Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Osama is dead. 

here being Guam or somewhere it got shipped while deployed?

only reason I asked is people rocking half helmets usually go hog

but your face is too slim, and that lip piercing screams sport bike

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Really I was wearing that cause I had no choice, I didn't have my GREX helmet... I'd have all my teeth and no scars on my eye lids.

And HERE being Colima, Colima, Mexico. Use Earth, check out the volcano, it's like WOAHH! It's almost ready to pop.

Morning Wood Lumber Co. "Hard wood is Happy wood!"

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:17 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

The city so nice they named it twice?

No dummy! Notice the comma, it's state and city. Colima's capital happens to be Colima, the city.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Jigglyroom Admin

And yes the city IS nice. So nice it's the nation's safest cleanest city/state. Why not show that off?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:58 am

Yeah people, Colima is pretty neat. I probably will be there this september on a high computing clustering meeting at Colima's uni:

http://clcar.itcolima.edu.mx/es

I was wondering if there is something cool for 6 - 8 yo kids. If we decide to go, perhaps we will roll down to Manzanillo. Any suggestions to get family desmadre brah?

Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:29 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Well, Colima's so small there aren't a lot of places to go to... There's La Piedra Lisa, it's sort of interesting and one of the more popular spots for kids. But I guess you'd have a better time in Manzanas. It's more tourist-friendly. If you like to drink (micheladas) then Colima is good, there are tons of bars and not all of em are chunti, there's a good rock bar called Idols, in fact, I'm going there tonight wheee!!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:53 pm
Site Admin

TheDoc wrote:

No dummy! Notice the comma, it's state and city. Colima's capital happens to be Colima, the city.

So, not at all like New York, New York then? ><

Also:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Kurt Jr '94 wrote:
TheDoc wrote:

So, not at all like New York, New York then? ><

Also:

Not at all like it, Albany is the capital of New York.

Also, happy 4th, lets kill some terrorists. C4ke, I'm lookin' at you.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:13 pm

LOL!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:14 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

TBH, I was almost as interested in the helicopter that crashed/got shot down on the raid as I was in the results of the raid. Maybe the tinfoil hat-wearing masses have something in that whole "black helicopter" thing.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:39 am
Site Admin

Eh, last I heard that turned out to be a low-profile "stealth" helicopter (modified Black Hawk?) that was either shot down or damaged on landing (stories seem mixed). The soldiers that disembarked the helicopter destroyed it with phosphorus grenades, as it apparently involved some high profile stealth technology. Pakistan is apparently refusing to give up the remains of the vehicle.

At least, that's the official NPR story. I've not researched the current alien technology threads yet.

Photoset: From Fox News - of all places (Also has photos of everyone dead person in that compound - except Osama.)

I find it a bit more interesting that Osama's house was two blocks from where we caught the last of the Bali bombers, back in January this year.
"Sen. Barack Obama spent the first decade of his life, raised by his Muslim father - as a Muslim and was educated in a madrassa." - Fox News (Sidenote: Obama was not raised by his father, his father left the family when he was two, his father was not a practicing Muslim, Obama was not raised a Muslim, and he was not educated in a madrassa.)
Thothie

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW

they stalled themselves in the rotor wash that came up the high compound walls, and then crashed

the coolest feature are the rivet less skin and the shrouded tail rotor

seems like it could be really quite and or throw it's sound elsewhere.

The cat was out of the bag on radar absorbing paint iirc, but it looks like this particular variant was kept under wraps until one was laying on the ground in Pakistan

I for one can't wait for Aviation week & Space technology to do a piece on it, god I love that publication

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:15 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Okay, sidenote - I don't watch Fox News, but that last quote of yours strikes me as right out of 'er, Thoth. Assuming that's a verbatim quote, how does anyone get away with "reporting" shit like that and not get sued for libel? Granted, we live in a world of "infotainment," but there's got to be a limit to that sort of thing.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:13 pm
Site Admin

The newer broadcast laws render Fox immune to liability lawsuits in most instances (and Fox has an army of lawyers for those few instances where they do not). There are no laws regarding standards for calling something news in the US (I should say, there are *now* no such laws, as there were, once upon a time - quite stringent ones, really - in my lifetime even.). Sadly, that string of lies is pretty tame as FoxNews' lies go. There's a reason that they can't legally broadcast up there in Canada (as well as large swaths of Europe, and even where they can, the fines they cumulate make up nearly half their expenditures). This may not be the case for long, however, as the assault against the laws that prevent their broadcast in Canada is ongoing. Currently there's an effort to get a "Fox-light" type of broadcast going for such places that still have news broadcast standards.

It's a verbatim quote by Steve Doocy on "Fox and Friends" of Jan 19th, 2007, but it didn't stop there, nor end with an apology (clip is his going on about the same "story" half a month after the quote). It is, in fact, a line that Fox News often spews, to this very day, and is something they insist is true. Like most things Fox News broadcasts, they figure if they repeat it often enough...

By polls, better than 60% of people who call themselves regular Fox News viewers believe Obama is a Muslim, that he was not born in the US, that he is not a legal US citizen, and that we found WMD's in Iraq. ...and Fox News is, mind you, by far, the most popular news outlet in this country.

In their defense, they don't buy their own lies across the board on every program, but it's really funny when one of their hands doesn't even seem to realize the other hand is responsible for what they are reporting on:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4315640/poll ... -a-muslim/

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next