Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
The true meaning of Christmas 
Site Admin

A Half-Life Christmas:

Also, The True Meaning of Christmas for Atheists.

I just like to put that up whenever some hard-core atheist friend of mine says he'll never teach his/her kids about Santa Claus. ;)

Wish I could link the whole flick... Has my favorite actor, Ian Richardson, in his final role as Death - having completed it just a month before his final farewell to the world... Better than husky Orson Well's final farewell, I suppose, as the planet eating robot Unicron in the old animated Transformers movie. ;)
"And then Jack chopped down what was the world's last beanstalk, adding murder and ecological terrorism to the theft, enticement, and trespass charges already mentioned, and all the giant's children didn't have a daddy any more. But he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks inconvenient questions." - Hogfather
Thothie

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:08 am
Profile YIM WWW

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:43 pm

I don't celebrate christan christmas, it's all about the celebration of the solstice that predates the thievery of xmas by 1000 years

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:30 pm
Site Admin

celebration of the solstice that predates the thievery of xmas by 1000 years

By more than that I assume... Since the dawn of agriculture, one would think. :P

Tis one of those old mods I used to help with, Master Sword Continued. It goes into christmas mode from winter solstice to xmass +3 days. If you ask the NPC's though, they are apparently celebrating Hogswatch.
"This so called new religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants designed to take away the money of fools. Now, let us say the Lord's prayer 40 times, but first let's pass the collection plate." -Reverend Lovejoy on "The Simpsons" in a sermon about "the Movementarians"
Thothie

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW

thoth lets go half on a package of these and get them shipped to lawlcane

http://www.amazon.com/Hirts-Beneficial- ... 653&sr=8-1

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]