Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Uh. 

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:09 am

Heh... Word of advice, get some good bug dope down at Ranger Joe's if you get the chance. I think I still have a bottle of the 99% DEET stuff I got there. I was down there last October through to December, and in some places, those mosquitoes are fucking prehistoric. ALSO, watch out for poison ivy, if you can. I'm pretty sure I'm immune to that shit, but a lot of guys got it pretty bad.

Hey, here's a question - is Veteran's Day not much of a big deal down in the States? We did a little mini-Remembrance Day parade at one of the cenotaphs while we were down there on Nov. 11, but seems like pretty much the rest of the base just had the day off. Do you guys parade or anything like that?

Heh I hear you man this will be my third time down there at Benning. As for the veterans day I really don't know how its conducted on other posts, sometimes there are events but most of the time its a day off of work unless you screwed up somewhere and have to pull staff duty that day. Only places I think that do military parades are posts that have units with a lot of history. Bragg has something that happens for the the vets who dropped in the 2WW. Other than that I don't have a clue sorry.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2