'd go for that, but sadly no one's fixed those plugins for ModX.

scouts wrote:
It made this ancient game entertaining. You can only play the same game the same way for so long until you need another game, or a new form of entertainment.

That thar hit the nail on the head and is the core philosophy that lead to the clan getting banned, and will eventually just kill the whole game.

A lot of the problem causing constant goofballery is the age of the mod. It happens to all mods eventually. It becomes more about abusing the game physics, exploiting maps, finding new ways to play that have nothing to do with the game, followed by not even bothering to do that, but just finding new ways to piss one another off.

Frankly, I’d much rather see the NS server die than turn into the TFC room, but I know that is the inevitable outcome. It was hard enough watching our forums go to sh*t.

Some people fall into that trap sooner than others though, and such people tend to be infectious. So the best way to prolong the life of the mod, so that people who really want to play can still play, is to clean such cancers before they spread (albeit, this tumor metastasized ages ago).

As it is, I can see the decay in NS in general. I went to six servers in one night when the JR was empty recently and, after downloading the requisite 20MB of silly plugin media for each, found all of them filled with people who had no intention of playing (DC’s stacking to the ceiling, marines locating to vents 2 mins in, and similar apathy all around). Only place I could find an actual game going was on some eastern block server, where no one spoke English. Go fig.

So I applaud the efforts and hope JRNS will continue to be the last bastion for true NS players so long as there are enough of them around to have actual games, but when there aren’t, I don’t want to see it to become a bastion of hell like the TFC room has become. The JR Admins will do whatever it takes to prevent that, so long as it is still possible to do so.
"A moon's reflection pierced down on a diseased world. There is no cure for the disease. An entire race walks mindlessly into destruction. Not even a man with colossal power would be able to prevent the inevitable." - Hiko, Kenshin
Thothie

Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

*snip*

The other philosophy being that you let the game play itself out. let it enjoy it's final glory days by doing what a game is designed to do; bring joy and entertainment to as many as possible. I don't believe blocking exploits and preventing social experiments is worth the resulting stagnation the server suffers from. I enjoy the lack of mods and decent control of hackers jigglys provides, but outside that I... well, I suppose you know my view on things. The point I'm trying to make is that a game can played in many ways and enjoyed in many ways. I sense that you and jiggly fear a death to the older NS gameplay style, but anyone that can be considered a regular enjoys a good round. They simply want to spice up the more mundane match ups.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:14 pm
Site Admin

I do not believe in encouraging the lowest from the lowest common denominator. It’s bad enough I have to live the effects of doing so in my daily life, I should at least be able to escape it in my virtual one. There's no point in having the game, if people are playing some other game entirely.

'sides, we get more e-mails from the regulars bitching about OA than anyone else. ;)

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Jiggly is dying. It starts with all the regulars being banned, which they almost all are. Then people stop showing up because the fun and skilled players are all gone. Next thing you know you've got nothing but iritating assholes(like on the TFC server) who bitch all day about how this server doesn't have the mods/maps they like and because of that it's a piece of shit, but they're going to play on it anyway for no defineable reason. After that you'll say to yourself "man, nobody plays on the NS server anymore! I guess people are more interested in other games" and it gets shut down. I, for one, don't want that to happen.
Jiggly, come to your senses and unban the people. Worry more about the hackers and jackasses who make the game no fun. The only people who have a problem with the OAs and various other people are new players and people who don't go to Jiggly much. It's true, Scouts and his rag-tag band of misfits stir things up once in a while, but thats what makes it fun! Sometimes, when you've been playing the same few maps for 3 hours you start to get tired of it all. Thats when Scouts, V1ral, Wormbo and the others make you want to keep playing. If anything, they've saved this server. You banning them has made me less interested in coming back here and it shows. Tonight I played on Jiggly for about 30 minutes and left due to boredom.
All I ask is that you give them another chance. Maybe lay some ground rules and see if you can't come to a compromise. Anything is better than simply banning them without reason and not bothering to talk it out. I've been known to raise some Hell myself, but you didn't ban me. I play music on HLSS, granted I don't do it in the middle of the game, but I still do it. I go along with their wonky relocations and pointless rushes. I actually enjoy them. So much so that I was inspired to make voice-overs(found here) for them to show how cool I thought they were and how much I respected them. I was thinking of making one for you, Jiggly, but this has changed my mind. Big time. You need to seriously think this over, Jiggly. If not for me, than for the sake of the best server in all of Natural Selection.

VTB Dark Willow

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:39 pm

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:45 pm

What? It was a legitamate and mature argument.

VTB Dark Willow

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next