Total votes : 19

Jiggs Donations 
Jigglyroom Admin

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:30 am

TheDoc wrote:
TOAST wrote:
TheDoc wrote:
TOAST wrote:
Would I donate? No. Even if I had the money, I don't think I would give some guy I don't know money just to keep a server running for a game he doesn't even play. Almost all of the cool people on the server are banned or don't play there anymore. Sorry, Jiggly, but even if you did take donations, you wouldn't get a penny out of me.

So you wouldn't donate to someone who provided a gaming server where you have had hours of fun at no cost to yourself. Instead you expect him to pay for the entire server and upkeep all on his own. And then to boot you come here and complain about the lag and how he should spend more money buying a new server, or worse tell him how to run his server by removing the original game that was on the box and the whole reason the server exists in the first place.

And on top of that, you and the "cool" people cause alot of trouble drama on the server creating a whole lot more work for him and the other admins to the point where its not enjoyable for him to run the server anymore? Fuck that attitude, you don't deserve to play there. If it were my server I'd tell you to find a new place to play, ingrate.

I'm sorry, who are you again? Oh, thats right. Nobody I should be concerned with. I don't have to explain myself to you, but since I like people to know why I do things, I will. You see, Jiggly may have provided a server for me to play on, true, but how does that warrant money? He did it of his own accord. I have no obligation to give him what little money I have myself. He's not the only one who runs a server, you know. You're acting like it's some kind of special privlaged club or something. It's a server for people to play a FREE GAME on, so I really don't see why you think people have to "ZOMG PAY HIM TEH MONIES BCUZ HE HAV GUD SURVUR!" Jiggly isn't that amazing of a server, in fact it's downright laggy and Jiggly himself doesn't really care about it that much. I haven't actually seen him on it in months and he said that it's second to the TFC server.
He says that he needs $3000 for a new server, but refuses to a) shell out the money for it, b) take donations from people who want to willingly give him money/servers out of the goodness of their hearts, or c) shut down the TFC server, which is full of a bunch of assholes anyway(I've played on it before several times and clocked at least 15 hours on it. All 15 of those hours were neither entertaining nor enjoyable).
You said I was part of the drama? That just shows you how often you're ever on the NS server. I didn't do shit, I just laughed at OA's shenanigans and didn't complain to the admins because I thought they were funny. I never did anything thats against any server rules, in fact I try to enforce them when I can. Telling people when they're breaking rules, such as recycling because of a projected loss and such.
True, I play music, but only in the ready room or when my team is mere moments away from losing/winning, and if someone politely asks me to stop, I do. Or sometimes I ask if it's okay for me to play some music and if everyone is cool with it, I do. In fact, I've gotten several compliments from my "announcer" recordings in the past and a lot of people enjoy them. I even get requests to play them sometimes. So with that, I believe your argument is ill-informed and just plain uneducated.
tl;dr: Do some research before you point fingers, buddy.

:roll: Yes toast you are right.

Im glad I got at least a mention in all that 8-)

ur turn

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:39 am

ScoutsOA wrote:
TheDoc wrote:
TOAST wrote:
TheDoc wrote:
TOAST wrote:
Would I donate? No. Even if I had the money, I don't think I would give some guy I don't know money just to keep a server running for a game he doesn't even play. Almost all of the cool people on the server are banned or don't play there anymore. Sorry, Jiggly, but even if you did take donations, you wouldn't get a penny out of me.

So you wouldn't donate to someone who provided a gaming server where you have had hours of fun at no cost to yourself. Instead you expect him to pay for the entire server and upkeep all on his own. And then to boot you come here and complain about the lag and how he should spend more money buying a new server, or worse tell him how to run his server by removing the original game that was on the box and the whole reason the server exists in the first place.

And on top of that, you and the "cool" people cause alot of trouble drama on the server creating a whole lot more work for him and the other admins to the point where its not enjoyable for him to run the server anymore? Fuck that attitude, you don't deserve to play there. If it were my server I'd tell you to find a new place to play, ingrate.

I'm sorry, who are you again? Oh, thats right. Nobody I should be concerned with. I don't have to explain myself to you, but since I like people to know why I do things, I will. You see, Jiggly may have provided a server for me to play on, true, but how does that warrant money? He did it of his own accord. I have no obligation to give him what little money I have myself. He's not the only one who runs a server, you know. You're acting like it's some kind of special privlaged club or something. It's a server for people to play a FREE GAME on, so I really don't see why you think people have to "ZOMG PAY HIM TEH MONIES BCUZ HE HAV GUD SURVUR!" Jiggly isn't that amazing of a server, in fact it's downright laggy and Jiggly himself doesn't really care about it that much. I haven't actually seen him on it in months and he said that it's second to the TFC server.
He says that he needs $3000 for a new server, but refuses to a) shell out the money for it, b) take donations from people who want to willingly give him money/servers out of the goodness of their hearts, or c) shut down the TFC server, which is full of a bunch of assholes anyway(I've played on it before several times and clocked at least 15 hours on it. All 15 of those hours were neither entertaining nor enjoyable).
You said I was part of the drama? That just shows you how often you're ever on the NS server. I didn't do shit, I just laughed at OA's shenanigans and didn't complain to the admins because I thought they were funny. I never did anything thats against any server rules, in fact I try to enforce them when I can. Telling people when they're breaking rules, such as recycling because of a projected loss and such.
True, I play music, but only in the ready room or when my team is mere moments away from losing/winning, and if someone politely asks me to stop, I do. Or sometimes I ask if it's okay for me to play some music and if everyone is cool with it, I do. In fact, I've gotten several compliments from my "announcer" recordings in the past and a lot of people enjoy them. I even get requests to play them sometimes. So with that, I believe your argument is ill-informed and just plain uneducated.

ur turn

Launch in T minus 9 seconds.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:28 am

humboldt wrote:
ScoutsOA wrote:
TheDoc wrote:
TOAST wrote:
TheDoc wrote:
TOAST wrote:

ur turn

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:14 pm

erik myers wrote:
humboldt wrote:
ScoutsOA wrote:
TheDoc wrote:
TOAST wrote:
TheDoc wrote:
TOAST wrote:

ur turn

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:32 pm
Site Admin

Yes, we have reached the all-time php forum low: The quote vortex.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Yes, we have reached the all-time php forum low: The quote vortex.

It's called a quote pyramid.

VTB Dark Willow

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:43 pm
Site Admin

I refuse to dignify it with that term on behalf of my name's sake. "Pyramid" suggests you are building something, ie. being constructive, while Vortex, brings thoughts of sinister drains, black holes, and toilet bowls that run backwards where Thresh lives.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I refuse to dignify it with that term on behalf of my name's sake. "Pyramid" suggests you are building something, ie. being constructive, while Vortex, brings thoughts of sinister drains, black holes, and toilet bowls that run backwards where Thresh lives.

But a vortex IS constructive! What would gaming be like if it didn't get caught up in the current trendy vortex....
;_;

Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:52 pm

...and toilet bowls that run backwards where Thresh lives.

Hey that's an urban myth.

--Locane

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:58 pm

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:01 pm

VTB Dark Willow

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:33 pm

Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:42 pm

Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:59 pm

Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next