Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next
Pics 

Prelims start at 9am on Friday.

here have a pic

sort of a collaborative project a couple friends and i did. ended up with me naked and covered in littled glued pieces of paper for a photography class assignment.
Marry me :wink:

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:42 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Lol, ZOE, what's up w/ that old web gear? I ain't used that stuff since basic. The combats (or BDUs, or whatever) also look a little dated. At least you guys got Blackhawks, though. Gotta make due w/ the shitty Griffins up here.

I'll have to get some pictures from the lines and shit, though.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:32 pm

Well, we were doing squad tactics with paintball, and acus tend not to hold up to wear and tear from running around. They also get stained easily and its very hard to get the stains out. This exercise was done with cadets, so all our gear is old. That K-pot, has been replaced by the mitch, and that web gear is replaced by molle gear.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:35 pm

Ah yes, always a good sign when ACUs don't hold up to wear and tear...especially from something as strenuous as running around .... :wink:

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:06 pm

All my ACU pants got their crotches riped from doing o courses in basic, the Velcro on all but one stopped working, doesnt stick anymore. The IR cover came off on two of them. Crawling in the mud/clay in Georgia, dyed one of them a reddish brown. I mean, sure they are lighter than BDUs, and look all cool and stuff, but they don't hold up that well while doing buddy rushes and crawling around in the prone...then again it depends on what you crawl on....

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:51 pm

Tell me again the Army's reasoning behind using ACU's instead of something more comparable to the USMC MARPAT or Canadian CADPAT? (neither of which use velcro except for name tags and flags if I remember right)

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:15 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Flags 'n tags are the only velcro on cadpat combats. I personally am not too impressed w/ the ACU scheme.

The combats are pretty tough for the most part, but they are not made from heavy material. It's good in one sense... but the bugs will bite you straight through them too.

What's your load-bearing gear look like?

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:51 pm

I have that same LBE, my friend who has finished all of his training got issued the Spear LBE when he got to his unit, I mean we are reserve units so we don't get all the fancy new toys really fast. Last time I was at the armory they had old m60s, not m240 Bs or Saws, and the older m16 models that dont have the rail system. I am also sure that some of the 5 ton trucks we have there were made during Vietnam era... We have an ranger in the program at the university said the velcro thing well tactically, was for going places sterile, so that if you got caught they could trace it back to the US....but hmmm the US only use that type of camo sooooo..... I think the ACU goes well in urban terrain, and thats were most of the battles are taking place in cities. I don't know how it would help you out in a place like Korea...When it get wets, then it kinda blends in with the greens of plant life....

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:52 pm

Marry me :wink:

No :wink:

Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:54 am
Profile WWW

Wow i havent checked to see whats going on here in awhile hehe. Oh well I have been busy these past couple of weeks. Modifying my truck myself. Im doing all the mods with a little guidance from my cousin who is a mechanic but for the most part he doesnt tell me anything until I fuck up. Aside from that after work for about 3-4 days a week I go play basketball with my little brother and his friends(Yes minky). Im trying to get back in shape. Keyword here is trying. hehe. Ill get some pics up of my truck with the new mods im doing to it after I install the turn signals and headlights.

MOD list so far is as follows:

Flowmaster 2.5" exhaust system
K&N cold air intake
PCM tuned
and as soon as they arrive my Projector Headlights. After the headlights ill be buying the pullies and if its out the headers too. Im not gonna do too many things as this is my daily driver and a majority of these mods are for "Gas Mileage".

Tue May 01, 2007 10:24 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

All right... Just got back from a four-day field ex. All reflexive shooting, w/ some minor background activities. Pictures!

The firing line. I lost count of the number of mags we went through.

Hooch city. Home for three nights.

My slice of it.

Foreign weapons intro! Probably my favourite part of the whole shebang. The AKM is fucking light, much lighter than the C7/M16, and the RPK is on an order of magnitude lighter than the C9/M249 SAW. Excellent weapons.

And a brief vid of us on the line. I had one with the C9s on the line, but photobucket sez one vid only.

Thu May 03, 2007 8:19 pm

The firing line. I lost count of the number of mags we went through.

It happens, I mean some people were like wow you got to fire the m16 all day long, but after awhile it just gets old, after how many times you get up go online shoot, reload mags and repeat. I get to do that in July....mainly Mout. Is that a EO Tech sight on that Rifle?

Fri May 04, 2007 6:48 am
Jigglyroom Admin

It's not the shooting that gets old, IMO, it's the picking up and sorting of all that damn brass that gets old.

Quote:
Is that a EO Tech sight on that Rifle?

Yep. Section commanders and a few other guys (like me!) get the C8A2's w/ the EOtech.

We are going out for a couple 2-week exercises over the next month starting next Monday, so we'll see how that goes. I'll try to get some more pictures.

Fri May 04, 2007 12:02 pm

It's not the shooting that gets old, IMO, it's the picking up and sorting of all that damn brass that gets old.

You think it's bad on a C7/M16/AR15? Try it on a G3. That thing THROWS the brass. And not to the side, but forward. I had to pick it up as far as 20 yards away. NOT FUN, especially in a forest with a ton of pine needles everywhere.

Fri May 04, 2007 1:22 pm

heh, ya, every time we got done shooting we would have to police the range for brass. Thats a shit load of brass, 1 company at a range for the whole day.
Same when we were out on the mg ranges, we had to get the brass and the links, and make sure they went into separate boxes, the saw chews up brass and spits it out pretty bad as well, when we were cleaning them after we had finished at the range, I found some large chunks of brass inside the damn thing, and theres nothing like having hot brass get stuck in your uniform and not being able to get it out.

Fri May 04, 2007 6:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next