Scouts STEAM_0:0:3700026 

Ban teh Scouts?
Yes, forever 43%  43%  [ 10 ]
Yes, for less than a week 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
No ban, but that doesn't mean I like Scouts 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
No, Scouts is my friend! 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 23

Scouts STEAM_0:0:3700026 

This poll is to see where the community stands on Scouts. Is he harm or help?

I read the mini-discussion in the haxx0rs / griefers sticky above and decided to make a thread about it.

Locane's personal opinion: He's ok most times, but needs to realize that screwing things up and harassing people is not ok. If he quits intentionally vandalizing people's experiences with the game, he'll be ok in my book.

--Locane

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:11 pm

3 votes.... each has 33% of the total vote. This vote only shows 99% of the vote. I call rigging!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:24 pm

Yogurt, I think I have you beat on complaints now. Did you have your own thread about getting you banned? I think not! I voted that Scouts is my friends..well...because he is my friend. But not the 50 people with the [Ban Scouts] tags on. They are not my friends.

And I would like to know how only I am targeting for harassing people. It's rampant on the server, yet it only goes towards my direction. You guys harass me, and I don't sit on the forums and complain about it. Tired of the shit talking? Mute me. Easy as that. I even tell people to mute me, yet they still cry. What the fuck is so fucking hard about clicking my name?

I play seriously every game now. I don't go hide in vents, I run around and shoot shit. Everyone on the server has seen it, except for the admins that are never on. If you want to ban me because I made you cry yourself to sleep one night, fine, whatever dries those tears.

/rant

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:38 pm

I actually sifted through the cheaters thread to see what caused this thread to come about. Since we don't discuss these things in that thread i will put in my 2 cents here.

1. Tak I have been there before when you do the same cheesie shit game after game. It's not cool, you stack/rezwhore/lerk game after game after game just to ensure the win. And as good of a player as you are, its obnoxious and cheesie and unfun. This is not a knock on you (even though it sounds like one) but you do stack and use the same cheesie tactics every game. Try to switch it up some and keep the games interesting by not stacking every round.
2. I am sure you are not wholy to blame for the shotgun rushes, but i'm also sure you never said "hey wait, this is a bit cheesie," but it would be unfair to ban you and hold you responsible unless you were the comm each game.
3. For the same shotgun rush to work over and over and over i am sure there was stackage going on. It couldn't have all been TAK. Because shotgun rushes require marines who can actually shoot.

That being said, Scouts I see where you were coming from, and i doubt at this point having had this topic beaten to death that any ban will come from it. Not that I would have done it, but if i had been on aliens for those shotgun rushes i probably would have at least silently applauded you throwing the guns out the window. That however doesn't make it right.

Also, I hate you and I don't know why I am defending you. I hope you die in a fire.

Love,
Doc

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:44 pm

No ban, but that doesn't mean I like Scouts

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:10 pm

On the SG rushes subject, it worked the first 2-3 times. Then marines were running out of base before the armory was even dropped. When I sabotaged that game, it was only the comm and I in the base. The game was already over, so mreh.

It doesn't take just the comm to initiate a SG rush. It has to have the approval of the team or else he is getting ejected. Guess who supported the rush every time? $5 for getting the correct answer.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 pm
Profile WWW

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:39 pm

Also, I hate you and I don't know why I am defending you. I hope you die in a fire.

Love,
Doc

LOLLERCAUST

--Locane

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:24 am
Site Admin

I knew I shoulda screen shotted that bit where we had 6 guys in the new [Ban Scouts] clan (not including myself). ;)

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

Oh noes! The NS Jigglyroom is going the way of "Confessions of a TFC drama queen"!! Sometimes I think we're all guilty of taking ourselves too seriously.

In any case, I'm glad the discussion came here, seeing as how I probably started the discussion in the cheaters thread. >< My bad, Thoth. But I stand by my points there.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:37 pm

[Ban Scouts] scrim evo. #evolvens on gamesurge.

:roll:

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:54 pm

Everyone on the server has seen it, except for the admins that are never on...

I have noticed that, indeed. Where are teh admins?!

On topic: I think Scouts, as a reg, is an essential part of the community, however, that does not put him out of common responsibility. I guess my only thing would be to ask Scouts to be a little bit more considerate when people make stupid decisions, etc. I mean, not everyone is so good at NS, this is a pub :roll: (albeit a very good one :wink: ).

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:25 pm

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:15 pm

yeah cause evo probably wouldnt even have 6. :(

me magus tek and phynx and two of our clones could tear shit up though. fuggetabout the rest.

anyway, evo has plenty of experience getting pwned by a lot better people than ever play on jiggly, so i wouldn't get too cocky.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next